Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I forgot to mention that prior to the land that is now the SW United States being claimed from Mexico, there were invisible borders between the Native nations-invisible because their religion caused them to not build walls and other permanent dwellings-yet the borders were there. People could not just move northward and settle wherever they wanted automatically without Natives' permission. They were allowed to do business and traveled to and fro. There were the Lokono (aka Arawak) who were allowed to come up and they went to FL and formed the Tekesta (Tequesta) nation, and went to other places like Puerto Rico and formed the Taino nation, and several other nations in various Carribbean islands. Perhaps the Puerto Ricans have some clout, but they oppress the tiny minority still practicing the Taino culture and speaking Taino in Puerto Rico-and they agree with the Latinization of North America. Yet the ones yelling the loudest, the decendents of Aztecs, have no ancestral claim on the land north of Mexico, judging by Native maps predating the Spanish conquests-not even in the SW states. Only when the Spanish created what would become Mexico were the Aztecs and following meztizos allowed up here. Latinos living at home in Latin America often oppress what is left of the nonHispanic Natives down there due to their not having assimilated-though they are genetically related to those Natives. I found this information by talking to several Native people of differing tribes and on the internet.

I like it! I would love to see pattyk's movie!
    http://www.xtranormal.com/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Oh you got it steve-o. I wasn't gonna make one but now I will, and it wont be pretty.

Banned
    Good job Marqy. "Your laws do not apply to me" was my favorite quote.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Oh you got it steve-o. I wasn't gonna make one but now I will, and it wont be pretty.
    "Cover your eyes, you guys!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

uh oh , the cartoon making gene is out of the bag LOL !

Banned
    Sacredrage, You said you experienced same things as Natives. Are you Native American?

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    uh oh , the cartoon making gene is out of the bag LOL !
    "My attempt to make one awhile back, was we'll say P incorrect!"
    Yours however was done quite tastefully!

Banned
    I loved your video Marquis!!!! Where is Pattyk,s?

Pattyk, I suffered the experience of having my own culture and language"crowded out", as well as bigotry and descrimination on a near daily basis while I was growing up during and after the major changes in demographics in Miami in the '80's. I was raised white and appear all white, yet have traces of Taino Native (Tainos are from Puerto Rico) in me through my Hispanic relatives (they're all Americanized, don't worry!!!) and I feel an affinity with Native Americans because they went through what we could be facing ourselves in the future, and I know something of how they feel. I did alot of online research concerning past history and talked to Natives themselves before I came up with my info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast