Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well it motivated me to go to Mitt's website and send in a lengthy comment. I used all 500 characters! If I see more crap like that, I'll probably order a t-shirt.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

So,

What are you doing about Harry Reid,

usanevada

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Right now, when it comes to primaries, I can only hope and pray that we have more of the Mormon faith (who knows, some really smart libs might?....RIGHT!) and anti-illegal immigration patriots who will vote for Romney (stated: I would STILL prefer Hunter) over those who would vote for Huckster.

Anyways, with this pledge, I do not give any credence to it, I do see that Roy Beck is trying, but I hope he is aware that once an illegal sympathizer, always an illegal sympathizer.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Right now, when it comes to primaries, I can only hope and pray that we have more of the Mormon faith (who knows, some really smart libs might?....RIGHT!) and anti-illegal immigration patriots who will vote for Romney (stated: I would STILL prefer Hunter) over those who would vote for Huckster.

Anyways, with this pledge, I do not give any credence to it, I do see that Roy Beck is trying, but I hope he is aware that once an illegal sympathizer, always an illegal sympathizer.
    Huckabee will never enforce laws against illegals----and he will use religion as a reason not to. He did this in Arkansas!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

You know Bren, the thing I have against him is just that. I AM a Christian, I am a conservative, 100%, yet I can find NO reason to excuse illegal aliens Biblically, as they have broken our laws, and crossed over our borders without permission, and the Bible speaks VERY clearly on this kind of thing.

I do not know HOW Huckabee can try to use his beliefs to grant ANY special privelages to illegals, it is just not his right to do so, he is saying that he is above the laws of this nation, a nation whose government Christians see as given by God and that WE are obligated to follow the laws instituted by the government, as otherwise is an offense to God.

Then again, the Catholic church, and many other liberal churches who give sanctuary and advocate illegal immigration/open borders, are in the same boat as Huckabee. I have NO respect for any of them.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    You know Bren, the thing I have against him is just that. I AM a Christian, I am a conservative, 100%, yet I can find NO reason to excuse illegal aliens Biblically, as they have broken our laws, and crossed over our borders without permission, and the Bible speaks VERY clearly on this kind of thing.

I do not know HOW Huckabee can try to use his beliefs to grant ANY special privelages to illegals, it is just not his right to do so, he is saying that he is above the laws of this nation, a nation whose government Christians see as given by God and that WE are obligated to follow the laws instituted by the government, as otherwise is an offense to God.

Then again, the Catholic church, and many other liberal churches who give sanctuary and advocate illegal immigration/open borders, are in the same boat as Huckabee. I have NO respect for any of them.
    I agree!! I was born and raised Catholic----and I definitey DO NOT agree with anything that the Catholic Church is doing regarding the illegals.

Also, these people are not refugees-----and if they are given amnesty, they are taking the place of millions of people throughout the world who have been waiting in line, trying to come in through the proper, legal process. Some of these people who are waiting in line also have children---and they are in countries that are a lot worse than Mexico.

Plus, by the US letting Mexico get away with doing this-----this means that they will never fix their own country----and the rich there will continue to rule with the middle class/poor treated like dogs. The US needs to say----no more $$$ until you can show us what you are using this money for. Unless this money is being used to better the situation in your country for your citizens----NO MORE MONEY!!!

Or, the US should just invade and take over.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Plus, by the US letting Mexico get away with doing this-----this means that they will never fix their own country
    So VERY true! What does get me, though, is that the people of Mexico who come here illegally, praise Mexico over and over, they wear t-shirts and sweatshirts proudly proclaiming "Mexico" yet they know this country is nothing more than a criminal infested cesspool. I do not understand how they feel such loyalty to a country who's government cared so little for them?

As for us taking over Mexico, I am sure that we could do it, but the clean-up of the crminals and drug cartels would be way too much of a mess, and we have our own people to take care of here. I would not want us to, although I believe we could and we could make it much better there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

Also, these people are not refugees-----and if they are given amnesty, they are taking the place of millions of people throughout the world who have been waiting in line, trying to come in through the proper, legal process.
    Another good point.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, that's a great catch or point that is under-appreciated.

In terms of International Law (not common "PC speak"...) there is no such thing as an 'economic refugee'. All countries have poor people (well, almost all) and being 'poor' does not confer a right to be able to just pick up and go to the next destination country of choice.

Refugees status is recognized for persons that have been persecuted on the bases of: politics and religion primarily, and a few other secondary categories as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't vote for Suckabee if he was the only one running.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.