Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

A nice victory, for once

Most here know of my many "colorful" stories of where we have lived since I have been at ALIPAC (for those not in the know, since July 2005 despite the new account I had to set up recently).

Recently, as of course summer got out for the kids, there can be trouble. I have a 25 year old, a 14 year old and 10 year old (girl, boy, girl). I know how kids can be, and most of the stuff is petty and childish.

However, when it has pertained to these kids here, it has always been pretty intense stuff, and most have come to them calling nasty names towards mine and also has been violent at times (again, towards mine).

I want to share a victory with you all.

We of course (as I have said before) have a new landlord. I have had my feelings going up and down towards him, but he has reaffirmed my hope in his character and his desire to do things right here.

I went to the store one evening (Friday the 13th to be exact), and was detained at my daughters apartment watching her son (he had fallen asleep) so her boyfriend cound drop her off somewhere. Well after a long bit, I got worried as on Fridays, my husband is home, but our daughter was there and he was awful tired, I had this feeling he would have fallen asleep and she was riding her bike in the upper parking lot where her one friend lives. So I left my son in charge of the toddler and came home after an unsuccesful call attempt.

I drove in the complex and there sat my 10 year old with her bike, relieved when she saw me, as a bunch of these older teen kids here were harassing her. Her dad had fallen asleep so was totally unaware, and she had been too afraid to pass these kids to come home to even tell him. I asked what was wrong and she burst into tears, as she rode aside our van down the driveway.

They had been calling her many horrible words and names, and saying menacing kinds of things to her, telling these younger kids to do so also as they stood by and laughed. I attempted to talk with the maintenance/manager man, but he was not home. I sat down to type out a letter to the landlord. In it, I explained the longstanding problem of kids harassing ours, and most times it is quite menacing, especially since these were older teens and she is only 10.

I explained our frustration that the parents only speak Spanish and I cannot communicate to them what their kids are doing, as if our maintenance guys teen son is not home, then who do I trust to interpret? Besides the maintenance mans son is a teen himself so to be put in that position of authority, they truly will not heed to. We have also experienced, more than not, a total apathy from the parents about their kids behavior, and I explained what I felt was the reason why.

After a bit more in the letter, I dropped it off that Saturday morning.

This evening, we received a call from the landlord, and he told us that he spoke with these parents personally and explained that their teens behavior towards youger kids was unacceptable and would not be tolerated here, he then wrote out three (this many households were involved) eviction notices, and used them as examples. He said this is what they looked like and if the problem continued, this is what they should expect. He told us that if anything is still a problem to call him directly.

Of course he stated that police could be called, but we had to explain we had been down that road and police tell us two things, unless she is physically touched (these kids know enough to simply say stuff and act in a certain way so it cannot be a police matter), they can do nothing, and also it is because it is on private property and the landlord needs to be the one to deal with it directly. So in the past, with our last landlord, who did not care at all, this stuff went on unchecked and now of course these people think they can do anything they want towards us or our kids.

He felt terrible it had gone on like this and that there were people acting in this way, for no apparent reason (Hmmm.....I think it is apparent). We thanked him a lot, and have hopes for a peaceful summer (as both my husband and son are working full time this summer, so myself and our daughter are going to be here alone).

I can now hope that more little victories will happen for others like this in the next few months. I know we needed this, we have been feeling down about the situation in this country, gas prices and with no end it would sometimes seem, to this illegal invasion, and then to have the local problems we have had here. I hope for all of you to see some little thing that lifts your hopes about everything.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

That's great news! It's just crazy what were up against and how we deal and cope with these people. I for one also have had a small victory also, but I am never sure how long it will last. So I am going to keep my long term goals, to fight our invaiders until they win or we win. Maybe some day the law will work in our favor also. I am very happy for your family.

That is great news AE--so glad you have a good landlord who is backing you on this problem.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

It has been a LONG time coming, LONNGG time......

We have lived here since 2003, far too long in this situation, but with incomes altogether not so good, ours included, and with rentals being so high, and of course buying is out of the question, we felt our best defense to be able to make ends meet was to stay put and attempt to grind or way through it all. Lately it has all been getting to us, we have been at each others throats and making us all exhausted.

Now maybe things will take an upturn (since our neighbors, and yes they are illegal, realize their will be adverse consequences to their actions here).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE,

First of all, congratulations on finally being able to make headway in the situation. That has to be a huge relief. However, reading your story tonight, and having read your past stories... i can only worry about what these people will do in retaliation. They will most certainly hate being threatened, and want their revenge. I would spend as much time as possible being visible so they know you're watching out for anything that may come up with.

AE,
    Congratulations on your victory. But I have to agree with
    thedude. I would be worried that someone, and it seems they are all related, would retaliate. Be careful, especially when its only you and your daughter at home.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    So glad to hear the news AE. You and your family live in a high stress situation. I hope this helps the stress level to go down.

AE

This was something my husband brought up. He wants to get a locking gas cap, not because we always have a lot of gas in our tank , but because he is worried they may put sugar in our tank.

There is this girl, 11, who is friends with my daughter now (her family, although Hispanic are Americans, and on top of that Christians), also said they too have been having problems with a lot of these people. Her dad has confronted some and also let the maintenance guy know. Since not only he, but the maintenance guy are against this behavior, and the landlord warned them (he feels they would have a hard time renting elsewhere as most are now doing checks with the SSNO), they will leave us alone.

I am cautiously confident that things will tone down. I do have to have some common sense about it, but I do know that if they attempt to retaliate, they will be caught and police will get involved (and I know they are illegal, as well as the teens).

You came to your daughter's rescue! That is so great!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

April
    AE wrote:

This was something my husband brought up. He wants to get a locking gas cap, not because we always have a lot of gas in our tank , but because he is worried they may put sugar in our tank.
    Not a bad idea and I am sure it will help his stress level!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast