Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Most Want to See Clinton, Trump Tax Returns, Medical Records

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 09-03-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

MSNBC says it has Trump's 2005 tax returns

Maddow said she would reveal Trump's returns on her show at 9 p.m. EDT. (3/14/17)
    NO AMNESTY

I think all candidates should release their tax records.

I really think all congresspersons and top management of bureaus should release theirs, every year.

As far as medical records, I'm not sure about that, unless there might be something there that would affect their decision making.

Pres. Trump is 70 years old and kept up a pace during the campaign, I'm not sure a lot of 35 year olds could stand up to.

I'm 75, and I wouldn't have lasted a day.

Here we disagree. I don't think any candidate or office-holder should release their income tax returns. Primarily because I don't believe in income tax returns to begin with. I support the abolition of the income tax, passage of the FairTax, and eventual repeal of the 16th Amendment which turned our once free and sensible nation into a bevy of federal authoritarianism, poking around in people's personal lives and business affairs that are of no concern or business of a government. The FairTax is a tax on consumers without any mandates, without any invasion, expense, revelations, disclosures, paperwork, records, nothing. Retailers who collect have a little paperwork, a monthly one page state sales tax form that would now have 2 or 3 lines added to include the FairTax sums.

Otherwise, as citizens, we just shop til we drop and pay FairTax when we decide to buy something new or hire a service not for business purpose.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think that ABC is nothing but a propaganda machine. It appears that Trump paid about 25%, more than Obama and more than Romney. I think John McCain, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters and few others should start coughing them up.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Here we disagree. I don't think any candidate or office-holder should release their income tax returns. Primarily because I don't believe in income tax returns to begin with. I support the abolition of the income tax, passage of the FairTax, and eventual repeal of the 16th Amendment which turned our once free and sensible nation into a bevy of federal authoritarianism, poking around in people's personal lives and business affairs that are of no concern or business of a government. The FairTax is a tax on consumers without any mandates, without any invasion, expense, revelations, disclosures, paperwork, records, nothing. Retailers who collect have a little paperwork, a monthly one page state sales tax form that would now have 2 or 3 lines added to include the FairTax sums.

Otherwise, as citizens, we just shop til we drop and pay FairTax when we decide to buy something new or hire a service not for business purpose.
    Fairs tax - sans prebate - would be absolutely great and fair. Forgive me if I don't think our government will ever allow us to have that much control over our own lives and monies.

However, we simply must get a handle on all the graft and corruption and without knowing how these people make their money and how much they make, we are never going to be able to follow the trail.

There is a huge river of pay offs running through our government(s), federal and local and we have to find some way to trace it.

But, yes, I do think it is our business to know how our officials make their monies as long as they are confiscating and spending ours. The manner they use to confiscate it matters not, they are confiscating it. If they continue to do that, we have a right, and I think, duty to know just how they handle theirs.

I agree on the Rebate, I wouldn't sign up for it, but you have to remember the Rebate is the same thing as the personal deduction on the income tax, that's why they included it and it's a brilliant solution to equalize that advantage. For myself, I would rather see a lower rate of 20% or whatever it would work out to be, and not mess with the Rebate. It's voluntary so most would sign up for it but there's a lot of US who would prefer not to mess with it. 20% is also a lot easier to figure in your head when you're making a large purchase decision, new house or used house, new car or used car, etc. But I totally understand why they did it to offset the regressive nature of a sales tax, the same reason the income tax has personal and dependent deductions. It's fundamental purpose is to exempt essentials from taxation, same as the personal and dependent deductions on the income tax.

You also have to keep in mind that there are a lot more Democrats in the United States than Republicans, so Democrats love their free stuff and when they passed the income tax they wanted some stuff for free even then. I have no idea why food should be free of consumption tax or drugs or anything else. Think about how much tax money is spent by the government on food and drugs. If you don't tax it, how in the hell can you pay for it? Oh wait, we aren't paying for it. They're part of the reason we have $20 trillion in national debt.

So for Democrats, you need a Rebate to ever pass the bill. I've talked with Democrats about it, and their minds are just different on some things. They think it's fine for government to subsidize farmers and drug companies and hospitalization, but not to charge them tax on these things to pay for it. They'll never get it. It's a brain-washing that won't work itself out in our lifetimes, so I'm resigned to and accepting of the Rebate, because it puts the building blocks on their table the way they can make sense of the universe.

We're a pluralistic society, so our laws and systems have to work to sustain us in a way that a plurality understands it or we never have the laws and systems we need to Make America Great Again!
    Last edited by Judy; 03-15-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12