Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NC Civil Rights Activist Backs Trump: 'America Is a Business'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC Civil Rights Activist Backs Trump: 'America Is a Business'

Saturday, August 27, 2016 08:13 PM
    By: Todd Beamon

An African American who participated in a 1960 sit-in that desegregated a Woolworth's lunch counter in North Carolina said Saturday that he was supporting Donald Trump because "we don't need politicians running based on principles.

"Politicians are a dime a dozen," Clarence Henderson told Jim Sciutto on CNN. "Leaders remain priceless.

"Donald Trump is a businessman, and America is a business," he continued. "In order to run America, a part of running America, you have to understand the economics of America and that we are free society."

In February 1960, Henderson was among four African-American students at North Carolina A&T State University who took over a segregated Woolworth's lunch counter in Greensboro in what became a seminal moment in the Civil Rights Movement.

He is now in his 70s and is retired from a career primarily in the financial services industry in Greensboro. He talked with CNN from Hyde Point, N.C.

Henderson, who led a prayer at a Trump rally in Charlotte earlier this month, told Sciutto that the nominee's strongest suit was his ability to create jobs.

"One of the biggest problems in America right now, especially in black communities, are the lack of jobs. He has proven before that he knows how to create jobs.

"We are a country, the land of opportunity, not the land of entitlement."

He disagreed that Trump's recent outreach to African Americans was demeaning, saying that "I've been up close and personal with Mr. Trump.

"He is a very personable guy. A lot of times he comes off on TV different than he is in person."

Henderson noted that he supported Trump's agenda and said that "I understand that platform because I have been a Democrat before.

"I come from a time known as Jim Crow — and I know what racism is and isn't," Henderson later added. "You can't legislate a person's heart.

"I am not looking to like Donald Trump. I'm looking at what he can do and the history of the Republican Party versus the Democratic Party."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Clar.../27/id/745484/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WOW! Thank you Clarence Henderson!! Thank you very very much!! I saw your prayer and knew who you were, but I did not know your civil rights history, and am so glad to know it now from this article.

Thank you Todd Beamon for writing the article and thank you dear Jean for posting it!!

We learn so much every day from ALIPAC articles, from the real sources of real news that matters to most Americans.

END DISCRIMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn