Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wish they WOULD sue some of these ACLU idiots.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I don't know how you can be so critical of this in light of the taxes forced upon you by your government, and the failure of people to take the time to control it.
    Ayatollah, I found the tone of this sentence just a teeny weeny bit offensive. I wasn't critical of these groups asking for money and if I sounded that way, I apologize to everyone on this board. I was just pointing out that there are either a whole bunch of copy cats or else they have split up and all are asking for money. The vact that all of the money is to be sent to all sorts of different addresses from VA to CA, I'd say something is fishy so be leery.

I DID contribute to the original MMP before and during the time they were operating in AZ -- more than once. I feel like my money was well spent. Later, I contributed more but I am not sure if the money I sent or the application I sent out to join them when they came here to El Paso actually was legitimate because I was supposed to have received an ID card that I never did get. Now, I'll grant you that I don't always send them as much as they would like to have but if I have an extra 20 bucks to send, I am not shy about finding someone who can make use of it. I have sent stamps, too. Those organizations have lots of mailing to do.

In addition, beginning last February, I wrote dozens of letters to media all over the country to get exposure for the Minute Men and attention for the cause. My main concern is that some gang member will shoot at them and the more people who know they are there, the better. Which is why I looked up media sources all over the country to cover them.

In fact, last spring, when the President called them "vigilantes" I personally wrote him a letter telling him how much it upset me that he would say such a thing, especially to a foreign leader who is more or less a dictator. Not that I think he read the letter or that he even gives a rat's petutie what I think. But I am no shirker when it comes to causes I so strongly believe in. And there is no cause I believe in anywhere near as much stomping out illegal immigration and deporting illegal immigrants once and for all.

I have put up flyers for the MinuteMen, for ALIPAC and for other organizations who wish to put a stop to this continuous flow of illegal immigrants into this country on public bulletin boards all over the country. ALIPAC has a fabulous one that you can just print out and hang up. I have a bunch of them in my car right now that I printed out this morning knowing that I will be going places this week where I can post them.

If there were no flyers available for me, I made up my own to make sure that every orgainzation worth it's salt has their web addresses out there where people who have computers can look them up and people who don't can be aware that such organizations at least exist.

So you see, I'd be a little bit careful of who you are calling a slacker when it comes to the MinuteMen.

Bootsie, I get all sorts of requests by mail, phone and by e-mail for donations for all sorts of people I never even heard of. The only thing I can do is promise to look up information and send money if I have it and feel they are worthy of it. I will donate to Gilchrist if I can cough up a few extra dollars and I wrote to my sisters in CA to let them know they have someone who will actually look out for them running. Even though neither of them are in his district they will spread the word and his name will be known, giving him that much more exposure. Believe it or not, everyone isn't as avid in their pursuit of this issue as I am and there are actually people who have no idea what's happening while they live their lives thinking everything is just peachy.

Until William Gheen started stumping for the cause, I'd be willing to wager that most of the people in NC had no idea what kind of mess they were in. People in NC and all over this country owe him a debt of gratitude that they can never repay any other way than to fight this cause through to resolution. And I bet you he doesn't care if you send him only ten bucks instead of fifty. Every penny counts. Better that ten people send you ten bucks each than one send you fifty if you ask me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Beats me how they think they can accuse the MinuteMen of murder when some Coyote locks up a bunch of desparate people in the back of a truck and leaves them to cook in the sun. Every single time I see one of those transports they pull with a truck just sitting somewhere around here, I can't help but wonder if it has illegals in it who are waiting for someone to pick them up for the next leg of their journey.

I can't say I don't feel a little sorry for those people who have given some worthless chunk of cow dung their entire life savings only to be double crossed but I don't want them in this country either.

There are many incidents out here in the desert where people die in trucks, train cars and other places because they were abandoned by their coyotes. I find it disgusting.

I feel like the Coyotes should be sentenced to death for their part in this scheme. Unfortunately, the Coyotes are rarely found and the victims who live through the ordeal just try it again as soon as they raise enough money to pay some other shylock. It is truly sickening.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you are doing a magnificent job, JJ. You just keep up the good fight.

And, you are so right about the coyotes. They need to be hung in the public square.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

JuniusJnr,

Thank you for the help! Every bit helps and of course we all sincerely hope that all of our regular Discussion Group users are financial supporters as well.

ALPAC's October fundraiser went well and we are now moving on to offline fundraising before we get too deep into the holidays.

W

Uh-huh......

I may have interpreted the posts wrongly, and if I did I apologize. But one thing that still rings true is lack of participation from many supporters. And I am not just talking about money or donations. If you have questions about where the donations are going, the best way to keep track is to get more active within the groups. Phone calls, letters, and volunteering of time goes a great deal farther than actual dollars believe it or not. You obviously have questions, and there is some skepticism in the tone, and while that is something I respect in any individual, There is not much any one person can do to allay such fears from afar. Managing a website, fielding groups of people, and maintaining an organization like these requires a lot of personal effort. Everyone has stretched the time in their lives to the thinnest degree, especially when there are field operations, or rallies going on. In the interim, the website or the telephones go unattended. The thing is, there are a lot more promises made than actually fullfilled in the warm body category. And the reference I made about the inability to tax like the government does, was just another case of those unfilled seats at showtime. Not the money, but the presence. I cannot tell you how many public meetings I've attended where I was the only one that showed up to try and show our elected or appointed officials that we do care about the decisions being made. But 6 months or a year later, everyone is up in arms and claiming taxation without representation, or some other almost baseless charge. Now I thought I was seeing some of the same attitude here in this thread, and MMP doesn't even have anything close to the same power over anyones life that these official designees do with their ability to reach directly into your pocket, bank, or home loan impound account.
    I am not saying to blindly send your money anywhere. I am saying if this cause is worthy of any money, it might as equally be worth your time to track it's usage and path. Once you are doing that, you are practically a conscript, and that involvement grows on you like an appendage.

To put one thing in perspective: the money asked was around $25.00 or 50 if I remember correctly. But any city, county, state, borrough, or whatever muni organization close to you usually gets about double that each and every month from you by adding it to your phone bill, utility, sales tax, or fuel purchase, usually without your knowing how it is used, who ends up with it, or how it even came to be into existence without your input. Now again, I am not recommending the same blind tithing to any MMP group, but rather stating the need to get so involved that you will be giving answers instead of asking questions.
    And I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my earlier statements. I have been stretched thinly myself, and I can't think as deeply as usual, so my writing is reflecting that. Any support given to border watch groups is deeply appreciated, make no mistake about that. And I wouldn't want anyone to throw money into a pipeline to our opposition by mistake either.
    Donate carefully. But get involved on a weekly basis if you can, because we need numbers in the human category too. And by all means, start something yourself with your money, as that usually is the best use of it. A website in your town. A weekly newsletter, some fliers, or a picture wall to educate those around you.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Quote Originally Posted by Acebackwords
    According to a thread on the http://www.saveourstate.org site, theres going to be an episode on some schlock TV show on NBC that alleges that the Minutemen are murderers because of the deaths of some illegal immigrants being smuggled across the border. This has got to be a new low in liberal media propaganda. (Someone suggested the Minutemen sue the bastards for libel and defamation, and I agree.)
    Yahoo TV listing for Law & Order Wednesday evening 11/16.
    "New York Minute"
    Detectives link the owner of a trucking company to the smuggling of illegal aliens and suspect a citizens border-patrol member of his killing.
    I suppose it depends how Law & Order portrays it all, but the typical propaganda and indoctrination in TV shows is getting to be awfully disgusting.

Television is garbage. Virtually everything that spews out of Hollywood has Liberal Propaganda written all over it. They've been pissing in the American soup for years and years. Its a big reason for the mess we're in. I threw my TV set out 15 years ago and haven't watched any of that garbage since. Is anybody the least surprised by the slant of this LAW & DISORDER piece of garbage? Its absolutely typical of the liberal horses**t they've been spewing for the last 30 years. How 'bout another whacky episode of "All in the Family" where that "bigot" Archie Bunker rants about his support for those "vigalante" Minutemen. How about another episode of "Mary Tyler Moore" where that loveable lug Lou "Ed Ass-ner" Grant -- one of the biggest Liberals in Hollywood -- spews his loveable liberal agenda at the unsuspecting masses.

I don't watch TV much at all anymore either, but I do have the TV on in the background right now and NBC just had an ad/preview for the Wednesday Law & Order episode. They actually did use the word "Minutemen" both in the audio and flashed it on the screen too. There was a line something like "Was it murder or a minuteman just protecting the border?" The ending line was very close to "The episode that will enrage America". (I'm not sure if the word on the screen was "Minutemen" or "Minute Men" -- if that makes a difference.)

It looks like to me that NBC and Law & Order is attempting to smear the Minutemen and glorify illegal aliens -- at least that is the impression I got from the preview. It's standard fare for the media to be glorifying illegal aliens, but to attempt to destroy the reputation of a law abiding group operating well within the law and merely exercising their rights under the Constitution is definitely going over the line. Not to mention that it could put members of the group in added danger. Also, I wonder if the show and/or the timing of the airing has anything to do with the Gilchrist election.

BlueHills, I don't see anything wrong with the TV shows trying to make stories out of current events, actually. I don't always agree with the outcomes of their scenarios but I think it's their story and they can tell it any way they want it.

And I know a couple of truckers who know OF other truckers who transport illegals. It happens every day here in the border land.

Now I have to either tape my show or else tape Law and Order tonight. I am a regular Boston Legal fan and if I am not mistaken they play opposite one another.

And if the show smears the Minute Men, I WILL be writing an angry protest.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast