Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vietnam Assn of Seafood Exporters & Prod - 2
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Leah
    Question.?......Who was the first lobbyist? What administration allowed it? What was the lobbyist fighting for?

The voice of the people will never be heard with lobbyists on capital hill. Money trumps all!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who knows the answer to my questions I would love to know!
    Haven't you heard?

According to the Rush Limbaughs of the world, lobbying is a form of Free Speech and makes this country great.

Why, you can have your own lobbyist too. Of course, without millions of dollars in "walking around money", he won't be very effective.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    This is part of the story. I'd like to see a list of those lobbyists on our side so we know who to support and join.

Banned
    Shocked, those on our side are mixed in the list ....there are just far fewer of them!

Thanks for posting this Kate. Interesting list. Sure is a lot of money here. What wh**es we have become. Who are some of the non obvious players here?

Human Rights Campaign - 14 I can only imagine who is behind that one.

Immigration Voice - 14

Assn of Independent Research Institutes - 10

American Federation of Government Employees- 20?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

It looks like we have "good ol' " Great Britain to thank for lobbyists. Looks like in our fight to gain independance from G.B. We forgot to leave some of the scum and corrupt practices over seas.

Lobbyists get their name from the amount of time they spend in the lobbies outside legislative chambers. The term was first applied in Great Britain, where members of Parliament met with outsiders in a special room known as "The Lobby."

Banned
    Look they have the lobbyists but we have the numbers and I've been reminding Congress this all day on the phone when I call!

We can bury those lobbyists with our phone calls, faxes and emails to Congress. We just have to committ to doing it and get moving!!!!!!!

April
    Lone_Patriot wrote:

AND TO THINK WE'VE HELD THEM OFF THIS LONG!!! john wayne would be proud.
    You got that right and we are not done yet, we are going to turn this thing around. The Duke would say "WAY TO GO PILGRIMS!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah
    Question.?......Who was the first lobbyist? What administration allowed it? What was the lobbyist fighting for?

The voice of the people will never be heard with lobbyists on capital hill. Money trumps all!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who knows the answer to my questions I would love to know!
    Haven't you heard?

According to the Rush Limbaughs of the world, lobbying is a form of Free Speech and makes this country great.

Why, you can have your own lobbyist too. Of course, without millions of dollars in "walking around money", he won't be very effective.
    So would you deny the People the right to organize for the purpose of seeking redress with a unified voice? Lobbyists per se are not the problem. Corrupt politicians selling their votes is a problem. The fact that the corrupt politicians are left to police themselves is an even greater problem. The fact that idiots in places like Mass o' dunces keep electing jackasses like Ted Kennedy is the biggest problem, given that the ballot box should be the ultimate form of policing against corruption.

The problem isn't so much all the lobbiests on their side but all the press that is on their side. This prevents millions more Americans from getting involved, since all they hear is the "poor immigrant" press brainwashing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast