Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

National Results For Third Party Presidential Candidates

I have been unable to find the results for the number of votes received by third party candidates, namely Barr and Baldwin. If you find them could you please post them here? Thanks.

I just want to know if there is any chance that the message so many people wanted to send might actually be heard.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

They're not recognised by the major media. Therefore we see not the independents. Just what the propaganda machine wants us to see.

Re: National Results For Third Party Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    I have been unable to find the results for the number of votes received by third party candidates, namely Barr and Baldwin. If you find them could you please post them here? Thanks.

I just want to know if there is any chance that the message so many people wanted to send might actually be heard.
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/result ... andidates/

Thanks for the info, Doots. I find those numbers to be downright dismal. I guess this third party thing really is hopeless. I really thought there would be a bigger response to them this election.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Thanks for the info, Doots. I find those numbers to be downright dismal. I guess this third party thing really is hopeless. I really thought there would be a bigger response to them this election.
    But you know what, if you add up all of the votes put on the various 3rd party candidates (1,552,660) and those Republicans who voted Obama out of protest, it was probably enough votes to cause a Republican candidate to lose instead of win. I think this in itself said a lot to the Republican party. A third party candidate didn't even come close to winning but by many main stay Republicans voting 3rd party or Democrat, we kept McCain from winning. Maybe next election the GOP will start listening to what the people it represents are saying.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

The mistake alternative parties make, IMO, is jumping into national elections, without first building solid foundations for their parties at the local and State levels. If there is ever going to be a viable alternative to the two dominant parties, it will require that kind of approach, and it will take time.

If the GOP gives us another Bush or McCain as their 2012 presidential nominee, I will still gladly vote for an alternative party candidate, or independent.

Your welcome Disillusioned. Don't be too disheartened though.
    Refer to AE's post: http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-137256.html

Another party HAS to be started now; NOW is the time!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    Another party HAS to be started now; NOW is the time!!
    YES!!!

No need to start another party, it already exists! I stopped identifying myself with the Republican party when they nominated John McCain as their presidential candidate. His record and position is worse, YES, worse than those of Obama. The Constitution Party is the third largest, and fastest growing political party in the US. This party is the ONLY party who wants to secure our borders and has a plan (that ALIPAC members would agree on) for dealing with illegal aliens and the employers which hire them. This party would use Nat. Guard units and/or if necessary our military to do so. No other party would consider this.

The Republican party has had a chance to take control of this issue and deal with our borders. They have failed. The Libertarian party wants unrestricted flow of peoples across our borders. The Constitution party will be seen in the next election.

Please read the position on illegal immigration below from the Baldwin08 site HERE.

"The time for rhetoric is over. We will seal our borders and ports. I support construction of a fence to secure our borders, but a Baldwin Administration will not wait for the construction of a fence in order to seal and secure our borders. We will utilize whatever force is necessary, including regular military personnel, to effectively secure our borders immediately. It is lunacy to send troops and National Guard half way around the world to protect the borders of Iraq while leaving our own borders wide open.

"Employers in America who knowingly hire illegal aliens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In plain language: any employer who consciously hires illegal aliens would go to jail. They would not pass Go; they would not collect $200; they would go straight to jail.

"By sealing the borders and by cutting off the money supply to illegal aliens, the problem of illegal immigration would dry up. As it is, we have no idea how many potential terrorists--not to mention violent gang members such as MS-13--have snuck (and are sneaking) through our borders.

"As President, I would enforce our visa rules. This means anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law is immediately deported. We mean business and only when it is clear that we do mean business will we begin to see respect for our immigration laws.

"There will be no "path to citizenship" given to any illegal alien. That means no amnesty. Not in any shape, manner, or form. I would not allow tax dollars to be used to pay for illegal aliens' education, social services, or medical care. As President, I would end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. There would be no "anchor babies" during my administration.

A Baldwin Administration will support our U.S. Border Patrol, not with meaningless words, but with action. And I guarantee you this: The day before my inauguration as President will be the last day the that Mr. Ramos and Mr. Campean will have to spend in prison. They will be released from prison on the first day that I that I am President and be returned to their jobs with the US Border Patrol if they still want them. Their persecution by the Bush Administration has been a disgrace and a nightmare for these gentlemen and their families. The nightmare ends the day I become President!"

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast