Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I remember many many years ago, my business rep said these words to me when I was a steward.
    "You can be right 100% of the time, but if an employer wants to get rid of you they will."

That was before I was on the executive board lol...... the employer feared me then lol and I don't know why either...... they were under the empression I had alot of power in the union and could make things misserable for them............ hummmmmm how wrong they were lol.

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Makes no sence to put a business out of business. There are also ways to deal with bad members to that get fired. You have to represent them no matter if they deserved it or not, but the level of representation seems to play a factor in some cases of bad employees........... if you get my drift.
    Glad you brought that up Michael. People don't all know that the law of the land requires that every union member get representation. No employer keeps an employee they really don't want despite what you might hear. I've served as steward and have been drifted a time or two.
    Stupid is as stupid does....... follow the law and if the lawmakers can't, then we need to boot them out of office..........

You are absolutely right. People need to speak out against corruption, wherever it may be. Unions are only as good as the people that run them and those that make up the membership. Same with government and big business.

I am glad to say I am not one of the couch potatoes. Because I am now self-employed, it has allowed me the time to do political activism. I've had to combat the passiveness of old-timers who make the nostalgic vote. It is very frustrating, but only gives me more desire to fight.

I tried to get a union started for a company I worked for in Houston, but I was the only one who tried to buck the system. I didn't know how to start one, but no one else seemed to be interested, though they disliked the treatment by management (and still do). The teacher's unions are being fought. From what I have read, I don't think union leadership has gotten the memo yet.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Promise not to try and organize you

We've got to get along as Americans. I've had to move right to find people that will save America and I'm gaining understanding. I've not found monsters that the political parties and media portrayed all these years, just people. We can learn from each other. This fight seems very familiar to me in so many ways. It's money and power vs. me and you. We can make our demands known, but in the end all we've got is our butt on that street to back it up.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Michael45

We need you hear. On immigration, The membership is changing and does not want to aid illegals. I talk to a carpenter union official and some food workers.

I am retired but looking to get my foot in the door with an afl union, to try to influnce on the subject of immigration. It was almost hilarious when I tried to join the United food and commercial 2 years ago and offered to help them organize. Most of the people I talked to in the office could not spell cat if you spotted them the c and the t.

We need to work within the unions for change. Those who belive in union principals should join (dues are usally small). One more outlet to influnce many at one time. And, Those who are financing much of the illegal organizing.

Do understand the unions have made clear there opposition to replacing american workers with illegals and Hb1 types.

Union rank and file are ususally not the problem. When I was a president in afscme most of the arm twisting came from staff.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Simply. These illegals are seen as new recruits to the unions.
    D.W.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234