Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Do you guys know of any forums that need to learn this information? Is there a way to get this message out to the black community? They can't fight what they don't know... How can we reach and educate them?

Your thoughts

Pinestraw....there is a LOT of misinformation on MYSPACE, and I for one have been hitting the News/Political threads writing on this issue, and am slowly getting a few converts. Think this is very important, as a lot of the student protests are using that space to do their organizing, which means we need VOICES over there. As you can imagine, I am getting some not very nice mails from some there, but as I said the converts make it all worth it.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Welcome Americans1st. We need more activists like you to spread the message! Great post!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

AFrican AMerican Fighting alone

I have signed up for myspace so I could get information to my brothers and sistes. I have tried going to Black Voices and one of them even told me that I wasn't black until I gave it to them what we call going Ghetto. I'm to to the point I'm ready to put fliers up all over my community to inform them. The biggest problem are the churches. They are the ones who will talk them down. Until preachers get on board there is nothing to do to convert them. I've been fighting this issue and it's difficult if you can tell me what else to do I will be glad to know so I can do it to get them to the right side. If they get in power blacks are screwed more than they know it. I just don't get why they can't see it.

to all the black posters, I appreciate your comments and have copied and emailed them to my friend -- sometimes she's a little hard of hearing but maybe she will REALLY see how important this issue is for everyone when it comes from her own people
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    to all the black posters, I appreciate your comments and have copied and emailed them to my friend -- sometimes she's a little hard of hearing but maybe she will REALLY see how important this issue is for everyone when it comes from her own people

So whats going on with your friend? She was fooled into believing this is a civil rights movement?

Also. I started a topic about illegal immigration a week or so ago on a video game forum. You see they have a section set aside for issues such as these.

http://p072.ezboard.com/fsonichqcomm...icID=682.topic

If any of you guys have an EZboard account. Please feel free to join in on the debate. Its getting pretty heated. Just make sure to follow forum rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue

So whats going on with your friend? She was fooled into believing this is a civil rights movement?
    I finally got her over that hump, and she got angry. BUT, she doesn't think all this is as big a threat as I keep telling her. When I told her about the amnesty bill, she the American people had the last vote -- I informed her she didn't have a VOTE. I've asked her to get her husband to bring it before the church, he's also a preacher. He said his responsibility is to preach the gospel. I told her that is true, I didn't ask him to preach a sermon about it, just let the people know what's going on.

I have no children, but she does. I told her she can help fight now, or they can fight later
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I've asked her to get her husband to bring it before the church, he's also a preacher. He said his responsibility is to preach the gospel. I told her that is true, I didn't ask him to preach a sermon about it, just let the people know what's going on.
    didn't our wonderful congress and our wonderful president pass some law that said that any church that talks politics will lose their tax exempt status? I can see how the gov't would send in infiltrators and shut down any church that even SEEMED to be against them. I understand why the man would be reluctant.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I've asked her to get her husband to bring it before the church, he's also a preacher. He said his responsibility is to preach the gospel. I told her that is true, I didn't ask him to preach a sermon about it, just let the people know what's going on.
    didn't our wonderful congress and our wonderful president pass some law that said that any church that talks politics will lose their tax exempt status? I can see how the gov't would send in infiltrators and shut down any church that even SEEMED to be against them. I understand why the man would be reluctant.
    then why aren't the illegals worried? Aren't they getting their support from the Catholic Church?

Yes indeed!

And many churches (not just Catholic ones) are speaking out on behalf of the illegals. I think they should get their tax exempt status pulled for that, too. The Evangelical church right down the road from me gives them food and clothes at least one time a month as a matter of fact.

But I just have this feeling that if churches came out as anti-illegal or pro-legal-only (however you wish to phrase it) they would get jumped on with both feet in about two seconds. See, they are construed as "poor people" who came here to work us over. People who would oppose their right to be here are construed as racists. Therein lies the difference.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast