Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Migrant leaders agree to create a parliament in the U.S.

Congressmen and migrant leaders lash out against Congresswoman Dolores Gonzales

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/2007/11/18/i ... e=008n1pol

Migrant leaders agree to create a permanent parliament in the U.S.

They require the Mexican president to denounce the militarization against the undocumented.

In a historic decision, leaders of migrant Mexicans agreed to constitute a Permanent Parliament of Migrant in the United States, plural and independent of governments and political parties of both countries, with the main task to defend and to promote the interests of the migrant that live in that territory and now they face one of terrible, racist and cruel broadside".

It approved by the full one of the first Parliament of Mexican Migrant Leaders that live in the United States, that was in session in the precinct of the Chanber of Representatives, this new intity will be conformed by social organizations and physical people that share its objective, with representations in the United States. This assembly will be carried out in the first months of 2008, tentatively in Washington.

Besides, the Mexican leaders agreed to ask president Felipe Calderon to require the American government to"halt the militarization" against the unodcumented, and to resort to all the international legal bodies to denounce the violations of human rights and the deaths in the border.

Approved by the assembly of Mexican Migrant Leaders, appointed to a committee with the representation of migrant organizations with presence in 28 states in the U.S.

The proposals arisen of the three desks that were in session in San Lazarus were approved, after surpassing the refusal of some of the migrant leaders that asked that they form part of the Institute of the Mexicans abroad (IME), linked with the federal government.

In its refusal underlies the idea that this permanent parliament would replace IME, agency that has an administrative character and is linked with the Mexican federal Executive as organ consultant.

During the recess for the designation of the commission that will organize the assembly constituent, the representative Panista Dolores González attacked the parliament. "I delcare this act closed, because this is a show that I am not going to tolerate and permit", she said in pressence of representatives. This was the second day in which the legislator declared against the efforts of the migrant parliament.

Several leaders of the initiative explained after that the agencies can function in a parallel way without any problem and aiding, with their faculties, to the migrant and Mexican community in the United States.

In the three tables in which the work of the parliament was divided, there was an large number of approaches, among which they emphasized greater presence of migrant leaders in state, federal, and legislative representations; greater resources to the network of consular protection, a special fund for the repatriation of the remainders of migrants who died on the border, reduction in the commissions of businesses that are dedicated to theshipment of remittances, greater resources for attention of the education of migrant,children, enlargement of the program Three for One, in social projects, and that the federal government believes a program of incentives that facilitate the investment of the migrant in national territory.

Besides, the Mexican leaders agreed to ask him president Felipe Calderon to require the American government to"halt the militarization" against the unodcumented, and to resort to all the international legal bodies to denounce the violations ofhuman rights and the deaths in the border.
    Now that's a new one....a foreign country forming its own government in OUR country, with the expressed purpose of telling us how to run things.

These people have nerve, I'll give you that much.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

They have killed the Golden Goose now they want to kick it to bring it back to life, bring it on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    These people have got NERVE... and that's about the ONLY thing I will give them!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did anyone find articles relating to this? I found a blog but that was about it, and it was before the actual meeting scheduled for 11/16 and 11/17.

Hey, let's all go down to Mexico and create a parliment of American ex-pat leaders. What do you think will happen?

How many more organizations are going to come to light?

Why haven't we heard about this?

This is about the law term. For other uses see Sedition (disambiguation)
    Sedition is a term of law which refers to covert conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority as tending toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel.

Because sedition is typically considered a subversive act, the overt acts that may be prosecutable under sedition laws vary from one legal code to another. Where those legal codes have a traceable history, there is also a record of the change of definition for what constituted sedition at certain points in history. This overview has served to develop a sociological definition of sedition as well, within study of persecution.

The difference between sedition and treason consists primarily in the subjective ultimate object of the violation to the public peace. Sedition does not consist of levying war against a government nor of adhering to its enemies, giving enemies aid, and giving enemies comfort. Nor does it consist, in most representative democracies, of peaceful protest against a government, nor of attempting to change the government by democratic means (such as direct democracy or constitutional convention).

Put simply, sedition is the stirring up of rebellion against the government in power. Treason is the violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state and has to do with giving aid to enemies or levying war. Sedition is more about encouraging the people to rebel, when treason is actually betraying the country.

In 1940, the Alien Registration Act or Smith Act was passed, which made it a crime to advocate or teach the desirability of overthrowing the United States Government, or to be a member of any organization which does the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    These people have got NERVE... and that's about the ONLY thing I will give them!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish that that was all I was giving but sadly my government is forcing me to give them my tax dollars.

I really do wish the American people could get really organized in this thing and work together.

They (we) have been pretty good about getting the message out to polticians - even media, etc., but we need to do more and do it as a whole group.

Most of us could cut our taxes more than we do. If you don't want to hire a CPA every year, the price of a visit to go over your tax return and talk about your situation would most likely be worth it.

We are just plain old working people, but our CPA has saved us quite a bit of money. He tells us in advance of things we can do through the year, to cut our taxes or tells us early how to take advantage of a tax savings. For years, we usually didn't hear about those until we did the taxes - and it was too late then.

Also, think about where you spend your money. Think long and hard. It is tough to keep that in mind all the time. But we have to admit to ourselves just how dangerous to our families and our country this is and ask ourselves if we can't keep that foremost in our minds when shopping - for anything.

While I think this has a very sinister agenda, I do think that money is what is driving this. If we will be very careful and use our money, we can make a difference. Money is the fuel here, it really is.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast