Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Janice Brown!!! Any bets Bush boy will pick her?

I really felt sorry for the way they treated Miers. I don't think she met the qualifications for a Supreme Court Justice BUT I agree you Judy that she deserved a fair hearing and an up or down vote. For the far right to go and take out TV ads asking her to withdraw was just despicable.

I, for one, hope it is NOT Janice Brown. And, I get more and more concerned that Bush just seems to crumble to the demands of what I believe is a small minority of the voting population. NO GROUP should have that kind of power--ESPECIALLY when it comes to making a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

Miers didn't do anything to deserve the way the far right just crucified her.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Also, Arlen Specter asked her for documents that are protected by attorney-client privilege. That would rule out any attorney that has ever had a client which means any attorney that has ever actually practiced law. Did they ask Roberts for documents protected by attorney-client privilege? No.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think they DID ask Roberts but he didn't provide them and they let it go. Remember Joe Biden was asking for some briefs that Roberts didn't provide and that caused a minor furor for awhile.

But, Miers just didn't have anything else to give anyone an idea of her judicial philosophy which is crossing into murky territory. She might have made a fine Justice BUT she was beaten from the get-go. I wasn't particularly impressed with her but I just think it's inexcusable the way they treated her. NOBODY deserves to be humiliated like they seemed bent on doing. I bet she was GLAD to get out of the mess. And, I would have had serious problems with the fact that there are going to be cases coming before the Supreme Court that deal with Presidential powers and I just don't think I would have felt confident that she would have ruled against Bush on any issue. That was my major problem with her.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

And the Presidential Powers issue is a solid reason to vote "nay" on Miers, but that wasn't the reason she was withdrawn.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Candidates who I want to see picked for the Supreme Court:

1. J. Michael Luttig
    2. Samuel A. Alito
    3. J. Harvie Wilkinson III
    4. Edith Brown Clement
    5. Alice Batchelder
    6. Karen Williams
    7. Larry D. Thompson

My perferences are in that exact order. Luttig and Alito would be another Rehnquist, Thomas or Scalia which is what I want in there. Someone who is a staunch conservative who will merely interpret law and uphold the constitution, not legislate from the bench.

I'm not going to get into the so called treatment of Harriet Miers, but the fact of the matter is that she didn't deserve to be nominated in the first place. She was unqualified and undeserving of the nomination. I believe had she not been a woman and a Bush loyalist at the same time, she wouldn't have even sniffed a nomination. She was nothing, but a Bush crony.

Let me tell you all something else. Harriet Miers was a pick by Bush to appease left wing Democrats. Let me explain. When Bush nominated Miers, the likes of Schumer, Kennedy, Reid, Boxer and Clinton were thrilled with the pick. Couldn't say enough great things about her. You know when those lefties are pleased, America is going to get screwed. Why were they thrilled? Because Miers stood for everything the left stands for. She is all for Affirmative Action, Homosexual Marriage, Abortion on Demand, Illegal Alien Rights, Using foreign law as a presidence to determine how to rule in some cases ala Ruth Bader Ginsberg etc. She even helped an illegal alien Somali avoid deportation. Now ask yourselves is this the type of justice you would want serving you? Do you really think this non-entity would have Americas best interest at heart? She would have been another a disaster, another Ruth Bader Ginsberg, maybe another David Souter at best. I'm sorry, but we don't need this non-entity anywhere near the courts and being Bush's pal doesn't qualify you for jack. It wasn't just right wingers that didn't want Miers. I knew alot of knowledgeable sane liberal types that didn't want her in there either. It wasn't a right wing thing. When Harriet Miers withdrew, all of the Dems like Schumer and the like started carping and throwing their usual tantrums so what does that tell you?

It's time for Bush to stop being a coward, pick a real qualified leader to the Supreme Court and have the battle with the radical left that needs to be waged. If Bush picks another non-entity then he might as well resign because the conservatives are going to leave him in droves and this time they won't come back. If he values his poll numbers and his presidency he better listen to his people (that would be us).
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am against all of the above issues except that I am pro-choice.

I will study over you picks, dman. Some of them are familiar and I think would be very good.

I'm holding my breath while I wait for Wackident to call for my opinion!!

I am against all of the above issues except that I am pro-choice.
    I'm only for limited abortion in cases like rape, incest, kid could be born drug dependent or with a fatal disease or woman's life is in danger. I'm against however abortion on demand. I think it should only be used in extreme circumstances. I feel that every kid should have a right to life and that their are alternatives to abortion. I'm against abortion on demand. I think that is just wrong.

I will study over you picks, dman. Some of them are familiar and I think would be very good.
    I mostly just picked them from a list of possible candidates being discussed. If someone like a Robert Bork or a Kris Kobach were to be called I would welcome them with open arms. I don't care if the candidate is liberal, I just don't want another extremist from the far left in the courts. I also don't want another Bush bot neocon in their either.

I'm holding my breath while I wait for Wackident to call for my opinion!!
    I hear ya. I hope to God it's not Gonzales or McConnell or someone of that type. I think this time things might be different. I don't think Bush wants to be embarrassed again and the conservatives have already told Bush not to pick Gonzales. I don't think he can afford to have another revolt on his hands. Then again I know this is Bush we are talking about and he's not too bright, but we'll see what happens.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The choice issue is one that I will refrain from discussing on this forum since it is very controversial. To each his own IMHO.

I do like Clement and possibly Williams. If Wackitator calls me, I will read your list to him and add my two cents worth!!! It doesn't matter what he does now in my mind because the damage he has done to our country is irreparable.

The choice issue is one that I will refrain from discussing on this forum since it is very controversial. To each his own IMHO.
    Fair enough.

I do like Clement and possibly Williams.
    I wouldn't go for either, but like you said, to each their own.

It doesn't matter what he does now in my mind because the damage he has done to our country is irreparable.
    Bush's actions have been reprehensible. It's so sad that he has divided this nation like this. It's an outrage. His lack of leadership has made this country worse off then it's ever been. Even if he does pick a judge I want, I still want him to be impeached. Nothing he can do will ever make me change my view of him. He's an evil rotten snake in the grass who is a liar, a manipulator and a con artist. Impeachment really is too good for him. He should be deported.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast