Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Constitution Party is the way to go..........in 4 years it can be built to pose a serious challenge to both parties. I'm finished with the republican party.
    I'm finished too. I have voted Republican since I first voted (Reagan). The Republicans have failed to make progress on immigration and border issues. The final action was when they nominated Juan McCain for the presidential candidate. It was shortly after that when I began to look for another party which reflects my position on illegal immigration. That's when I found the Constitution Party and Chuck Baldwin/Darrell Castle. I hadn't heard of the party before, even when I lived in PA. I have no doubt that the Constitution Party will be visible before 2012.

April
    Time for a change, time to make sure that a third is VERY visible and a true option for 2012. It is up to us Patriots. WE THE PEOPLE CANNOT RELY on anyone but ourselves to bring about CHANGE.

Welcome Ramack! Glad you are with us!

I've heard some things about embezzlement related to the Constitution Party. Anyone hear this and is there any evidence to support or discredit the claim?

I'd like to be able to back up what I say when having discussions with people, but this one was news to me.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

I haven't heard about anything. If you find something about it on the web, please send me the link.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    But you know what, if you add up all of the votes put on the various 3rd party candidates (1,552,660) and those Republicans who voted Obama out of protest, it was probably enough votes to cause a Republican candidate to lose instead of win. I think this in itself said a lot to the Republican party. A third party candidate didn't even come close to winning but by many main stay Republicans voting 3rd party or Democrat, we kept McCain from winning. Maybe next election the GOP will start listening to what the people it represents are saying.
    Don't forget that a large part of the base simply stayed home.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    I've heard some things about embezzlement related to the Constitution Party. Anyone hear this and is there any evidence to support or discredit the claim?

I'd like to be able to back up what I say when having discussions with people, but this one was news to me.
    I haven't heard it, but that does not mean that it is not true.

Even if it is true, it happens in political campaigns. It's sad, but small campaigns are usually especially sparse on resources and controls. Ron Paul had embezzlement issues in one of his earlier campaigns and I'd be surprised if it isn't more common that we'll sadly ever know.

Even the RNC had major amounts of money disappear just last year. Now *they* should have known better!
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I actually hope that the GOP won't get it together by the next election, it will give the third party candidates a better chance to be visible. I really don't think they will "get it", they have had several chances and have failed miserably on several issues, illegal immigration being only one.

The GOP is dying. The Constitution Party is going to replace it.

Until we change the system that the Republicans and Democrats have monopolized, and allow third party candidates equal time so that Americans can actually have a CHOICE in voting for their next president rather than have the media do the selecting for us, this will go no where.

Check out the following group. I discovered them when their founder appeared on C-SPAN a few months back. It looks promising:

The Presidential debates -- the single most important electoral event in the process of selecting a President -- should provide voters with an opportunity to see the popular candidates discussing important issues in an unscripted manner.Â* But the Presidential debates fail to do so, because the major party candidates secretly control them.

Presidential debates were run by the civic-minded and non-partisan League of Women Voters until 1988, when the national Republican and Democratic parties seized control of the debates by establishing the bi-partisan, corporate-sponsored Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). Posing as a nonpartisan institution committed to voter education, the CPD has continually and deceptively run the debates in the interest of the national Republican and Democratic parties, not the American people.

Every four years, negotiators for the Republican and Democratic nominees secretly draft debate contracts called Memoranda of Understanding that dictate precisely how the debates will be structured; co-chaired by the former heads of the Republican and Democratic parties, the CPD obediently implements the contracts, shielding the major party candidates from public criticism.

Such deceptive major party control severely harms our democracy. Candidates that voters want to see are often excluded; issues the American people want to hear about are often ignored; the debates have been turned into a series of glorified bipartisan news conferences, in which the candidates exchange memorized soundbites; and debate viewership has generally dropped, with twenty-five million fewer people watching the 2000 presidential debates than watching the 1992 presidential debates.Â* Walter Cronkite called CPD-sponsored presidential debates an “unconscionable fraud.â€

Here are two of the groups that organized the third party pres and VP debates.

www.theywillbeheard.com
    www.freeandequal.org

I'll keep watching the group you wrote about. Looks promising.

I really thought there would be a bigger response to them this election.

You have to feel kind of sorry for the sheeple... They continue to be fooled by the government owned major media that spins "Your vote will be wasted if you vote for a third party candidate".

The US is doomed as long as people fall for this typical brainwashing. Until the public realizes the democratic and republican parties are owned by sources well outside the constitution and well outside the best interest of America; we will continue to go down the tubes. The evidence is in the two pieces of crap both parties put forth this past election day.... Obama and his opponent (who is a joke) McCain. Neither of those two could get a job in my floor covering store, let alone serve as President of the United States.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast