Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Releases Long Form Birth Certificate

Washington (CNN) -- The Obama administration is releasing copies of President Barack Obama's original long-form birth certificate, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer announced Wednesday.

Obama will discuss the decision to release the certificate Wednesday morning, the White House announced.

"The president believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country," Pfeiffer said. "It may have been good politics and good (television), but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country."

"At a time of great consequence for this country -- when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, D.C., was once again distracted by a fake issue," Pfeiffer added. "The president's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

Obama released a legally binding "certificate of live birth" in 2008, but many opponents of the president continue to assert he was born overseas.

You can see the birth certificate at the link.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/27/ ... rtificate/
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned

Big Debate?

It says you either have to be natural born or reside as a citizen for 14 years to become president.................not be natural born and reside as a citizen for 14 years, the constitution just goes on to state what it means to be a natural born citizen for those with application in and/or disabilities who might choose to run one day who have not resided for fourteen years within the USA as a citizen.

I knew he would pull the rabbit out of the hat...He waited till he was running for a second term and then put blame on everyone who doubted him..It was his plan from the beginning have everyone wondering and if you noticed the topic was get getting bigger and bigger and his speech proved to me what a real snake he is.......So now he can say see I am a citizen and I as the president had to show my papers to prove it.All the naysayers were wrong and wanted to confuse my people....Now lets get out and Vote for me doubt me no more it is them you should doubt it is them that has put us where we are today!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6OO9
    It says you either have to be natural born or reside as a citizen for 14 years to become president.................not be natural born and reside as a citizen for 14 years, the constitution just goes on to state what it means to be a natural born citizen for those with application in and/or disabilities who might choose to run one day who have not resided for fourteen years within the USA as a citizen.
    U.S. Constitution-Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5--

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
    I don't see an OR in there about Natural born and 14 years. There is no OR, it is AND. There is no application to be a natural born citizen. One can apply to become a NATURALIZED citizen, which is different totally. That is someone NOT born here to citizen parents. Nothing there about disabilities either--where did you get that from?

Definition of a Natural born Citizen--

The Conclusive Definition Of "Natural-Born Citizen"

Natural-born citizens of the United States are those who are citizens of the United States from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their American citizenship. These are those whose parents are citizens of the United States at the time of their birth.

Natural-born American citizens are those born of American citizen parents, within or without the American Republic, provided in the latter case that one of the parents had resided in the United States prior to the birth of the child.
    Their American citizenship is natural, the result of parentage, and not artificial
    or acquired by compliance with legislative provisions.

A natural-born citizen is one not made by law or otherwise, but born. And this class is the large majority, in fact, the mass of our citizens; all others are exceptions specially provided for by law.

A natural-born citizen is defined as one whose citizenship is established by the jurisdiction which the United States already has over the parents of the child, not what is thereafter acquired by choice of residence in this country.

It is not necessary that a man should be born in this country, to be "a natural born citizen." It is only requisite he should be a citizen by birth, and that is the case with all the children of citizens who have ever resided in this country, though born in a foreign country.
    Natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens and naturalized citizens, are
    those born in the United States of parents who are citizens.

Natural-born citizens are also those born outside the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the birth of the child.

Hence, a child born abroad to two US citizen parents is a natural-born citizen: Provided, That at least one citizen parent had previously resided in the United States or one of its outlying possessions. U.S. Code: Title 8, 1401.

Society not being able to subsist and perpetuate itself, but by the children of its citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children, and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent.

A Natural Born Citizen is one who is born of citizen parents. A child born abroad to two US citizen parents is a natural-born citizen: Provided, That at least one citizen parent had a prior residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions. U.S. Code: Title 8, 1401.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is very important that people put on LONG-RANGE-PATRIOT THINKING CAPS:
    READ THIS:
    http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com ... rtificate/

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    It is very important that people put on LONG-RANGE-PATRIOT THINKING CAPS:
    READ THIS:
    http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com ... rtificate/
    Good article with excellent points. I don't think the Founding Fathers ever intended that the President hold dual citizenship because it splits his allegiance. I have questions as well about his time in Indonesia, where his parents supposedly had to give up citizenships other than Indonesian in order for Obama to be enrolled in school there, which he WAS enrolled.

