Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Here is the reply I received from P&G. I posted the email I sent them earlier in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting us about the languages on our packaging.

Many of our products include English with other languages on the package, because those products are available in a variety of countries. We're a global company, and we provide quality products that improve the lives of people in many corners of the world. While we recognize English as the primary language in the United States, we do our best to communicate our product messages to Spanish, French and English speaking people in North America. We believe everyone deserves the necessary information to use our products correctly. We're sorry you disagree, and I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Nancy
    Pantene Team
    See I still think something is not right. I mean isn't American Girl closer to Canada than Mexico? How come her bottle does not have English/French on the label. I am going to send an Email.
    Exactly!! I live in Wisconsin...couldn't get much further from Mexico. But there was NO French on the Pantene products. "Nancy" is full of ****. I got basically the same response to my email.

Nouveax....you're absolutely right!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, Greg. Fair enough. So explain to me why the Spanish was in larger print???

I don't know. I think that if you're selling products to Americans, you nix the foreign languages on the packaging.
    agreed
    Who do the stores serve first!!! Who does P and G care about most... ill bet they sell more over seas then they do here .
    PVs web site says right at the top for America and Porto Rico Only.
    We just bought a Canon digit video recorder/ cam...
    the box was all English, but the instructions were in 7 different ,,,,
    English smallest and first. Procter and Gamble started out as USA all the way but today I think they sell all over the world. Most foreign countries think and want to buy stuff made in that home country but to buy America is better. .
    aren’t most soaps made in the USA anyway.?

The Brothers in-laws have made stuff in this country for as long as back before the civil war but became malti national corporation the 1930's

I want in this country, especially the companies in this country that began n this country to be American, stay American and never leave America,
    Ever notice the side of a Pringles can doesn’t have and other language nether does the soaps in my home I think the shampoo you where looking at was just a fluke that cheap stuff is wash off of other soaps and gets old all over for twice what its worth. Ivory soap is still all English All American and still floats .America may have sold some of its stuff to make a buck but if we all stick to gather we can help keep America in America. Lets look at this in the England point of view ,are the products that P&G send to England and other countries like that, in English only... I bet they are.
    Go to the http://pantene.com/jsp/global_splash/in ... howall=yes
    and check it out. they offer it it all kind of languages…Its made here and stays here but I think one of its founders Danilo,was most American or at least almost human.

I would never defend selling out America. I probly got a billion questions that I would love P&G to answer but It will never happen. they are so secret it is unreal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Here is the reply I received from P&G. I posted the email I sent them earlier in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting us about the languages on our packaging.

Many of our products include English with other languages on the package, because those products are available in a variety of countries. We're a global company, and we provide quality products that improve the lives of people in many corners of the world. While we recognize English as the primary language in the United States, we do our best to communicate our product messages to Spanish, French and English speaking people in North America. We believe everyone deserves the necessary information to use our products correctly. We're sorry you disagree, and I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Nancy
    Pantene Team
    See I still think something is not right. I mean isn't American Girl closer to Canada than Mexico? How come her bottle does not have English/French on the label. I am going to send an Email.
    Exactly!! I live in Wisconsin...couldn't get much further from Mexico. But there was NO French on the Pantene products. "Nancy" is full of ****. I got basically the same response to my email.

Nouveax....you're absolutely right!!

Go to the web site they offer in french and English to Canada or so they say they do ???

Actually, I have seen and bought products labelled only in Spanish - and not just recently.

I assumed, and think I am right, that these products were meant for sale in Mexico, but either was surplus or just got shipped to the wrong area. That didn't really bother me. At the time, it didn't seem like pandering, and I don't think it was. Now, however, I guess I would be upset.

Maybe we should all look for any with instructions only in English - and let the English/Spanish set on the shelves for a while.

I think that's what I'll do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Actually, I have seen and bought products labelled only in Spanish - and not just recently.

I assumed, and think I am right, that these products were meant for sale in Mexico, but either was surplus or just got shipped to the wrong area. That didn't really bother me. At the time, it didn't seem like pandering, and I don't think it was. Now, however, I guess I would be upset.

Maybe we should all look for any with instructions only in English - and let the English/Spanish set on the shelves for a while.

I think that's what I'll do.

I agree you can buy all of P&Gs stuff in English only.. just got to look for it

This isnt funny but i bet you can buy it in the country of spain in English
    my wife says dawn strted to post other stuff in spanish but its not the same stuff.

Banned
    I think with the power that alipac has these days we can get P and G to change the stuff sold in American stores
    to English only

Offer a test
    put both in the stores and see which one goes first, fastest, and longest.
    Id bet my stock that we would win ....

It is possible Alipac could do something about it - but it would be a lot of effort for nothing more than a feel good victory.

It won't send one illegal immigrant home, it won't put one corrupt politician out of office, it won't put one more BP agent on the border, and it won't build one foot of that fence.

I do understand the frustration, but we get all upset and make calls and write letters, etc., about things that only bring us some emotional satisfaction. That's not a small thing and we need that sometimes - but it is not even a skirmish in this war.

Sorry, I feel grouchy today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I see this all over, especially in the hospital where I work - all the signs are in English and Spanish - BUT not in German, French, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Swahili, you name it - even though we have patients and employees from all of those places! Really pisses me off! How the hell did the hispanics get to be the only ones who get privileges they don't deserve? Unless they put everything in ALL appropriate languages, it's not right.

I'm sick to death of all the products with English and Spanish - but, it's hard to find anything without that! Sometimes, I get instructions with something, and they do include French as well.

Write a sticky-note and leave it with the product explaining why you won't purchase. I bet if these started showing up nationwide at Wal-Marts then it would get some attention, besides the next person to walk up will see the note!

The first letter I ever wrote was to Kraft Foods because of their Spanish labeling on Knudsen's Sour Cream. I received a reply that made me even madder than the sour cream carton. Kraft said that due to the changing demographics and multicultural diversity...blah, blah, blah. But it was the last line that REALLY got me. "We would invite you to celebrate our country's growing ethnic diversity"!!!! I can't repeat what I wrote back ...but I'm still waiting for someone to knock on my door!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123