Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Actually, that's a great catch or point that is under-appreciated.

In terms of International Law (not common "PC speak"...) there is no such thing as an 'economic refugee'. All countries have poor people (well, almost all) and being 'poor' does not confer a right to be able to just pick up and go to the next destination country of choice.

Refugees status is recognized for persons that have been persecuted on the bases of: politics and religion primarily, and a few other secondary categories as well.
    Yep, you are right.......And, for some reason Mexico and the illegals feel that they are above all US laws/policies-----and they somehow feel that they are more entitled than other countries and people from other countries who are trying to come to the US.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    To be honest, right now I'm more concerned about McCain and Giuliani than Huckabee. If McCain wins SC by a decent margin, the MSM will probably push him as the frontrunner. He is currently leading in some national and state polls, no doubt helped by all the fawning MSM press coverage. Remember, he only won NH by about 5 points and the media made it sound like a landslide.

And if Giuliani wins Florida, the MSM (who had previously written him off), will suddenly be calling him a genius. And he will win some states and wrack up delegates.

Just a prediction, but I believe Huckabee will fade.

So IMO the two big threats in the GOP are McCain and Giuliani both of whom support massive amnesty.
    I agree......right now McCain is our worst nightmare. And, if Guliani wins Florida, he will become our next worst nightmare.

Huckabilly will be stopped in either SC-----or not very long after that.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I sent Roy Beck 2 letters stating how horrified I am by his decision and IMO the consequences of his actions will only cripple our movement, if not worse. Then I listed 8 articles where Huckabee adamantly supports Amnesty and commented just this year, that enforcing immigration laws was "sheer folly". Lastly, I told him he could expect no more contributions because of his betrayal. Below is one of the examples that I used.

And lets not forget that he said he isn't afraid of risking his political career for siding with illegals... http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=631

Quote:
    "Gov. Mike Huckabee says he's not afraid of risking his political future by speaking out against a recent immigration raid at an Arkadelphia poultry plant even though calls to his office have been 'about 1,000 to one' against his stance ... 'How is our government benefiting from an abandoned 1-year-old? I'm thinking as a parent, if I was in that position and my only crime was plucking a chicken to feed my family. I didn't hurt anyone,' he said. 'It would be different if the crime was robbing a bank with a gun or making methamphetamine.'"

I still believe McCain is a huge threat, but IMO I believe Huckabee will take the south over McCain, especially after this Amnesty deception. I believe Roy Beck is to shrewd and intelligent to have missed Huckabee's
    past.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta7757
    I sent Roy Beck 2 letters stating how horrified I am by his decision and IMO the consequences of his actions will only cripple our movement, if not worse. Then I listed 8 articles where Huckabee adamantly supports Amnesty and commented just this year, that enforcing immigration laws was "sheer folly". Lastly, I told him he could expect no more contributions because of his betrayal. Below is one of the examples that I used.

And lets not forget that he said he isn't afraid of risking his political career for siding with illegals... http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=631

Quote:
    "Gov. Mike Huckabee says he's not afraid of risking his political future by speaking out against a recent immigration raid at an Arkadelphia poultry plant even though calls to his office have been 'about 1,000 to one' against his stance ... 'How is our government benefiting from an abandoned 1-year-old? I'm thinking as a parent, if I was in that position and my only crime was plucking a chicken to feed my family. I didn't hurt anyone,' he said. 'It would be different if the crime was robbing a bank with a gun or making methamphetamine.'"

I still believe McCain is a huge threat, but IMO I believe Huckabee will take the south over McCain, especially after this Amnesty deception. I believe Roy Beck is to shrewd and intelligent to have missed Huckabee's
    past.
    All polls are showing that McCain is going to win tomorrow. I hope that Romney ends up coming in second some how----and knocks the Huckster out for good. However, McCain I believe is more of a threat at the present time.

I believe that Roy Beck will end up changing his rating of Huckabilly----but I hope that he does it soon.

Florida is on Jan 29------so we may soon end up having to deal with Guliani as well!!!

And, unfortunately, it seems like Hannity still favors Guliani based on comments I have heard him make over his last few shows.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Bren, I agree, there is no logical reasoning why the illegals from Mexico defend it and it's government so much, yet are here.

As you know, we live in a complex where we are now the only American citizens, the rest are confirmed illegals. One kid was going on and on about how great Mexico was to my 14 year old son, and he said "if Mexico is so great, then why aren't you all there instead of here?".

You could have heard a pin drop till one bright one in the bunch said "f---- you" to my son, and then they all walked away. Kind of hard to answer that one I guess.

Kind of like kids who will defend and aid their abusive parents, so sad.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No Amnesty from these fools is like 'Bill Clinton's what the word is is.'

They live on another planet where Amnesty is not Amnesty . . . just ask John McCain.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314