Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'll be in bed and taping O'reilly, Hannity and Colmes, etc. Y'all fill me in tomorrow!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I don't disagree with your first paragraph, Juniusjnr.

The specific concern I have with this Law & Order episode is that the Gilchrist organization and the various off-shoots are all known as Minutemen. From the preview that I saw, it appears that the Law & Order writers call the fictional group in the show "Minutemen" or "Minute Men", i.e. they didn't make up a fictional name for the fictional group. So, if the fictional group is portrayed as a bunch of "redneck" uneducated murdering simpletons then there is a real possibility that a naive public will associate the characteristics of the fictional group with the real group. There appears to already be an organized effort to portray the real Minutemen that way by their opponents. If the writers had used a different name, then that would at least emphasize the fact that the TV group is fictional and may not be an accurate reflection of the real group.

I guess I do have a general irritation that so many fictional TV shows are in reality propaganda and brainwashing vehicles that promote a politically correct agenda of open borders, illegals are all victims, and anybody opposed to any immigration restrictions is a redneck fool. I notice that particularly in the "crime" drama shows and it is often subtle. Hopefully, the viewing public is more aware and discriminating than I think, but I really wouldn't count on it. I'm not suggesting government censorship or anything like that because the cure would be worse than the disease.

We will have to wait and see how Law & Order handles it, maybe the Minutemen will come out looking ok. And as the old saying goes, any publicity is better than no publicity. Even if the intent of the writers is make the Minutemen look bad, it could backfire on them.

BTW, I believe the Law & Order "New York Minute" show about the Minutemen is on tomorrow, Wed 11/16. Tonight's show is a Law & Order:SVU repeat. So, no conflict with Boston Legal

the MinutemanHQ webpage would always break my browser, i dont even go there now .

-pa

phoenixashes, hmmmm--- I go there at least weekly but nothing happens t my browser. Are you on AOL? They are a more prone to "censoring" what people can see than other servers, I know that.

Still, I am all of a sudden having problems reaching certain political sites and I'm on SBC. I don't know if I am trying to visit at a time when the traffic is heavy or if the pages have been hacked and taken down or if there is some other reason. What I have tried doing is copying and pasting the address into a new browser addressbar. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

BlueHills,
    Thank you for letting me know that. I had forgotten there is a Law and Order and a CSI to suit every occasion. LOL I will definitely watch to see what happens. And I can tell you right now that if they try to turn these people who have worked so hard to keep peace and keep the borders covered at the same time into some sort of nut jobs I will make more noise than I have ever made before on behalf of the MinuteMen. I'll start with my local station and go all the way up to the network executives, who are probably Jewish Americans who don't want to pay for the illegals' free ride, either.

However, I must say that I have seen most shows such as we are discussing as putting two sides of a coin on the line and letting the public draw their own conclusion. For example, the one where the woman was trying to sue the gov't for her brother's death in Iraq. Both sides were admirably demonstrated and the outcome was realistic even if it wasn't what everyone would want to see happen. (Boston Legal) There have also been many Law and Order shows where both sides of a battle were given equal time. I agree with you that program makers are making a deliberate attempt to expose certain things but I think they look at both sides of the issue in the process. Plus, I think that if they didn't incorporate some of this stuff into TV dramas that 98% of the couch potatoes wouldn't even have a clue what was going on in the world. But that is just me.

There are very few programs I deem worthy of my attention these days, that is for sure.

God help them if they rake the Minute Men over the coals, though!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!!! THAT is my PROGRAM!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie, believe it or not I have never seen that show. I hear a lot about it and understand it is quite entertaining but I prefer William Shatner as Denny Crane and James Spader as the renegade lawyer. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I tried to watch the very first episode and thought that it was just going to be TOO confusing so I stopped watching it. But, I kept hearing other people talk about how they were HOOKED on it. So, toward the end of the first season, I started taping it. My neighbor tried to bring me up to date about what I had missed but, until I finally got to watch all of the reruns, I was still a little lost. Now, I wouldn't miss it. It is just SO FUNNY!

I guess it's because hubby more or less comandeers the remote. But I will go into the bedroom to watch Boston Legal if he ever decides we don't want that. I used to watch NYPD Blue in the bedroom because he wasn't fond of it. LOL

Well--I had FORGOTTEN about that little snag in a relationship. That's a reason to be glad I'm a widow now! That's not meant to be ugly but I try to look for the POSITIVE things and that sure beats watching old John Wayne movies!!!

Bootsie, I hear you, And I dread the day I get control of the remote. He might be a knight in dented armor but he's MY knight in dented armor til death do us part. And most of the time I just come play on line with my political friends so we can debate or support each other as the situation warrents. I love these boards!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast