Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama/ Biden just announced

On Fox news just now. Obama - Biden

Now we know.

Should have known. Its always somebody that you don't think it will be, and then after you know it makes perfect sense. Biden was the most hawkish of the Dem candidates if I remember correctly. Osama is attempting to get some Indy votes here.

I'm pretty sure he is terrible on immigration.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I just listened to the news and Hussein is not making his announcement until some time after 10:00 am, Saturday the 23rd.

There has been a lot of talk (guessing) that it is Biden.......and there seems to be a lot of activity at Biden's house tonight, BUT NO ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE AS YET.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

I'm pretty sure he is terrible on immigration.

Yep. D- according to NumbersUSA

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=162

I THOUGHT I HAD READ SOMEWHERE THAT BIDEN SAID HE WOULD NOT DO IT. I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I READ THIS THOUGH.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From FOX:

Kaine, Bayh Out of Obama Veepstakes as Biden’s Stock Rises

Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine and Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana are out. Could Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware be in?

Sources told FOX News that Kaine had been informed he was out of the running for Barack Obama’s vice presidential pick, and the Associated Press cited a source who said Bayh had been informed of the same. As for Biden’s position as the leading contender, the truth might not be told until Saturday afternoon.

Obama plans to notify the country of his vice presidential pick Saturday — possibly sometime in the morning — before the candidate and his chosen appear at a 2 p.m. campaign event in Illinois, FOX News learned Friday night.

The news did little to quell the frenzied speculation about who will be standing on that stage with Obama, but it established a clearer time frame for the announcement after days of frustrated anticipation

Obama’s campaign had invited supporters to sign up for text messages and e-mails notifying them when the announcement was made, and senior campaign officials told FOX the messages will be timed to be received when the nation is awake.

Obama’s campaign has managed to keep a tight veil of secrecy over the decision as media and delegates start traveling to Denver for a four-day extravaganza that will end with an acceptance speech by the first black presidential nominee of a major party.

Journalists, meanwhile, have staked out all the top potential picks for any indications that they may be the one.

The Associated Press reports that several Obama associates have said they believe Biden is Obama’s choice, though they haven’t been told directly.

If he is the pick, Biden might have some explaining to do. He told FOX News’ Alan Colmes on Aug. 10, 2007, that he didn’t want the job.

[color=green][b]“I am not running for vice president,â€

Obama picks Biden for veep

By LIZ SIDOTI and NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writers 19 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama's pick as vice presidential running mate, The Associated Press has learned.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Biden, 65, is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party's leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_ ... veepstakes

IT'S AMAZING, 2 SENATORS FROM A CONGRESS WITH 9% OF APROVAL. IS THIS A JOKE ? AND THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE FOR THESE CROOKS.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/23/ ... index.html

Sources: Obama picks Joe Biden as VP candidate

(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama has picked Delaware Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, multiple Democratic sources tell CNN.
    Delaware Sen. Joe Biden has been tabbed as Sen. Barack Obama's vice-presidential running mate.

Delaware Sen. Joe Biden has been tabbed as Sen. Barack Obama's vice-presidential running mate.

The longtime Democratic senator was long considered a likely choice for vice president, but the buzz surrounding him intensified after he returned earlier this week from a two-day trip to the Republic of Georgia after Russian troops invaded.

Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, brings years of experience that could help counter GOP arguments that an Obama administration would be inexperienced on foreign policy.

Biden abandoned his own White House run after a poor showing in Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucuses. He also ran for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination but dropped out after charges of plagiarism in a stump speech.

The 65-year-old was first elected to the Senate in 1972. Shortly afterwards, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident. He considered resigning, but decided to continue with his political career.

Biden is currently serving out his sixth term, making him Delaware's longest-serving senator.

Biden is married and has three children. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware and got a law degree from Syracuse.

In 1988, Biden suffered an aneurysm and nearly died but has recovered fully.

One of Biden's grandfathers was a Pennsylvania state senator, according to the Almanac of American Politics.

Biden will make his first big speech as the VP candidate on Wednesday, August 27 -- the third night of the Democratic convention.

I'm pretty sure its Biden. You usually don't see this much hoohah made when it isn't the VP choice.

Now it comes down to who McCain picks. Obama could have helped himself if he picked Byron Dorgan, or perhaps Heath Shuler, but of course he wouldn't. If McCain picks Romney, he has it won. If McCain picks a neoconservative, globalist, OBL, then Obama wins.

I really don't think that Obama helps himself at all with this choice. Its a lateral movement.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast