Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh, you're gonna love this load of....

Study Finds Latinos Are Twice As Likely To Perform Heroic Deeds

By Adrian Carrasquillo

Published January 14, 2011

Jan 12: Barack Obama greets Daniel Hernndez, the hero intern who saved Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. A new study says Hispanics are twice as likely as whites to perform heroic acts.

The past week has been spent trying to figure out why Daniel Hernandez ran towards gunfire to help a congresswoman. But according to a new study the reason for his heroic deed might be clear -- he is Latino.

A Stanford University study by Professor Emeritus Philip Zimbardo and his colleagues found that both blacks and Hispanics were twice as likely as whites to have performed heroic deeds, USA Today reported.

Zimbardo plans more research on the reasons for the ethnic and racial differences. He speculated that it could be due to "greater opportunities to respond" or possibly that "being discriminated against makes them have more compassion to others in need."

The nationally-representative sample of 4,000 adults found that 20 percent of respondents qualified as heroes who had helped during a dangerous emergency, taken a stand against injustice, or sacrificed for a stranger.

Zimbardo has a history of focusing his research on psychology in extreme situations. His controversial Stanford Prison Experiment proved that "terrifyingly normal" individuals can commit alarming atrocities. Students were assigned to be prison guards and inmates and took on the character of their roles.

Now, the Heroic Imagination Project aims to prove the opposite. That in all situations, these same people can speak out against evil and become heroes. And Latinos might just be leading the charge.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifest ... z1B6VxfFNq
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Glorification by race??? What next?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah! I knew you guys would love this, what a load of crap!
    We all see how many wars they helped us fight, the guy held her till the EMS
    got there. The little ol' lady Pat Maisch was the real hero and she got a 10sec.
    Hey! Thanks from the Obamanites, the woman peeled and I mean peeled his fingers open and made him drop that next clip and then raced him to it!
    She's my Great American Hero! This just seems to get worst for the home team don't it?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When I first read this, I thought it was a joke. There is no way this guy is a hero. I just can't get my mind around this!

This whole tradegy has been turned into a political game. From crap like this to bo's speech. That was not the time for t-shirts and campaigning.

My sympathy goes to the families and friends of those that lost their lives and the ones that are injured. They should of been and still be the major focus. This should be about them, not about a vote or lies about hispanics being more heroic. My goodness, when they have an accident do you see hispanics them running to the victum? Nope! They run away.

The first part of bo's speech was fine and well articulated. The second half was nothing but and for bo himself. Yea, like that's a big surprise!

Let's see a study conducted by a Latino and an article about it written by a Latino. Yeah, I'm a believer of the outcome, lol. NOT! Can they possibly get more arrogant? Funny how there have been so many more incidents reported in the media where it was whites that were the hereos. Oh, I guess Latinos are just being discrminated against and the media won't report about them.

Did we expect anything less from "The Race"?

Where is the proof? All this article has are statements, there are zero facts regarding the 4000 adults who they supposedly surveyed.

As a veteran of Vietnam I know the public was lied too on many accounts during the war one was that minorities were during the majority of fighting simply not true the stats clearly show the majority of those who died were white and yet the lies continue. The left exist on lies it is the only thing they have to go on.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

One only need look south of the border to see the evidence that Latinos are truly heroic. All those successful nations are what the USA can only aspire to become.

You only have to read the history written by the peoples of North and South America before the Europeans arrived.

(sarcasm off now)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Heroic! a hand full of drug dealers just came in and took your shit and you ran away pretty much like through out history!"
    And Viet-nam was mostly whites but blacks have fought side by side with us since the civil war! Calderon is a drug dealing coward!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    One only need look south of the border to see the evidence that Latinos are truly heroic. All those successful nations are what the USA can only aspire to become.

You only have to read the history written by the peoples of North and South America before the Europeans arrived.

(sarcasm off now)
    If they are such heroes then why can't they fix Mexico?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast