Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. John Carter (R-Texas), offered an amendment to restore the 287(g) funding to the DHS Appropriations bill.

That amendment was defeated along party lines (All Republicans voted to restore the funding, all Democrats voted to gut the funding).
    Well, in this case the blame solely rests with the Democrats who clearly do not want to enforce our laws, do not care if they bring us to anarchy, and are putting their crass political goals of pandering to certain ethnic groups and other special interests above the interests of hard working American citizens from all backgrounds. Disgusting.

I just hope we can restore at least some level of adequate funding for this key program (and if they're going to cut enforcement funding from govt agencies, why don't they cut the IRS's enforcement budget).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by judyweller
    ANy chance of getting the funded restore on the Floor or in the Senate?

I called but knowing that the Rep was a Democrat I knew I had no chance. The Democrats are killing us. -- NEVER ELECT DEMOCRATS.

I am shocked at Price -- being from N.C -- did La Raza buy him off?
    That was my next question does this go to the house and senate now? can they offer amendments and do we still have a chance to stop it in the Senate.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    judyweller wrote:

Rep. Price (my rep.) has always been a HUGE illegal alien pandering fool.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    judyweller wrote:

Rep. Price (my rep.) has always been a HUGE illegal alien pandering fool.
    What are you NC residents going to do to "punish" Price for his actions? Any chance you can stop his re-election?

MW
    judyweller wrote:

What are you NC residents going to do to "punish" Price for his actions? Any chance you can stop his re-election?
    Too many liberals in his district.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i just called Rep Price's office and being told that funding has stayed the same for 287 g so no cut as far as enforcement or so-called raids.

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    i just called Rep Price's office and being told that funding has stayed the same for 287 g so no cut as far as enforcement or so-called raids.
    Thanks for the clarification alamb.
    Can someone else confirm from Price's office that the 287 (g) funding will stay the same?

And what about ICE's workplace enforcement? That's what FAIR's alert said would be cut to fund deportation of criminal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is Prices bill....haven't had time to read it yet so if someone has time please check it over!

http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/Pri ... -11-08.pdf
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"The bill includes $4.8 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, $60 million above the request, and mandates that $800 million of this be targeted to identifying dangerous criminal aliens and prioritizing these individuals for removal once an immigration judge orders them deported. The President had proposed no additional dedicated funds for this fundamental priority. To help with this effort to identify and deport aliens convicted of crimes, ICE is also required to give priority to requests by jails, prisons, and correctional institutions when signing agreements to delegate 287(g) immigration enforcement authority."

quoted from the Bill

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast