Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    I CALL BULLSH1T!

If she is an American so is her son.
    "Ooh Ooh that smell! Can't you smell that smell? That smell that surrounds you!"
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Re: My True Story not made up statistical lies

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieS78
    I was born in the United States, in Van Nuys CA to be Exact. My son who is now 11 was born in Mexico. I had him there while taking care of my Grandmother. When my son was 8 months I returned to the USA, I walked across the border and the border patrol new that my son was Mexican and just asked me to make sure to file his paperwork once I reached my destination.
    Stephanie, you need to get better advice:

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.htm

Had the US Border patrol know your child was Mexican they would have never allowed you to enter the USA and certainly would certainly not have put you on the honor system that you would file paperwork later. According to our law, you could have easily gone to the closest US Embassy and gotten a passport right in Mexico.

For a story that is supposedly true and not made up of "statistical" lies this one is sure full of holes and misinformation.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12