Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ahh people, let's face it. The Liberal media will push for a Hilary-Giuliani race and both will talk more about the Iraq war than about the immigration/border security crisis sothey don't hurt the hispanic vote. I really hope I'm wrong, but not surprised if that would happen.

Richardson is not our man.

BRIT HUME, FOX NEWS: With an estimated 8.7 million illegal immigrants living here in this country, question: Should the immigration laws be tightened? And is a guest-worker program part of the answer?

RICHARDSON: I think the president proposed a step in the right direction. What he has said is there should be a guest-worker program for three years. You re-apply. You go back.
    I would go one step further. I think what is also needed is some clear path toward some type of legal status, legalization.We have an immigration system that's broken. We have 10 million illegal immigrants in America, 25 percent in the last two years.
    So if you have an earned legalization program that has benchmarks of law-abidingness, that has benchmarks of working hard, and you combine it with tough law enforcement, more border guards, a crackdown on illegal smuggling, better detection of those that overstay their visas, stolen/lost passports — what is needed is a comprehensive immigration reform, not piecemeal, punitive measures.
    HUME: Well, wait a minute. But a guest-worker would be a legal resident, correct?RICHARDSON: That's right. That's right.
    HUME: So that takes care of part of what you're talking about?
    RICHARDSON: Yes, it does. And my only point there, Brit, is I think the president's made a good start.What I would do and what I think makes sense is there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel so these immigrants come out of the shadows. And that means a clear path toward some kind of legal status.Because under the guest-worker program, they have to re-apply every three years. They go back and forth.
    My point is that there's already a number of workers here that are law-abiding. There's some that are not. And I think there has to be a better tracking system to establish giving an orderly legal flow instead of what we have now: a disorderly illegal flow.
    HUME: Just one final question to you before I turn to Speaker Gingrich.
    When you talk about some legal status or legalization, are you talking ultimately about a path to citizenship?
    RICHARDSON: I'm talking about a green card, a path to citizenship.
    I'm not for amnesty. I'm not for blanket amnesty.
    But eventually if you define citizenship as a green card, an ability to stay — I think we need better family reunification measures...
    HUME: All right.
    RICHARDSON: The answer is yes.HUME: All right.
    , it.
    HUME: Governor?
    RICHARDSON: Well, I disagree with the speaker on that, although he made some earlier good points. I also disagree about sealing off the border.I'm a governor. What we don't want in the states is a bunch of unfunded mandates. Who's going to seal the border? The National Guard? They're in Iraq. We have very limited resources.
    What we do need, I believe, is, when we're talking about stronger border enforcement, let's just do it.

I think Mexico needs to do more. You know, Mexico gets a pass. Mexico, they're our friends, and we're working together. We did NAFTA together. But Mexico needs to help us rein in the number of illegals that come in into our country. There is never enough pressure pressed on them.
    HUME: Let me get back for a moment to the president's measure, which you seem to think is a first step. You would support — or would you? — its passage, in Congress?
    RICHARDSON: Yes, I would.
    I would go one step further. Their earned legalization, leading perhaps to a citizenship pass, I would support it. I would support it with comprehensive reform that reunites families, that creates an orderly flow.
    RICHARDSON: I think we are concerned about terrorism coming across, although we should recognize, most of these immigrants are workers; they're not terrorists.
    Let me go a step further. This governor and every governor should be filing a bill in Washington for all of the education, health and prison costs of illegals in their state, because the federal government has failed. This is not the states' problem. The federal government has failed, and these state and local communities shouldn't be bearing the burden of that failure.

I also believe we ought to have a 72-hour deportation for illegals, because you want to make it very easy to get rid of illegals while you're making it very easy to be legal. That balance, I think, would dramatically change the landscape.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151631,00.html

Bill Richardson on Immigration
    Democratic NM Governor

Declared state of emergency on Mexican border

In Aug. 2005, Gov. Richardson declared a state of emergency on the New Mexico-Mexico border to ensure that law enforcement officers received the resources they need. He made $1.75 million in state funds immediately available to assist efforts in policing the border. New Mexico then agreed to allow the National Guard to deploy to the border. New Mexico is still waiting on the Federal government to fulfill their commitment to send 265 Border Patrol agents to the New Mexico-Mexico border.
    Source: Campaign website, billrichardson2006.com, "Issues" Nov 7, 2006

Path to legalization if illegals pay taxes & learn English
    Gov. Richardson believes we can strengthen our borders and still deal fairly with those who want nothing but the American dream. The only realistic solution is to create a path to legalization for immigrants who are paying taxes, learning English, and contributing to our society. He also believes that the US must engage Mexico and build up its border economy to make a better life possible for Mexicans in Mexico. Also, a plan to crack down on employers who knowingly violate the law is imperative. Source: Campaign website, billrichardson2006.com, "Issues" Nov 7, 2006

Reduce immigration; no automatic citizenship for kids Indicate which principles you support regarding issues relating to immigration.
    Further limit the number of immigrants allowed into the country.
    Children of illegal immigrants, born in the United States, should not automatically receive US citizenship. Source: 1996 Congressional National Political Awareness Test Nov 1, 1996

Guarantee human services to illegal immigrants
    Indicate which principles you support regarding issues relating to immigration.
    Prohibit states from passing laws that deny human services (medical care, education) to illegal immigrants or their children.
    Ease citizenship requirements in order to make it easier for immigrants to become United States citizens.
    Provide extra federal aid to states with higher numbers of immigrants for necessary medical and social services.

He wants to straddle the fence and secure votes from pro-illegal immigrants and those against illegal immigration. He is either for us or against us. And it looks like his benefits for illegals far outweigh his benefits for American citizens. so,
    NO TO BILL RICHARDSON.

I support all three in their pursuit for the Whitehouse. I want one of these men in the Whitehouse.
    How about one of these leaders in the oval office, and the other two in other extremely important appointed positions of next administration's? Let us hope that in the long run they will understand the importance of joining together in order to get the job done. I think someone else already suggested it. My greatest hope would be for these true American leaders to agree to work together for the sake of the American people. We need to ask them to do that......NO!! We need to beg them to do that.

Chloe, thanks for this thread and for posting Ron Paul's words for us all to read.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We could also surf the net, from city to city, go to the local papers and press and send in opinions and editorials to get people more fimiliar with his name and agenda.
    ------------------------

It wasn't Bob Dole's age that held him back, he just didn't appeal to anyone. Someone with something fresh to say who isn't percieved as part of the corrupt log-jam in Washington might get some disillusioned conservatives off their arses.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    It wasn't Bob Dole's age that held him back, he just didn't appeal to anyone. Someone with something fresh to say who isn't percieved as part of the corrupt log-jam in Washington might get some disillusioned conservatives off their arses.
    Whenever I think of Bob Dole today, I am reminded of an exchange he had with Pat Buchanan during the '96 debates. He said, "Build a wall around America? You hav'in a bad day, Pat?" Nice spin, but nobody would get away with that today. McShame and Giuliani will have to sit there and take their beating on immigration. It took over a decade, but most Americans realise Pat was 100% right. Just watch. Tom, Duncan, and Ron are going to murder McShame and Giuliani in the debates, and IMO energize the base.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    We could also surf the net, from city to city, go to the local papers and press and send in opinions and editorials to get people more fimiliar with his name and agenda.

That's exactly what I had in mind too. Although Paul's campaign people did request that the first step we should take is to email 10 or more friends/family info about Ron Paul, and ask them to forward it to 10 other people as well.

As a suggestion, I also included links to his speeches on YouTube, as well as his mySpace page.

I'm beginning to feel confidnt about Ron Paul's potential because he's got a great following with the 9-11 truth movement, the Alex Jones crowd, and Hollywood director Aaron Russo who did America: Freedom To Facism in which Ron Paul was interviewed. I believe there are also a growing number of Hollywood actors as well. These are people who are media saavy so that should hopefully be a boost to his campaign.

Children of illegal immigrants, born in the United States, should not automatically receive US citizenship

We are all children of some one who came to the U.S. one way or another.
    <div align="center">"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you,"
    </div>

<u><div align="center"><u>WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG</u></div></u>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWBREED
    Children of illegal immigrants, born in the United States, should not automatically receive US citizenship

We are all children of some one who came to the U.S. one way or another.
    Everyone everywhere is the offspring of someone who came somewhere from somewhere. What the hell was your comment supposed to mean relative to this debate? There are laws, there is sovereignty, and there are aliens who have no right to cross our borders without permission.

Excellent CrocketsGhost

How about this: we all came from a one celled amoeba that was on an asteroid that crashed on Earth from a black hole in a different galaxy ten trillion of years ago. [/quote]
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456