"It sure is funny how he came up with it right when Trump started asking where the hell it was!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "It sure is funny how he came up with it right when Trump started asking where the hell it was!"
    Yes this is a desperate attempt to get Trump off the trail IMO. I am sure if Trump keeps digging around there is lots of dirt to be found.

April
    BORN IN THE USA?
    White House releases Obama 'birth certificate'
    Cites Kapiolani as location, father's race as 'African'
    Posted: April 27, 2011
    9:23 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WorldNetDaily

The White House today released a copy of President Obama's "Certificate of Live Birth," a document that for the first time claims Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital as the president's birth place.

Released by the White House

The White House confirmed the document as "proof positive" the president was born in Hawaii.

According to White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer, Obama decided the full document was needed because of the growing questions about the president's birth.

He described how there had been concern about the Internet "chatter" that had grown into a national political debate.

He said the president thought it was becoming a "distraction" from the issues that face the nation.

On April 22, Obama sent a letter to Hawaii authorities asking for the document.

"The President directed his counsel to review the legal authority for seeking access to the long form certificate and to request on that basis that the Hawaii State Department of Health make an exception to release a copy of his long form birth certificate. They granted that exception in part because of the tremendous volume of requests they had been getting," Pfeiffer said in a statement.

Real estate entrepreneur Donald Trump, a possible GOP Republican candidate in 2012, has been asking questions about Obama's documentation for several weeks now.

"First we have to look at the certificate," he said. "I want to look at it, but I hope it's true, so we can get to more important national issues."

"Why he didn't do it when the Clintons asked for it. Why he didn't do it when everyone else was asking about it, I don't know," he said.

President Barack Obama in the Oval Office April 4, 2011
    "You're going to have many people looking at it …. It's amazing that all of a sudden it materializes. Experts will look at it … and I'm very proud that I was able to bring this to a point."

The issue has been dogging Obama since before his election, and WND has reported on the multitude of lawsuits and other challenges to the president's tenure in the Oval Office. They center on his status as a "natural born citizen."

The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

If the document proves valid, it could answer the questions raised by those who have alleged he was not actually born in Hawaii. But it also could prove his ineligibility because of its references to his father. Some of the cases challenging Obama have explained that he was a dual citizen through his father at his birth, and they contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born citizens.

(Story continues below)

Joseph Farah, editor and chief executive officer of WND, the only news agency that has waged a relentless investigative campaign on questions swirling around the Obama’s eligibility for nearly three years, was elated at the turn of events.

"We're gratified that our work has begun to pay off," he said. "The certificate of live birth is an absolutely vital foundation for determining constitutional eligibility of any president. We look forward to reviewing it like so many other Americans do at this late date. But it is important to remember there are still dozens of other questions concerning this question of eligibility that need to be resolved to assure what has become a very skeptical public concerning Barack Obama’s parentage, his adoption, his citizenship status throughout his life and why he continues to cultivate a culture of secrecy around his life."

Obama, addressing the White House press corps, said, "Normally, I would not comment on something like this."

"We posted the certificate that is given by the state of Hawaii on the Internet for everybody to see. Provided an affidavit that they have seen it. Yet this thing just keeps on going."

He boasted of giving a speech about the budget and the nation's debt, but lamented, "during that entire week, the dominant news story wasn't about these huge monumental choices we have to make as a nation, it was about my birth certificate."

He said the nation can't solve problems if "we spend time vilifying each other … if we just make stuff up and pretend facts are not facts … if we get distracted by side shows and carnival barkers."

The Washington Times described Obama as "visibly frustrated" and noted that a recent CBS News-New York Times poll showed 45 percent of registered Republican voters believe Obama was not born in the U.S.

"I know that there's going to be a segment of people for which, no matter what we put out, this issue will not be put to rest, but I'm speaking to the vast majority of the American people," Obama said. "We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We've got better stuff to do. I've got better stuff to do."

Obama was scheduled today to travel to Chicago to appear on the Oprah television show.

"The news media and the political establishment were quick to rush to judgment regarding Obama's eligibility in 2008, without any basis. It would be a big mistake for everyone to jump to a conclusion now based on the release of this document, which raises as many questions as it answers," Farah added.

Read more: White House releases Obama 'birth certificate' http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=292165#ixzz1KkCfUBRu

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast