Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Home Town

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is my home town...she ain't what she used to be...

Come visit, I'll take you out to lunch.

We could go for a walk.

Need a haircut?

Finally, we have many many homes for sale if you are interested in moving here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know what you mean. We moved back to Georgia in 1992 from Aurora ILL. Can you guess why?
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Here is my home town...she ain't what she used to be...

Come visit, I'll take you out to lunch.
    Go out! If you would have come by my place a while back we could have just waited for the guy that used to come around yelling something like, hoelolies, ...

hoelolies,

... hoelolies, ...hoelolies.

It took me about six months to figure out he was saying tamales. I haven't heard him lately.

P.S. I had to laugh. I just read where your located. Waukegan, IL

This is just so sad.

This is VERY sad, but unfortunately is happening all over in California, and has been for quite some time. For most towns here it is too late to ever go back. Really, the ONLY way not to be affected by illegal immigration is if you are rich enough to live in a wealthy area and barricade yourself on a huge multi acre property in a mansion. Otherwise, you are on you own. This is one reason why we are in the process of looking for a house with land to at least have a "space cushion" to call our own. It won't be anything fancy either....even with falling house prices here, we still can't quite afford anything decent so we will wait longer and see what happens.

As it's been brought up on other threads, we are considerd red necks or racist by some for trying to preserve the way of life we love and work to hard for.
    To all of you out there who even consider trying to "race bait" us, think back to Haight-Ashbury, back when the hippies basically took over this quaint town and crapped it up with drugs, filth, illicit sex, disease, lawlessness and homelessness back in the 60's. Those long time residents who had been living there were outraged! They wanted those people and their way of life outta there! It didin't matter one bit what color thier skin was!

To me, it's almost the same thing....eventually the hippies left, and order was restored after a time. They burned themselves out with thier "lifestyle." The USA is one big giant Haight-Ashbury only this time it isn't dirty, misdirected, immoral white kids invading-it's the illegals and they don't give a rip about our culture, langauge, or anything else for that matter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

It took me about six months to figure out he was saying tamales.
    Funny, they come around our apartment complex here and try selling tamales out of white plastic buckets, as well as homemade cheese, we call bathtub cheese (remember that article about the cheese some illegal was making in CA and got all number of people sick from it?)!!

Last guy that came by, held out a white bucket, pulled back a grungy kitchen towel and asked, "queso, five dollars?", I said "no thanks, I don't have medical insurance". He just smiled, nodded his head and walked away. He did not understand anything but "no", obviously.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I've been hearing cheese stories since I was a a kid I would guess. It is something about that soft white cheese they make that goes bad pretty easy.

I prefer Monterey Jack on my taco's. There are a lot of good makers of it that I suppose pasteurize their product.

Grayrider, I know how you feel. Wel ive in an apartment complex in our town, and when we moved here, it was a mix, and now we are the ONLY American family here, and you can bet, these people have tried to do whatever was just within the laws to try to get us to leave.
    I say call ICE and go out on you stoop and have a beer! It ought to be interesting..

My town is a one store town too, there 15 hundred people supposidly but I don't know where they all are. We don't have illegals here but i've had one accident in my life and I ran into a illegal, last year! Of course he was headed to the landscaping job he had. I tried to call the cops and he said. "i have trouble with the license." This was BEFORE I knew of the US invasion.
    My home town is Freeport, my whole family worked at LL Bean. I work PT sometimes at the Christmas rush. Freeport is gone to tourists. Most are Asian and the one taxi outfit has Japanese on the back of the business card! Like we're global.. geeze
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

If you see a store like this worriedamerican start to worry...

AE

I say call ICE and go out on you stoop and have a beer! It ought to be interesting..
    I'll just have a Coke. We have had to call the police before about suspected gangsters living here, and police did come and boot the lot out, as well as the mother who was letting the whole gang live their too. Each time police come, we become less and less surprised about their appearances though.

WorriedAmerican, what we did really have fun with and relish, was on the first May Day marches, all sorts of rumors were going around not only this whole community, but it seemed everywhere, these people were in a lather all about how ICE was going to be swooping in and looking for them all.

We live close to PDX (Portland, OR) and we have the Air National Guard who is based there as well, so you can imagine that we have F-16's and all manner of helicopters (yes some Blackhawks) going overhead a lot. During this time, when we heard any kind of helicopter, of jet, these people would literally run inside. They were not allowing the kids outside as we were told by one kid, that they thought the "migra" has some kind of "radar" (I think he was trying to refer to infrared) that looked for the Spanish speaking people at night!!!!

I got a really good laugh out of that one. I have to admit, with the help of my now 14 year old son, we played mind games with them a little. We did admit to that kid that the "radar" would not work just to single out Spanish speaking, but that we had heard ICE was considering mass arrests (they had said something about it, but we did not let one what that something was).

Ahhh.....fun times.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

They were not allowing the kids outside as we were told by one kid, that they thought the "migra" has some kind of "radar" (I think he was trying to refer to infrared) that looked for the Spanish speaking people at night!!!!
    LOL.....now THATS funny! Guess we are not dealing with brightest lights in the harbor, huh??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast