Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I noticed the same thing with pantene in my local grocery a few years ago! There has been times when spanish is the ONLY language on the label of the Pantene.Sunsilk is the same way in my local stores!The bottles are in both languages or just spanish,never just english.I stopped buying it 2-3 years ago
    (Pantene) because of that.I don't buy any product with dual language and there are a lot showing up in my grocery-Pillsbury cookies,frozen dinners and bagels,I could go on.
    It is not easy finding products without pandering on them,I decided long ago that it might not make a difference to a company for me not to buy from them but it makes a difference to me and thats all that matters.
    Americangirl-I will let them know how I feel as well.

I just sent this:

Why are so many of your shampoo labels printed in both Spanish and English? And why is the Spanish print larger than the English print? This is the Unites States of America. People who live here need to learn English.

Furthermore, by printing labels in Spanish you are contributing to the "mixed signals" being sent to illegal aliens. Printing labels in Spanish tells Spanish-speaking illegals that they are welcome here, while American citizens clearly do not feel this way.

If I continue to see this trend in your labeling, I will no longer buy your products.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Re: Mixed Messages...Please help me out here

I started noticing the spanish and english on products years ago. Maybe the late 90's or earlier. It didn't really faze me. Yeah it must confuse the illegals.
    Makes me also think big business has been planning the NAU for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    ..But you know what? As I was looking for shampoo, I noticed that every single "Pantene" product had the labels on their bottles written in both English and Spanish. Now, granted, the English version was on top and the Spanish on the bottom, but the Spanish was in LARGER PRINT...
    So it made me wonder...how do all the illegals here process all these mixed messages? http://pg.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pg.cf...nduser/ask.php

They only started showing just recently in Tennessee, within the last 1-2 years and it seems like a flood in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    They only started showing just recently in Tennessee, within the last 1-2 years and it seems like a flood in recent months.
    I guess that means they plan to invade your area next.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The press one for English stuff started here in Texas after the 86 amnesty. The bi-lingual printing is more recent.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the reply I received from P&G. I posted the email I sent them earlier in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting us about the languages on our packaging.

Many of our products include English with other languages on the package, because those products are available in a variety of countries. We're a global company, and we provide quality products that improve the lives of people in many corners of the world. While we recognize English as the primary language in the United States, we do our best to communicate our product messages to Spanish, French and English speaking people in North America. We believe everyone deserves the necessary information to use our products correctly. We're sorry you disagree, and I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Nancy
    Pantene Team
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Here is the reply I received from P&G. I posted the email I sent them earlier in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting us about the languages on our packaging.

Many of our products include English with other languages on the package, because those products are available in a variety of countries. We're a global company, and we provide quality products that improve the lives of people in many corners of the world. While we recognize English as the primary language in the United States, we do our best to communicate our product messages to Spanish, French and English speaking people in North America. We believe everyone deserves the necessary information to use our products correctly. We're sorry you disagree, and I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Nancy
    Pantene Team
    See I still think something is not right. I mean isn't American Girl closer to Canada than Mexico? How come her bottle does not have English/French on the label. I am going to send an Email.

P&G is no longer a "good old American company". It outsources alot of jobs to several Latin-American countries. And from these countries, they fly employees here 1st class and set them up in luxurious hotel suites, and book them for several weeks to "do the work Americans don't want to do". They give classes in computer areas of management and training.
    And alot of advertising for employment at P&G are in Latin-American newspapers.
    I know, because an inlaw of mine worked for them. If she had worked in the U.S. she would have been qualified to make 75,000 or more. Instead, she made around 30,000, which is great for someone living in that country.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

With Americangirl's indulgence, I'd like to glom on to her post about mixed messages.

When a citizen of another country illegally crosses our border, obtains either false or stolen identification, becomes employed, and uses our medical facilities, they are well aware that their citizenship status is known to all. Yet these offenses are tolerated and go unpunished. They are able to generally function in our society just as one who has complied with immigration laws.

How do they know where the line is drawn? Perhaps they should have the expectation that illegally operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, with no license or registration, etc. will be tolerated as well.

Every day we read, and post, the news stories of serious crimes committed by illegal immigrants and express our outrage over them. It seems that many simply graduate to more serious offenses after having the lesser ones go unprosecuted.

Our society cannot function under a rule of selective prosecution. The result is that there is no respect for any law and rightful indignation when a person is singled out for prosecution while other offenders go unpunished. We must get back to a point where all our laws are upheld by those responsible at every level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast