Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Now I have to boycott both Hershey and Nestle....ummmm can I still eat M&M mars products? I am running low on chocolate suppliers
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Cayla,I have not seen any dual language on M&M Mars products or Cadbury if it helps any.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

JAK
    History
    Butterfinger was invented by the Curtiss Candy Company of Chicago, Illinois in 1923. The company held a public contest to choose the name of the candy dress. The name is a slang term used to describe a clumsy person, often in sporting events to describe an athlete who can't hold onto the ball. As an early publicity stunt and marketing ploy, the company dropped Butterfinger and Baby Ruth candy bars from airplanes in cities across the United States which helped increase its popularity.

Two of the slogans currently used to advertise the candy bar are "Follow the Finger" and "Break out of the ordinary!" Prior to that, Bart Simpson and other characters from The Simpsons appeared in numerous advertisements for the product from 1989 to 2001, with the slogans "Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger!", "Bite my Butterfinger!", and "Nothin' like a Butterfinger!"

Butterfinger was withdrawn from German shops due to consumer rejection when it was one of the first products to be labeled as containing genetically modified ingredients from corn. [1]

After a series of mergers and acquisitions, the candy bar is now produced by Nestlé.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    You can also make your own chocolate candy. If you go to a cake supply shop they sell wafers of chocolate and white chocolate in assorted colors. You can melt them down and add whatever your fancy is... you can also get peppermint, etc. to flavor (although I use to have to get this at a pharmacy, not sure if the candy stores have them now, but probably do.)

You can use molds or just mix together in a bowl.

For example: Toffee bars... you can melt down the chocolate, cover bottom and sides of mold, then add toffee chips or butterbrickle then top with more chocolate. Pop into the freezer for a minute or so and they are done! You can make choc. covered cherries, mint patties, choc. raisen bars, peanut clusters, peanut butter cups, Rockie Road... all kinds of good candies. They will last at least a couple of months in a cool place.
    They will probably have a candy book for all kinds of recipes or you can probably find them online. They are good... although we will have to see where the wafers are made. You can also use almond bark ... the grocery stores usually have it around the holidays. (I'm not sure where the bark is made either.)
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I use to like Mars Bars too... but I'm sure we could make these.

The Mars Bar is a chocolate bar manufactured by Mars Incorporated. It was first manufactured in Slough in the United Kingdom in 1932 as a sweeter version of the Milky Way bar which Mars produced in the USA.[1] It is made of chocolate-malt nougat topped with a layer of caramel and covered with milk chocolate, and is still marketed outside the USA.

A completely different chocolate bar named Mars Bar was sold in the USA until 2000. It contained plain nougat, almonds, caramel, and milk chocolate.
    Candy bars sold as the Mars Bar vary in different regions of the world.[2] The American version (discontinued in 2002)[3] is no longer sold anywhere, and has been replaced with the similar (but not identical) Snickers Almond.[3] You can still find the original Mars bars in the United States in certain ethnic stores.[citation needed

I was never a fan of Butterfingers. But there are a lot of products that also have Spanish parts on labels. Shampoo, laundry detegent products sometimes are in Spanish too. I would reccommend you all to check K.C. McAlpin's organization Pro English.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Quote Originally Posted by browneyes106
    I was never a fan of Butterfingers. But there are a lot of products that also have Spanish parts on labels. Shampoo, laundry detegent products sometimes are in Spanish too. I would reccommend you all to check K.C. McAlpin's organization Pro English.
    browneyes,
    do you have a link for this organization?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyes106
    browneyes,
    do you have a link for this organization?
    Hi Cayla here's the link
    www.proenglish.org/

The organization is really good and K.C. has spoken at a number of immigration reform events.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    JAK, that's too funny, I have been known to make my own candy bars and such too!! I make peanut butter "cups", but do not make mine into cups just into little balls and then coat in dark chocolate. But now my 14 year old son had several large hives on his back recently after eating a peanut butter cup, he said he had neglected to tell me this had happened before (his back itching was all he knew and stomach troubles!!). The poor kid is apparently allergic to peanuts and also cannot have milk products as well.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's rough for your son. Peanut butter cups are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    JAK, that's too funny, I have been known to make my own candy bars and such too!! I make peanut butter "cups", but do not make mine into cups just into little balls and then coat in dark chocolate. But now my 14 year old son had several large hives on his back recently after eating a peanut butter cup, he said he had neglected to tell me this had happened before (his back itching was all he knew and stomach troubles!!). The poor kid is apparently allergic to peanuts and also cannot have milk products as well.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast