Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is the MinutemanHQ dead in the water?

I have visited both sites and there hasn't been any activity (as far as news reports) or updates!

The last I have heard of the minutemen and Jim Gilchrist is when they had stopped into my hometown (Sacramento).

Did any of you notice the non-coverage by the news corps (even FOX News) of the minuteman project. Where was Sean Hannity when the project was going on? I did not see one report by him at all.

I'll tell you, Sean is Republican to a fault!

Re: Is the MinutemanHQ dead in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Ssnick
    I have visited both sites and there hasn't been any activity (as far as news reports) or updates!

The last I have heard of the minutemen and Jim Gilchrist is when they had stopped into my hometown (Sacramento).

Did any of you notice the non-coverage by the news corps (even FOX News) of the minuteman project. Where was Sean Hannity when the project was going on? I did not see one report by him at all.

I'll tell you, Sean is Republican to a fault!
    Oh no it is live and well, just a lot of work being done off the Site. I have noticed it get updated once or twice a week.

As for the News Agencies. They Don't cover important stories in the United States. There getting more Liberal every day. They concentrate on one story of one person that has been missing for a while and don't cover other hundreds of Missing Americans. Not mentioning name here of Course.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

As far as it looks to me, Minuteman Headquarters are way ahead of GWB in the polls. Way ahead !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Where was Sean Hannity when the project was going on? I did not see one report by him at all.
    If your talking about the October watch that just happened, Hannity spent a week on the border.

I've noticed that since MMHQ set up the blogs, the site has either been slow or won't come up at all.

I've gotten three appeals for money from Jim Gilchrist in the last week. Maybe he's just tied up in his campaign???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I get constant appeals for money from Jim Gilchrist as well.

I also get e-mail from the MM HQ from time to time and they want money to further their cause. I found it quite offensive that they demanded fifty bucks to let people help them out.

There is also a CA MM project that sends out messages wanting money and volunteers. There is a TX MM Project wanting money and volunteers. New Mexico has a thing of their own. Simcox and that original Minute Man project has changed their name and are still in Tombstone, AZ.

Apparently, there are several different groups now with the same goal but they don't communicate with one another. I was under the impression taht The Simcox group didn't have that much of a part in the recent October border patrol. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I got so confused what with all the different people writing for money and for help that I couldn't figure out which way to turn and they were right here in my area. It made me a bit angry, to be honest.

The project was covered by local news here. In fact KDBC 4 has a reporter and camera man who went out on the border with them and filmed one night. They didn't run that segment on the news until after the project was done but the news reporter said she learned a lot.

Now we have LULAC organizing high school kids in Las Cruces, NM to send food and blankets and such across the border to try to keep the people from crossing. I think that is a bad idea but you know LULAC, they have received so much flack for their anti-Americanism that they have to make it look like they are trying to help the Mexicans without harming America. I hate to be mean spirited but chances are, they are secretly smuggling in people under the ruse of "helping."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MMP is grass roots supported. You have to get involved to know what's up, similar to your public meetings in your own cities, counties and states. Reading a few things on the site and trying to participate solely from that perspective will earn you the same amount of interest and feedback that you get by not attending your city council meetings. That means, it marches on at the direction of those who do participate. Unlike the government entities though, MMP does not have the ability to reach out and tax the crap out of everyone to support the activities set in motion by the powers in charge. So MMP must ask for donations. I don't know how you can be so critical of this in light of the taxes forced upon you by your government, and the failure of people to take the time to control it. So I understand a little that people complain about taxation as it is involuntary to a degree. But MMP is strictly voluntary tithing, and has been begging for personal involvement as well, unlike your public entities who schedule nearly every public meeting during workday hours and limit your input to a paltry 3 minutes or so.
    So give of your time, or give of your money, or both, but lip service is already in plentiful supply from our opposition. If you are dissatisfied with the progress or the results, help us find a better way. We also need talents, and we will not restrict your involvement to a mere minute, and then tax you for an eternity to pay for it.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Is this directed towards me?

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola
    MMP is grass roots supported. You have to get involved to know what's up, similar to your public meetings in your own cities, counties and states. Reading a few things on the site and trying to participate solely from that perspective will earn you the same amount of interest and feedback that you get by not attending your city council meetings. That means, it marches on at the direction of those who do participate. Unlike the government entities though, MMP does not have the ability to reach out and tax the crap out of everyone to support the activities set in motion by the powers in charge. So MMP must ask for donations. I don't know how you can be so critical of this in light of the taxes forced upon you by your government, and the failure of people to take the time to control it. So I understand a little that people complain about taxation as it is involuntary to a degree. But MMP is strictly voluntary tithing, and has been begging for personal involvement as well, unlike your public entities who schedule nearly every public meeting during workday hours and limit your input to a paltry 3 minutes or so.
    So give of your time, or give of your money, or both, but lip service is already in plentiful supply from our opposition. If you are dissatisfied with the progress or the results, help us find a better way. We also need talents, and we will not restrict your involvement to a mere minute, and then tax you for an eternity to pay for it.
    Dude! I just wanted to know why the HQ was stagnate lately. I've been reading more news reports off of ALIPAC (fantastically so!) then on the MinutemanHQ!

My personal involvement with the Minutemen are donations, word of mouth, CA Border Police Petitions and a rally at the CA State Capital.

I have also visited my House Representative Dan Lungren three times this summer at town hall meetings trying to pressure him to increase the border patrol and to kill CAFTA.

So, AyatollaGondola! I have one message for you. GET OFF DEES' NUTS BEFORE YOU HURT YOURSELF!

Junius--I have had the same outpouring of mail from both as well. And, I have felt the same way you feel so don't feel badly about it. I realize the groups need financial support but so do many others. We can't contribute to every one. And, what I found offensive was the LARGE amounts they were asking for and it was like they EXPECTED it. If they had had a place for a $10 or $25 donation, I might have been able to swing that but to start out higher than that just landed it in the trash. And, the ones from Jim Gilchrist and his started at $50 but there was a place for $25. I just can't afford to send money to every person who runs for every office. If he was representing MY district, I would send a little but not for California.

Speaking of that anyway--I have never gotten some of the junk mail begging for money like those of you who are affiliated with some party but, probably because of those surveys I've filled out on the Republican sites, now I'm getting those. But, not from the RNC. Today--get this--I got one from some woman named Dr. Alexandria Coronado from WASHINGTON, DC--Republican for Congress. Her letter says she got my name off of a list of people who have helped Conservative causes in the past. She is hispanic. So, I toss it BUT, as I was tossing it, I noticed the sheet where you fill out how much money you are going to send her and it started out at $4200!!! It did finally go DOWN to $25 but it took awhile!! What REALLY ticked me off is I read 5 pages of the junk she sent and I have YET to find out where the woman even LIVES.

I do the best I can to support the causes or the people that are important to me and that's about all I can do so don't feel bad, Junius. I have sent a contribution to the MinuteMen once.

I realize people need to raise money for campaigns but it takes SOME NERVE to beg for money from people that are not even in a district you would be representing. SAVE, DON'T SPEND!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

According to a thread on the http://www.saveourstate.org site, theres going to be an episode on some schlock TV show on NBC that alleges that the Minutemen are murderers because of the deaths of some illegal immigrants being smuggled across the border. This has got to be a new low in liberal media propaganda. (Someone suggested the Minutemen sue the bastards for libel and defamation, and I agree.)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast