Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Loservillelabor wrote:

Hand me a pitchfork! Bring a torch over here. I think I saw one go that aways>>>>>>>>>>>

The unions (besides wanting to up there numbers) still subscribe to the Workers of the World doctrine that workers need to unite (union) to fight oppression by unscrupulous employers.

An illegals citizenship has nothing to do with the fact he is a worker first, in union thinking. The problem is like most sloganeering one size ideology does not fit all. (my country right or wrong, remember that one )

The unions recently have been speaking out against employers of illegal aliens.

One thing that has puzzeled me is why the unions have not been sued by members opposing illegal immigration for using members dues and political money to knowingly aid and abet illegals. Not only could they be held liable but would probably lose there 5oo tax status.

The unions should focus there money on unscrupulous employers who hire illegals. These are the same pigs who try to break unions anyway.

More and more union members are seeing the "organize illegals" as a stratagy that is backfiring.

Union membership may be our biggest alies in 08. We should court the membership and investigate the leadership. It is only money and a few private investigators away.

Im pro union but po'd at the fact their leaders are dancing down the higway to hell. It is like the chamber of commerce has infiltrated.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

As previously stated, unions were made with the best of intentions. However, they get invaded by greed and corruption. I especially take offense to their defense of illegals. Imagine, union leaders actually supporting a Republican president's policy. Too bad it is bad policy.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    As previously stated, unions were made with the best of intentions. However, they get invaded by greed and corruption. I especially take offense to their defense of illegals. Imagine, union leaders actually supporting a Republican president's policy. Too bad it is bad policy.
    Right. And businesses, governments, and all the organizations created by man don't? Seems the union, business, and government leaders deserve the blame? Greed and corruption coupled with failure of checks and balances within a democratic republic seem to be the problem. We are all union members, that Union being the United States of America. Do you really want to break The Union?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. You do need a system of checks and balances. Corruption is in business, government, etc. I think we need to work to find the corruption and get it out.

Politicians promise to do what is best, but we know some do not. We can vote them out, or scandal can force them out. They could also stay until they retire or die. But, we know they can be snakes.

Businesses can be crooked. I've been mistreated, myself. I quit, and find a better company.

Unions promise to support the worker. Sometimes you are forced to join or you can forget about it. Yet, if they strike and you don't, because you actually need a job, you are a scab or a traitor. Either you are in or you are out.

Why do they revolt? Mistreatment from the bosses? Yes. But is that because they are being mistreated, or is it because the union bosses want more power. The businesses and the unions SHOULD work together, as they depend on each other. But, in the end, it is the exec's business, and they can make it as successful or as screwed-up as they want it.

I respect and understand your opinions about unions. I hope you are a part of a good, strong union that works with the employer. If so, I would say it is truly a good, strong union.

in the end, it is the exec's business, and they can make it as successful or as screwed-up as they want it.
    I would submit that the same should apply to the corporate elite driving our country then.

I should quit find another country I suppose?

Either you are in or you are out.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't see how you can compare this nation to a labor union. Yes, there are some similarities, but that is a HUGE stretch. So what about those businesses that don't have unions? Are they controlled by totalitarian regimes, brutal dictators, ruthless monarchies?

I support labor unions that do what is best for the business and employees. I have seen unions that force employees to join and yet don't do anything useful for their people, just taking in dues to support political agendas. The teacher's unions are a prime example.

Just because there is corruption within the ranks of our political and business elite, does not mean it is ok within the labor union leadership.

Unions at one time were a force to be reckoned with. They number 35% of the population at one time. Now they are lucky if they represent 10% of the population. Workers forgot how hard their great grandfathers fought so they could make a decent wage. The scandal of the Teamsters involved with the mafia was a big blow to labor but not the most harmful. The mafia has always been involved with labor. That is how they became so powerful. They had muscle......
    The biggest blow to unions was back when Regan was President and the air traffic controllers went on strike when their contract had a no strike clause. Regan ordered them back to work but they refused. He then had the Supreme Court reinterpret the strike laws to include the wording "The employer has the right to replace the striking workers".
    This was the single most fatal blow to Unions in the history of labor. Through the years of deregulation many businesses went out of business and as car dealers merged they formed auto plaza's that needed less workers. Manufacturing left the United States leaving Union jobs to wither in the breeze.
    Now Unions are taking anyone they can get to boost membership. For only having less then 10% of the population that are union, they feel they have to do something. Government has passed so many laws against workers it is not even funny anymore.
    So the next time anyone says what happened to the unions....... if you are not union then look in the mirror........... and ask yourself why you are not involved in the labor movement, and why are you not a Union member.......
    We have only ourselves to blame.

Michael
    Former Executive board member of the Machinists Union.
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

YOU forget one thing my friend............

It is YOU and the members that are the union........ Not the people in the office at the union hall.

My question is how do you support Unions, and do attend the meetings regularly?
    Do you walk pickets in your free time? Do you Take a few days of your vacation and lobby in DC?

Just remember, YOU are the union and YOU need to get ACTIVE in your union.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    I don't see how you can compare this nation to a labor union. Yes, there are some similarities, but that is a HUGE stretch. So what about those businesses that don't have unions? Are they controlled by totalitarian regimes, brutal dictators, ruthless monarchies?

I support labor unions that do what is best for the business and employees. I have seen unions that force employees to join and yet don't do anything useful for their people, just taking in dues to support political agendas. The teacher's unions are a prime example.

Just because there is corruption within the ranks of our political and business elite, does not mean it is ok within the labor union leadership.
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

Unions have lost their luster. They are controled by activists with their own agendas. The teacher's unions support gay activism and pro-abortion issues, and they expect the members to agree. Many members that I have dealt with do not. States have pursued the idea of allowing teachers to work without them having to pay dues to the unions due to these issues.

How does a strike help the business or the economy? How does it help the workers? Yes, sometimes the workers get their way. Yes, sometimes they have legitimate reasons for striking. But are most strikes truly in the best interest of the country?

All I am saying, is these unions MUST work in the best interest of the business and it's members. In the end, THAT is what is best for the union of the people that makes up the United States.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast