Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

next time you pick up a butterfinger bar look closely

Yesterday I was sitting at lunch with one of my co-workers and she went over the the candy machine and got herself a butterfinger bar. She was studying the wrapper and had this puzzled look on her face she elbowed me and handed over the wrapper. Well much to my surprise not only was the entire wrapper in English but low and behold it was all in Spanish. Guess I won't be buying a butterfinger bar anytime soon.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Not up here. I can bet the companies will send candy wrapped to other regions in the U.S., or elsewhere in the world with the language according to what they think the majority speaks there, as in your case, well you are in Reconquistaland and Nestle wanted to acknowledge that.

Think maybe you should give Nestle a long call from you and your co-worker.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nor will I.!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Iansmom,here in northern Virginia almost everything is dual language now-in the grocery everything from water and candy bars to shampoo and canned corn is in English/spanish.Today on the way home from work one of the Toyota dealerships even had up a HUGE banner ALL in spanish.
    I am still livid over it and whats worse is there are some products that are spanish ONLY-sunsilk and Pantene are the usual ones.
    I often wonder if you need to have your nuker popcorn instructions in spanish,should you even be playing with the microwave?Cuz my microwave only has English words on it(popcorn setting,defrost,etc)

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

speaking of Spanish

On my way home I notice 2 spanking new billboards both from Wells Fargo and both were in Spanish. What were they selling? Hell if I know. Anyway I was so pissed off that when I got home I called Wells Fargo and the call when like this.

Bank:
    Wells Fargo how may I help you.

Me:
    Yes I was thinking of opening an account with your institution and on my way home I saw two billboards, both of them were in Spanish. Since I am an American and speak English it makes it rather difficult for me to figure out just what it is your selling. This leads me to believe that your institution is not the palace I will be doing my banking anytime soon.

Bank:
    Long pause

Me:
    Hello?

Bank:
    Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

Me:
    I'm just stating the facts --- I ended the call.

Good idea about calling.I can't believe I didn't think of it on the way home but,I was busy dodging bicyclists and traffic.As for the food with dual language, I just stopped buying it.It really has turned out well because my grocery bills are much lower.
    The dealership sign got to me because 1 its where I bought my car 2 years ago and 2 the illegals in my town have taken to riding bikes EVERYWHERE.I truly have never seen more bike riders in my life.I guess its because of the crackdowns on licenses.What cars the illegal aliens around here drive are either decked out Escalades/Navigators or really old junkers that you question the safety of.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

hahaha

Used to be my favorite.... I hope sales to the illegals pics up .... I am passing this on to everyone I know and will start looking at other candy wrappers as well

No speake Englese muchacho's
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Used to be my favorite.... I hope sales to the illegals pics up .... I am passing this on to everyone I know and will start looking at other candy wrappers as well

No speake Englese muchacho's
    Lo siento que yo no puedo comprar su producto si yo no sé lo que su venden.

(I'm sorry I can't buy your product if I don't know what you are selling)

JAK
    I still say... if the 80% of Americans who are against illegal immigration would stop shopping for a week with real DEMANDS... we could start so change this country around... It may take several times of boycotting all business at the same time...except for the small business that WE KNOW are not PANDERING to illegals, to get this under control... but as long as big business is getting what it wants ...seems it will continue.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in northern California, all of the "Safeway" grocery billboards are ONLY in Spanish. I took my club card up to the local store and cut it up in front of the store manager.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast