Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What these people fail to see is that many illegal aliens crossing the border never intend to work in this country. Due to the free benefits we hand out like candy, many of them have an entitlement mentality. Also, so many of them live here now, in their own communities, speaking their own language, have their own grocery stores, etc. etc. that there is no reason to think the rest of their country wouldn't come on over if the borders were open.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Although there are CAPS fans with their own unique interpretation of statics I think 17 million for Mexicans in the United States would include people whose families migrated generations ago.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Holy Moly, this guy says he's studied a great deal on this?
    If we simply open our borders to anyone in the world overnight we could have a million people with little skills on their way here,
    More like a billion on their way here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tell this person that people from puerto rico are also US Citizens

AE

SicNTiredInSoCal,

Here is my take on this issue of open borders.

(Although this has been used before, it is a good way to describe it to people who want to argue this with issues such as "Free trade and allocation of resources, which have little meaning when it comes to reality and common sense).

We live in a rental, four of us. Myself, my husband a teen son and a pre-teen daughter, plus three cats. Now the cats are optional I know. So, our place is really small for us, it is about 800 square feet of living space, at best, we have one bathroom which is smaller than most peoples walk in closets (No I am not kidding), and just two bedrooms. Our son has chosen to use the garage (it is a duplex) as a place to have his stuff and sleep (I know, technically a big no-no, but...) otherwise he would have to share with his sister, or sleep on the couch, neither an option he would like.

Our kitchen is small, more than two people in it and it is too much. We are lucky we have a decent sized backyard, but that does nothing for actual living space.

We REALLY need more space, but truthfully, cannot afford it right now. A third bedroom and an extra bath would be perfect.

So I wondered how someone in the OBL crowd, who has a bigger home would feel if we just moved in and made ourselves at home in their place? I mean if they have extra space, and we need it, it makes sense to me, they should be glad to help us out and let us just come in. They have the extra resources, right? They obviously have the income to afford us being there, and we will contribute some, as much as possible.

We will want to have family over, and of course there is the cats, they are dependent on us and they would be with us. We have our own furniture, nice and we would want the space to spread it out, we have been so crowded for so long.

We're not asking much, just to live in a bigger place and still not have to change our ways, and our lifestyle, and we would prefer to be paying less than what we are right now, so we could save some money finally and also help out my widowed mother, and my unemployed brother, who is hopping from place to place, and sometimes staying in his truck canopy, we might have him over sometimes too.

I do have a big family, and they would be coming in town for visits, along with their kids. Holidays are a big deal to us, and I usually host most of the get togethers, and would continue to do so, but I am sure the OBLer we moved in with would not mind, since they have unlimited resources and a bigger place, they should be glad to help me out, it is the nice and considerate thing to do.

So, SicNTiredInSoCal, do you think this is a good enough analogy for them? Makes it personal, doesn't it? This is exactly what it is for all of us who oppose it, it is personal, we see it as an invasion of our own homes, it is not right and America just does not have the unlimited spaces and resources. The Southwest is already having problems with their water resources being drained and low.

For generations our families have paid for and paved the way for this nation to be what it is. They have fought in wars, sometimes losing their lives and leaving behind families, they have served publicly, and created businesses. In short, they have paid the price.

The ones here illegally have done none of this, and refuse to acknowledge this nations sovereignty, and then expect us to give them something, that as this point, they do not deserve, no less than I DESERVE to have the home my dreams, I am going to have to work for it, and it will cost us, so too for the illegal aliens, they cannot just step in and take what they want, and then demand we also give them full rights of citizenship, no more than I could expect that eventually that OBLer would sign over the title to their home to my family.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

even better plan

I got an idea why don't we rob a bank or knock off a liquor store to so we can provide for our family. Makes about enough sense as illegals crossing the border so they can benefit their families. A crime is a crime. Our prisons are filled with illegals on OUR dime, of course. These prisoners are caught up in the immigration red tape. So what we end up doing is spending taxpayers money to build more prisons. Makes about enough sense as robbing a bank or knocking off a liquer store or how about as much sense as illegal immigration. They should do a massive deport and get rid of these people once and for all.

AE,

Make sure your son has a second means of egress.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SicNTiredInSoCal,
    You could ask why people from certain countries should cut in front of everyone following the rules to come here? Ask how he feels when standing in a line and some cuts. There are people from all countries that would like to come here. Why should Mexicans get preferrential treatment because their country borders ours?

Ask if the 9/11, illegal alien, terrorists hadn't been here, if we'd even know what the Taliban was.

Finally, ask if they've seen the movie Soylent Green. It shows the dangers of a population explosion.

pissedoffbirdy,
    Welcome!

preferencial treatment

This is an era of entitlement. The hispanics get priority because the bleeding heart liberalists have handed everything to them on a silver platter. Some hispanics refuse to learn english and believe we should kowtow and and learn and speak their language. This pissedoffbirdy absolutley refuses to learn their language. When our forefathers came from the old country thru Ellis Island to America they learned english. Bleeding heart liberals decided we should kowtow and learn spanish. Not this pissedoffbirdy!!!

Welcome pob! Some of my family also came through Ellis Island, and at least they got a health checkup before they were let into the country. Nowadays, no one across the world respects us as a sovereign nation, just a load of land that is giving everything away, including money. Citizenship is not what these people want--it is just a better living, which means robbing us blind. We see jobs being sent overseas so that means our major corporations have no sense of patriotism. States and counties are leasing roads and bridges to foreign companies for a quick infusion of cash, so any tolls that could be collected go out of the country. Anyone from anywhere can come here and buy real estate as long as they have cash (NY's historic Flatiron building is now owned by Italians, Westvaco lands and Southland Corp. that owns 7-11 is 80 percent owned by Japanese; China is in possession of over 40 percent of our Treasury obligations).
    And we are getting overrun by ignorant, uneducated, illiterates that have millions backing them from OBL groups to demand what they want, and block our traffic, disrupt our cities and communities when they don't get satisfaction immediately. Citizenship is the last thing they want, because then they would have to pay taxes. That is our responsibility for the gifts they give us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast