Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BOOTSIE!!! LOL--that's terrible, but kinda funny. I agree it's partially the Catholic thing, but it's also just them and their values. A lot of Mexican Nationals look down on Americans because they feel we treat our pets better than we treat our family members. It's true. Family is everything to them and to their credit, most Mexicans, regardless of money or education level, are great parents.

On the other hand, I find the way most Mexicans treat their animals absolutely despicable. If you get outside the tourist traps in Mexico, you will find starving dogs and pigs all over the place. During my last trip to the Yucatan rain forrest, I ate almost nothing because I would hide food under my shirt and give it to the poor little pups I saw. One dog had a pronounced limp but was so sweet I wanted to bring him home with me. I reached down to pet him and discovered someone had slit his throat. The cut had healed over--he somehow survived.

So anyway the whole cultural values scenario is different. If you go to the Barrios of Texas, you will see starving strays everywhere. If a dog gets sick, they just dump it. Dog fighting is bigtime, too. And they looooove pitbulls.

Oh boy, BobC--you really hit a nerve with me there! I see poor, starving dogs in my own town and, almost always, it appears that they are at Hispanic homes. In fact, a few months ago, my son was at our local lake fishing. He said he usually doesn't even go to that area of the lake because every person he sees is a Mexican. While he was there, a beautiful but emaciated dog wandered up to him. He was just PITIFUL. He was starving, mangy and covered with fleas and ticks. And, he was a pure-blooded Brittany spaniel. He put the dog in the car and took it to my other son who owns enough acreage to keep a bunch of animals and is always taking in abused animal. We checked the paper daily for weeks to see if anyone had reported this dog missing. I went to all of the stores in the area where he was found to see if anyone had posted a sign. I also left my name and number just in case anyone did inquire about a lost dog. We never heard another word so "Rocky" became a member of our family. My son said he would just bet that it belonged to some Mexican who decided they just didn't want to feed him or care for him so they just put him out there.

This attitude about animals seems to be common as you suggested and that attitude doesn't fly in America where we revere our pets. Very good point, BobC.

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of my tongue-in-cheek suggestion about the "Spay and Neuter Clinics"!! It does sound a little cruel but this country cannot continue to absorb this population explosion perpetrated by these illegals who then produce anchor babies that WE are having to support.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Good for your son. I hate cruelty to animals. Dog fighting is getting so bad in Texas that the HUmane Society tells you never to give away puppies for free in the newspaper, because dog fighters will take them to use as "practice." My friend Fisa, who is Latino, has a pitbull she saved from her own parents. It got mange and the parents were just gonna dump it, so Fisa took him in. She told me "Bob, I hate to say it, but Hispanics are the worst. I am trying to teach my parents..."

I have heard the same thing about Hispanics buying those dogs like pit bulls or Rottweilers and using them for fighting. That is just THE MOST cruel thing I've ever heard. One county in North Carolina is talking about banning pit bulls. I think what they need to do is ban the dogs' owners.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

We live on a ranch, about 1/2 mile off the loop. Before every holiday we get a variety of dogs abandoned at our gate ( cats, too). At one point we had 14 EXTRA dogs here and four of our own.

We've seen some stuff, let me tell you. Someone put out an old german shepard with hip dysplasia so bad she could hardly walk..and she was blind as well. The wind that day was -2. She was grateful to be put in a warm barn but she never fully recovered.

We had a pittbull find her way to our porch...so starved she could no longer stand, her throat revealed that she had recently been fought, her teeth revealed that she was a 'sacrifice dog'...they'd been filed off so that if she bit it wouldn't hurt. She whined piteously when I found her lying limply on our porch. I rushed back in and got food and water for her...my first utterance being OMG, Miss Dog...that became her name...Miss Dog...and a very fine dog she turned out to be, too.

We have a pitt out there now that guards the horses...dumped here abused and starved, wearing a very tight wide red collar...since he trusts no one we had to trap him to cut that collar off as it was choking him...

And the stories could go on all morning about the plight of the animals...sometimes I'm ashamed of my fellow humans.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

So incredibly sad. You are a very kind person to take those abused animals in and give them loving homes. This fighting of dogs is just something that goes beyond my understanding. What POSSIBLE pleasure could any human find in that? In my mind, that is just as bad and should be punishable to the same extent, as child abuse.

You can judge a society's moral progress by the way they treat their animals. Gandhi.

I saw a segment on "Heartland" with John Kasich last night on Fox where he interviewed Mr. Levy, the Nassau County, NY executive who evicted those 60 illegals from the house where they were defecating in the yard. He said that the neighbors were elated when the country stepped in and ARRESTED the slumlord who owned this house and others. BUT, he said the furor started when the media got involved and stirred the pot. The media started playing the "racial card" so now Nassau County officials are taking the case before the Grand Jury in hopes they will reinforce the position of the county officials who stepped in and remedied this situation. They also hope by so doing, it will set a precedent for future actions both in their county and all over the country.

I say HOORAY for that Nassau county executive who had the courage of his convictions and ridded the county of at least one "Hispanic Hotel" or should I say "Hispanic HOVEL"???

I say hooray to that also. I'm sorta stunned that they need a Grand Jury to meet since an official has FINALLY enforced the law.

Can you imagine how those neighbors felt about this filth? Gah...

How can we send an email in support of Levy??

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Lawyers don't oppose immigration because it means getting laid less, and less invitations to cocaine parties.

-n
    "It is difficult to overcome the reflexes of national identity. But you will get there."

Bill Clinton, Paris, 8/9/2005

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast