Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK. Where are the UNIONS!?

Especially in the construction business... why aren't unions organizing and joining the fight? My only guess is, like our sorry excuses for politicians, they're hoping to eventually pump more numbers into their ranks. Albeit, at the expense of their current memebers.

Any thoughts?
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Banned
    I don't know where you're located Ed, but here in the South construction unions are almost non-existent.

I think most unions are corrupt enough to sell out Americans for a more 'docile' workforce, they certainly SEEM to be pandering to the invasion.

Re: OK. Where are the UNIONS!?

Quote Originally Posted by edstate
    Especially in the construction business... why aren't unions organizing and joining the fight? My only guess is, like our sorry excuses for politicians, they're hoping to eventually pump more numbers into their ranks. Albeit, at the expense of their current memebers.

Any thoughts?
    Long ago, many unions decided that increasing membership was far more important than protecting their workers.

Hence, we have the unions embracing the illegals even as they drive down wages for union members.

However, increasing membership means higher pay for the union leaders as well as increased political clout, so everything works out just fine from their standpoint.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Unions are corrupt, and they are trying to pump up their numbers. Of course, by supporting illegals, they are working against a lot of their own people. But who cares, if they are legal citizens, right? They ask for too much! Down with unions!!!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Yeah. I hate to say it, but I agree. At one time unions served a purpose. However lately it seems they're more of a problem than a solution.

A good friend of mine is a general contractor in Philly, and he complains all the time he has two horrible choices for labor: unions, who are lazy and overpaid, and illegals, who do a bad job and are, well, illegal. ...He usually ends up doing a lot of the work himself.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Greed has destroyed the usefulness of unions. They really don't stick together nor stand up for each other, like a UNION is supposed to.

April
    TyRANTosaur:

Greed has destroyed the usefulness of unions. They really don't stick together nor stand up for each other, like a UNION is supposed to.

Absolutely, the good they were originally designed to do has been lost in the corruption.

Correct. That is why when I refer to a worker's union, I pronounce it "onion". They stink!

MW
    The changing views of unions have angered many members, especially workers in manufacturing, transportation and the automotive industry. For the most part, it's union leadership that is pushing for amnesty, not the citizen union workers. Actually, in a lot of cases, the union leadership is doing this against the wishes of due paying members. Of course the leadership feels the unions will become completely obsolete should it ignore the illegal immigrant workforce that is pouring into our country.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hand me a pitchfork! Bring a torch over here. I think I saw one go that aways>>>>>>>>>>>
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast