Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

attorneyatlaw welcome to Alipac
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, since teachers are not allowed to teach a religious preference, I don't think they should teach about sexual or political party preference either. Better to just stick to the books.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sic,

I have been having issues with teachers this year too. Around election time, I sent a not-nice letter to the 5th grade history teacher due to his lack of knowledge -- as in he had no idea anyone was running for election besides Obot and McSame. In the end, two letters pased back and forth between us, and my kids told me later on that he announced to the class that he had voted for Ron Paul. So I'm guessing I made some difference there.

Last week, the kids' music teacher was apparently playing Spanish music to the class. One notorious boy shouted "but we don't speak Spanish!" to which the teacher replied "Learn!"

I sent this "teacher" a scathing letter about advocating the indoctrination of my children into the foreign invasion scheme.

I have not yet heard back from him.

As for your situation, I would start with the teacher. I would call and leave a message for her to call you back as soon as conveniently possible.
    If that gets you nowhere, call the principal (or VP). The next step from there would be the school superintendant. Then it's the school board.
    Raise a fuss, and don't back down.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    Can you be more clear as to what the specific problem is? I think that would be more helpful for your arguing. With public education being what it is, educators have freedom to teach the state standards and if the teacher can show this through the assignment, you may be out of luck.
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

Welcome Attorneyatlaw.

My specific problem is I don't think this is right. It is not setting well with me at all. I have taken into consideration these points: MLK day just passed, Black History month, a new POTUS, and it being President's day soon. However, I don't remember a time that I was made to write presidential slogans for an assignment. Does that not strike anyone else odd? Given my intense fear and dislike of Obama's policies, I really have to try and keep myself in check so I don't go off half cocked on the school about this.

I'm not sure if I should wait for the Obama honeymoon to end and see what happens or go to the Principle now. I feel alone in this and I think I'd be hard pressed to find any other parents around here that would take my side. As we all know, my state has been lost to Obama, Obots are everywhere and I think I'd get little support. I think I am going to write a letter to the Principal so I can keep my words collected and well thought out. There is a chance that the principal is not aware of this and at least this will be a start. If it continues, I know my kids will tell me because naturally thier allegiance is with me, then I will take another plan of action. I will also mention this to thier teachers in one way or another-maybe give them a copy of the letter I send to thier principal.

When I was younger, in elementary school...and yes before anyone asks, I do remember first and second grade, I remember it like it was yesterday, I can even remember this little punk I pushed off the slide during recess LOL..Anyways, when I was younger we learned about the presidents like Abe,Washington,Teddy, we never learned about the current presidents. Back then we also got school days off on Abe's birthday, and on holidays like Martin Luther King day. These days, schools stay open. America is losing all of it's national culture and holidays and for what? I often wonder if the reason why children in Japan or the UK that attend public schools are so much smarter then our public school kids is because they have teachers who dont sit there and feed the kids a bunch of crap, and they teach them things that really matter, like their countrie's culture and they actually attend to the students when they need help with something. I remember in high school when I was a junior, they placed me in a public school that was supposed to be good, it was a nice preppy school but the teachers were CRAP. I remember this one really irritating teacher who sat there at her desk, or walked around the class room eyeing everyone and not helping and she would make you keep your hand raised for a good 20 minutes at least, and by the time she got to you for help, the bell would ring. I often wonder, about that stereotype that Japanese kids are smart, I think it's because over in Japan the education system is a huuuuuuge honorable thing or w/e, I know that instead of having government officials on all their money they have some educational people...I think the teacher's over there are really good. Alot of parents send their students on foriegn exchange to Japan these days for a better high school education, some send their kids to Europe for it. I dont blame them one bit either.

When all is said and done, at the end of the day, you should consider homeschooling your kids. The Obama worship is simply the nature of this beast we call modern education. The entire K-12 curriculum is geared toward the lowest common denominator via No Child Left Behind (funded and crafted by politicians in D.C.). Consider the political leanings of the NEA, for example, and combine that with the Department of Education. I think the fruits of this union are pretty clear to all.

If your children show any natural aptitude or interest in a given topic, expect that curiosity to be drilled out of them through years of standardized, politically-motivated tests. Good teachers are stifled through micromanaging "administrators". Lack of curriculum coherence leaves students wondering why they should learn what their instructors say they should learn, and since the instructors can seldom explain why such topics matter, malaise is the word.

Ultimately, today's schools are simply not a good place to grow up anymore. Even the "better social skills" argument against homeschooling is not that convincing when you consider what sort of social skills an average kid picks up these days.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

In elementary school days (a long time ago) my most important thing was being the champion of eraser tag. At recess, I won a few dodge-ball games, and was taught to spell, read and count money. I am sure I did not know who was the president, nor did I understand what the presidency meant. That came in middle school and high school.
    This is sheer insanity and, besides public officials, perhaps those that write the curricula for public schools should also undergo psychological exams. Politics and personality cults have no business being in any classroom.

April
    If you have not donated yet, please do!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-145650.html

Re: My 1st & 2nd graders are being indoctrinated for Oba

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    There is a new Librarian at my kids school. This week BOTH my 1st and 2nd grade kids came home with thier "Obama projects". On Wednesday my 2nd grade son came home with his "Obama word search" and informed me that they were read a book about Obama's life story. He told me there is also other books and pictures around the library of him. The owrd search had words like "black", "white", "hope", "courage", "love"....

The next day my 1st grade daughter came home with a piece of paper that she was made to write "Yes We Can" on it. She also had to endure the life story book.

I was really taken aback at how furious this made me. My first thought was "they are trying to indoctrinate my kids!"

I don't ever remember being made to recite presidential slogans when I was in school! I understand President's day is coming up, but I thought it was to celebrate the birthdays of Washington and Lincoln.

I'm not sure if I should talk to the kid's teachers first or the principal or all of them. I wondered how many other parents are bothered by this, if any. Am I overreacting to this? Is my anger out of line? I am torn between really hammering them for this or just waiting for the honeymoon phase to die down. This is an otherwise excellent public elementary school and I have had no issues until now.

Not all of us here in CA are liberal democrats and I am really offended that this Obot in the library cant' seem to curb her enthusiasm for a man that has done nothing great except move into the White House. This whole hero worship just gets more nauseating by the day and I'm tired of it already....
    As a former teacher, it certain wouldn't hurt to talk to the principal; however if I were the librarian/teacher (remember I am a lawyer and have to think of what both sides will argue), the instructor may state (1) they were learning about our president (the democratic process is instrumental to education), (2) they were learning about biographies/autobiographies, (3) vocabulary words relating to a recent historical event/democracy, (4) slogans used by candidates in a democracy. These are just a few without even knowing all of the elementary school standards. You may get a principal who is sympathetic to parents needs/demands and it may be worth your while. You may also get the principal who supports the teacher as long as they are teaching the standards. I had both types of principals when I was teaching and your argument could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    In elementary school days (a long time ago) my most important thing was being the champion of eraser tag. At recess, I won a few dodge-ball games, and was taught to spell, read and count money. I am sure I did not know who was the president, nor did I understand what the presidency meant. That came in middle school and high school.
    This is sheer insanity and, besides public officials, perhaps those that write the curricula for public schools should also undergo psychological exams. Politics and personality cults have no business being in any classroom.
    I was always entitled to my academic freedom when I taught and mad sure to tell my principal this when parents complained about my loyalties to any political argument. Politics certainly do have a place in our classrooms; i.e. teaching of political parties, the democratic process. Courts have held this to be so sacred that even non U.S. citizens have been denied teaching positions based on the fact that they are not as familiar with the democratic process as American citizens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast