Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

here in illinois, the illegal situation is getting so bad private schools are popping up all over the place. then you get to pay for the illegals and then you pay again for your own kids. WE CAN NOT ELECT ANOTHER OPEN BORDERS TRAITOR!!!!!!!! no one wants a 3rd world education for their kids but thanks to our government that is becoming all we can hope for.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Legally there was a stupid Supreme Court ruling from 1986 which said that all children in the US (legal or illegal) had a right to a free public education.

However the fact that these kids aren't even living in the country let alone the district like they should be is your only way of stopping this.

I would try and get evidence of the bus picking them up at the border + photos of the mexican plates.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

That's right the only way an illegal can attend school is if they legally reside in the US and can prove it which is why everyone has to fill out residency verification forms before the start of the school year. It is common practice for people in mexico to come across every morning to send their kids to our schools and it has to be stopped. I don't see the reasoning behind allowing any person who is not a US citizen to take up a seat in a classroom when they do not belong in this country, just like the jobs providing a FREE education is also a magnet for these people to be here and the government does nothing to curtail this problem. If we only had to provide an education for true US citizens the classes would be smaller and teachers would be paid more and it would be a better atmosphere to learn in. There would be no need for ESL classes that taxpayers pay for and why should our kids have to pay for the mistakes and the inaction of this goverment to act on behalf of its citizens? Why don't they make the kids who cannot comprehend English to go to summer school and be held back until they can be in a classroom with other students? Why should my child's education be dumbed down just because someone hopped on over or over stayed their visa? Everyone always says the future of this country is our children, well the future looks pretty bleak. I'd be interested to compare test scores of schools who have no or limited children in esl classes and no or limited children of illegals comparted to those who have an influx of children in esl classes and where most parents second language is english. I bet if compared those schools who are not greatly affected by the illegal immigrant population has higher test scores than those that are, that's just common sense. And the government wonders why the US cannot compete with other countries when it comes to comparing testing on education levels, that's what happens when you allow people from the third world to overrun your education system. The third world does not rise to meet the standards of a first world nation, it drags down the first world nation until they are equal.

bumping up
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Nov. 1, 1999
    URL: http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/11/01/elpaso

The truth about Texas school reform

Has George W. Bush made his state's education system a model for the nation?

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Joan Walsh

If Texas' statewide school-reform achievements are noteworthy, El Paso's are stunning. Pebble Hills' demographics are matched by the city as a whole. It's the fifth-poorest congressional district in the nation. Two-thirds of its 135,000 students live in poverty, half enter school speaking only limited English and about 10 percent cross the Mexican border from dusty, polluted Juarez every day.

This article is from 1999. Apparently, even back in 1999, approximately 13,500 students were not living in El Paso, but Juarez, MX and crossing to claim "their" free education. I wonder how many are crossing daily now. I just can't believe that NOTHING is being done to stop this! Don't the taxpayers complain? It's bad enough that kids of non taxpaying illegals can attend, but even students who live in a foreign country, not even in the US illegally but in a foreign country, are allowed and encouraged (by the "special" sidewalk built for them) to attend school? Are they allowed to attend field trips? What if they are hurt? How/where are their parents contacted? Even if they are US citizens, they don't have the "right" to attend these schools if they are living in Mexico, as they aren't residents, so why aren't they identified from a video by the special sidewalk entrance and why isn't the resident whose address is being used billed or jailed? Don't the parents need to show a utility bill or something when they sign the kid up? Whoever is allowing their address to be used illegally should be billed for each year the kid has been in school, with liens placed against their homes if they own. Education is expensive, the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for Mexicans. I live "near" TX, but I can't send my kids to school in TX because even though we are American, we aren't residing in TX. Just imagine how much better El Paso students' education would be if there were 13,500 less students competing for teachers' time and attention, and 13,500 x $7000 each per year - (a low estimate for ESL students) plus $ for all the schools that won't need to be built to accomodate Mexicans, extra in the school budget each year. Do they claim they don't have the money to go after these students, and remove them from school and send them back to their own country? It wouldn't cost $7,000 per foreign student (plus, again, all the money they need to build more schools) to investigate. Are the parents names still on the utility bills? If they are, is there a reason why their children are on video crossing into the US from Mexico? (should Child Protective Services ask the parents why they allow 5, 6, 7 year olds to cross into a foreign country each day?) I just don't see how anyone, even pro-illegal, could possibly condone this. I hear about how teachers deserve more pay. Well, look where their pay is going. It's going to educate a foreign country's kids and they claim NOTHING can be done?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123