Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have no idea where you're coming from this "prone" to evil behavior. I have many friends who are of Mexican descent, but I call them Americans. No one refers to me as Cherokee, because I am American. Anyone who is legal and integrated is welcome. I don't want illegal aliens barging across the borders and blatantly protesting in our streets when they have a corrupted country that needs to be taken back by the people.

Let me reiterate as many have on this forum, when someone breaks a law they are a criminal. Every illegal alien who sneaks into this country knows they are breaking the law, therefore they are criminals. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

so why must the U.S. fix it? We have enough things to fix, particularly our national security! I feel for those who died and are suffering in Mexico, but there is a legal path to become U.S. citizens....so why do you think we should fix it?????
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I'm with you krazynbama. Just because somebody wants to do something, like come here illegally, it seems they think they're ENTITLED to break the law. Without respect for the law, WE will have nothing. I recently heard that some polls were taken in Central American countries and in Mexico -- according to the polls an OVERWHELMING number of people from those countries would come here if given a chance. Then what? Too many of those people have no concept of sanitation or litter control or any thing that most Americans accept as standard practice. And that doesn't even address the drain on our services and hospitals and consumption of resources -- like GASOLINE. Nope, no bleeding hearts here. Fix their own darn countries -- that's what WE"RE trying to do. We, on this forum, are trying to fix our own country!
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion
    And by the way, if Mexico is corrupt, well, fix it! Do you really think it is possible to wipe out corruption. Students protested a long time ago. They were all massacred... the government said only 15 were dead. It turns out it was hundreds...

You really think these 12 million want to go back there and "fix" it?
    I don't think that anyone here is attacking your grandfather.

Why should we fix Mexico's problems? We just had protests here two weeks in a row with 500,000 plus in the streets. The majority of them appeared to be from Mexico or Latin America and probably a good number of them were illegal and from Mexico. Why are they not marching in Mexico to fix the problems there?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Re-wording an old saying that may or may not be applicable to this thread but the thought did arise......

You can take the kid outta' the country but yah' can't take the country outta' the kid.

Seems to be too true for so many.... even after 2 or more generations within the USA.

This aspect of the recent bout of "immigration" has been discussed at length on a couple UseNet newsgroups for several years.

Many have noticed this loyalty but no firm conclusions reached as to the reason. The loyalty to another land/culture is not nearly as apparent with other groups from other nations such as Korea, China, Italy, etc.

For some reason, a hold to that to our south appears to be far stronger than for those originating from other areas.

As I said..... a LOT of discussion about this for years, an interesting aspect that many observers of the invasion have noted.

Yes, obbop, it is prevalent in many. I taught high school in Florida and Texas, and for some reason the young men especially had national pride in the nation from which their family immigrated. I tried to explain how this looked to others, and that it was ok to be proud of their culture but they should talk more of their nation....USA! But it was always talk about Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico from the gangster-wanna-bes and which of those countries was the best, etc So of course I wondered why, and wondered what the talk was at their homes with their families. It seems almost innate.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

But you are looking down on our country and also bringing down our country, illegals have over run my town and where they have taken up residence are becoming SLUMS. Beer bottles, trash, run-down houses that used to be decent dwellings. They are trying to turn America into the "GARBAGE HOLE" that they are fleeing from!
    And not to mention that on a weekly basis our town workers have to come out with cans of paint to cover all the gang signs that the "COWARDS" have painted on the walls(probably while HIGH or DRUNK) of historical buildings that have stood here for decades!!!!!!!!!
    For God's sake! The actress that played "Aunt Bee" used to reside here before her passing. It was a really nice little quiet, CLEAN town when she was alive and when I moved here, but to see it now, it makes me SICK!!!!!!
    And all the illegals that rallied here with the help of their Hispanic liasons a couple of weeks ago was a total disgrace! I can't even go grocery shopping anymore without having twenty head of illegals blocking the isles gabbering on about nonsense. They have NO RESPECT!! Not to mention that my son has to take spanish in school!! Oh my God!! How about you learn to speak friggin english before you sneak across the border then we might not look at you the way that all of you people say that we do! And how about not bringing your FILTHY ways of living over here when you come!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT THAT?
    They have the mind set that WE owe them something! I don't owe them a darn thing. And the poultry industries that we have in the town is the main reason they are here. I heard a plant worker on the local news during this rally talking about how THEY will do the jobs that AMERICANS won't do because it is too nasty and that they don't get fair wages!
    I worked in the same poultry plant for 13 years and the highest wage I was able to acheive was $ 8.75 an hour and that was an office position. And I started out at the bottom inside the "nasty" place to get where I was! So don't come to me with the HORSE S**T about fair wages and treatment. Show a little respect for the country that has let you waltz in here and you might get a little back in return!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M NOT APOLOGIZING TO ANYONE FOR DISRESPECT! I'M TIRED OF BENDING OVER AND GETTING THE SHAFT BY THESE CRIMINALS!
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO THE HELL BACK WHERE YOU NEED TO BE ANYWAY!
    Our country is sending all of our Textile plants over there everyday, why in the world can't you go back and take the jobs that we are sending there that are putting hundreds of hard working AMERICANS out of work everyday? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

I'M NOT APOLOGIZING TO ANYONE FOR DISRESPECT! I'M TIRED OF BENDING OVER AND GETTING THE SHAFT BY THESE CRIMINALS!
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO THE HELL BACK WHERE YOU NEED TO BE ANYWAY!
    I knew that deep in your heart you eould think that of me anyways. Let your rage consume you.

This is why it is important to keep our minds. I don't allow injustice to take over my mind so that whatever action that comes out of it won't be influenced by emotions.

But you are looking down on our country and also bringing down our country, illegals have over run my town and where they have taken up residence are becoming SLUMS. Beer bottles, trash, run-down houses that used to be decent dwellings. They are trying to turn America into the "GARBAGE HOLE" that they are fleeing from!
    Uhm, no. It is to be acknowledged that the system of things on earth is full of shit. Therefore I look down on all the systems equally. None of them are holy nor effective.

Why should we fix Mexico's problems? We just had protests here two weeks in a row with 500,000 plus in the streets. The majority of them appeared to be from Mexico or Latin America and probably a good number of them were illegal and from Mexico. Why are they not marching in Mexico to fix the problems there?
    I am not saying we should. Corruption will prevail, sadly, and there is nothing people can do about it. I don't expect to see Mexico changing whatever things they need to change because its human nature to pursue evil. Same goes for America, only to a lesser degree.

"And by the way, if Mexico is corrupt, well, fix it! Do you really think it is possible to wipe out corruption. Students protested a long time ago. They were all massacred... the government said only 15 were dead. It turns out it was hundreds... "

Better go back and read again...Looks like you did say we should fix Mexico's corruption...so don't start your self-righteous bull crap now. Did you forget you typed this, or did you change your mind?
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I am sorry but that was a rhetorical statement. If you take a closer look at my posts, this is called an "adunaton" i.e. an impossiblity. America can't fix Mexico's problems nor anyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast