Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mixed Messages...Please help me out here

I was in Target today. Now, keep in mind that I now live in a city that has virtually no illegal aliens, and about 99% of the 63,000 people living here speak English as their first language. In other words (I'm trying to be PC here), there are virtually no Latinos here.

But you know what? As I was looking for shampoo, I noticed that every single "Pantene" product had the labels on their bottles written in both English and Spanish. Now, granted, the English version was on top and the Spanish on the bottom, but the Spanish was in LARGER PRINT.

So it made me wonder...how do all the illegals here process all these mixed messages? On the one hand, they have the majority of Americans against their illegal presence here...the Bush scamnesty bill was voted down (twice) and city after city is enacting legislation to deter illegal immigration.

But when banks offer them credit cards, companies offer them jobs, publishers publish magazines and books in Spanish, manufacturers print all the labels on their products in English AND Spanish, and government agencies provide all their forms in Spanish...HOW do they really get the message enforced that we do not want them here?

These whore-mongering companies that smell money just make me sick. They undermine everything the American people are trying to do. As we fight every single day to stop illegal immigration, corporations and employers just dangle the carrots!!!

I think we need to pay mroe attention to this aspect of illegal immigration. So I sent an angry email to Procter & Gamble (maker of Pantene products) and told them how I feel.

I'm going to attach a link below that takes you directly to a page where you can email them. If you don't mind, will you back me up and send an email as well? I'd like to flood them with emails, if possible.

Thanks!
    http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cf...nduser/ask.php
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    P & G has always been about its service to people . I find it hard to believe that its anything other then falling in line with the rest of the would to serve the countries that speak Spanish. I think it would cost them way to much to make a label just in English the for the ones they ship out make a foreign one.

Im all for P&G My family has stock and so do I share in a small way with that investment. I don’t believe that most places are intending to sell the product just to illegals because of the labels . Now I catch your point on the mix messages and I tend to think that the store should be held responsible to the public on the message stores send …
    Its not a problem that will go away over night Greed takes along time to get over.

Okay, Greg. Fair enough. So explain to me why the Spanish was in larger print???

I don't know. I think that if you're selling products to Americans, you nix the foreign languages on the packaging.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Personally, I am offended.

Due to the illegal immigration problem, the presence of Spanish on a label hits a sore spot with many of us. It speaks of pandering, even though it might not be.

While we own very little stock, just a little in a mutual fund, I am sure we all have stock in companies who hire, pander and support the illegal movement.

We are going to have to make a choice one of these days - or it will be made for us. That's the long and short of it.

Actually, I haven't seen any shampoo in both languages - maybe your shipment got mixed up with that intended for Texas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dear, it's not just Proctor and Gamble that promotes the Spanish language in the United States. Many other large corporations like, Clorox, Colgate-Palmolive are doing so as well. I agree this practice makes illegals feel extremely welcomed by corporate America. Either Corporate America hasn't gotten the message from us or they simply refuse to listen. However, I believe OUR message to the illegal population AND the elites in Washington has been perfectly clear. And That's the message that will count in the end.

Of course I will join you in your email campaign to Proctor and Gamble as I hope many others will. We have to fight this from any and every angle we can think of.

Thanks florgal. That's all I ask. Hold P&G accountable for very bad judgment. And yes, I know they aren't the only one's doing this, but we have to start somewhere.

As long as we continue to buy their products, they will continue what they are doing.

We can rant, rave, complain, threaten to our heart's content and these corporations will continue to pander and hire illegals - until we withdraw our monetary support from them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All this seems to have happened in the last few months. Virtually everthing you see in Wal-Mart now has Spanish on it. I know several products that until just recently were in English only.

Could be, I haven't bought anything like that in Wal Mart for a very long time. I had better go buy a bunch from my Dollar General so I won't raise my blood pressure everytime I shampoo my hair.

They say the Indians used the yucca plant for shampoo. We do have some of those around here -wonder if they can be stockpiled for the winter months?

As long as we continue to buy their products, they will continue what they are doing.

You're correct. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to FIND a product on store shelves that is 1. Made in America 2. English ONLY on the label 3. From a company you feel confident employs only legal workers.

Sometimes I wonder WHEN (not if) the language(s) of middle eastern countries will become a part of consumer product labeling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast