Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't know about HD in your area but in our town HD is DEAD. No cutomers at all. Not sure what that is about but they sure do not get the buisness. Lowes looks like a ant hill all the time. all ways packed. I have never seen a day laborer around either one here. I do think the local police would roust them out. They do not seem to have much tolerence for that type of behavior. I am having my home re-roofed right now. I took bids from seven contractors and asked everyone of them if their crews were legal. I only had one that acted suprised when asked that. I made it clear that my money would not be going to support any illegal worker. I ended up hiring a man that has been doing it for over 30 years and his sons are his crew. Funny thing about all this is HD came out and gave me a estimate and I didn't even have to ask him about his workers. He said all his workers are leagal and have had back ground checks run. Maybe enough people are asking and demanding leagal workers now to make a difference? We can only hope.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Quote Originally Posted by TEXLEGAL1
    I don't know about HD in your area but in our town HD is DEAD. No cutomers at all. Not sure what that is about but they sure do not get the buisness. Lowes looks like a ant hill all the time. all ways packed. I have never seen a day laborer around either one here. I do think the local police would roust them out. They do not seem to have much tolerence for that type of behavior. I am having my home re-roofed right now. I took bids from seven contractors and asked everyone of them if their crews were legal. I only had one that acted suprised when asked that. I made it clear that my money would not be going to support any illegal worker. I ended up hiring a man that has been doing it for over 30 years and his sons are his crew. Funny thing about all this is HD came out and gave me a estimate and I didn't even have to ask him about his workers. He said all his workers are leagal and have had back ground checks run. Maybe enough people are asking and demanding leagal workers now to make a difference? We can only hope.

I agree keep asking when you need work done. My in-laws just fired their gardner because of it.

Our take on HD is that they may be getting ready to sell the company. They have cut staffing and hours in most stores that we know of which is cutting the help for the customers. We believe they are trying to make their bottom line look better by cutting expenses. The old CEO really hurt the business. They may just be trying to get a good feel what the truth of the health of the business is and trying to reset it or sell it. Not sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bowman I think that's a great idea. Plus if my information from open secrets.org is right here is Pelosi's address:

235 Montgomery St.
    Suite 610
    San Francisco, CA 94104
    415-788-8600

It could just be the mailing address for her tax returns

Check out page 18 of the open secrets.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006 ... 0_2006.pdf
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I drive by a Home Depot on my way to another store in the shopping center, they whoop and hollar and make obscene gestures.

I yell INS.

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinot
    When I drive by a Home Depot on my way to another store in the shopping center, they whoop and hollar and make obscene gestures.

I yell INS.
    ROFLMBO

I yell INS.

Video tape it, then call HD, police, I.C.E., city-county government officials, etc!

I yell INS.
    Next time yell, MIGRA!
    "

AE

Gogo, I think he has the wink and not just to make sure the clean-ip gets done. That is how most people who do not see anythign wrong with this are. As well, yes I often wondered if some nut job is going to start doing that. These guys will ust jump into any vehicle, and if offered $$$$ they willingly drive off without any knowledge of where they are going and whom they are with, it is just too risky I think.

TEXLEGAL1, Thank you for taking the time to ask and be sure your roof was done by Americans. EVERY little bit counts, and it all begins to add up against illegal immigration.

BTW Gogo.......I am SO glad you in-laws made sure who they employed to do their yard work was legal.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Just want to thank ALL of you for the great advice! I totally agree that it has to be videotaped first of all...Since I don't have a video camera, I am going to bring my daughter with me to videotape, but we have to wait til the week-end, since she is working long hours all week.

Incidentally, my daughter had the same experience at the same HD a few weeks ago! She was scared to death and decided that she needs to purchase some mace for protection!

The IA's are getting desparate for money now, and more and more neighborhoods are forming neighborhood watch groups now because IA's are starting to cruise white neighborhoods looking for houses to rob while people are working. Gardeners know when their customers are not home and it seems they are linked to many robberies on the Westside.

We are heading for big trouble...and I'm getting it from the horse's mouth (our neighborhood police captain). Everyone needs to become pro-active, especially in your neighborhoods!

Will keep you posted on the HD situation.

JAK
    I received a response from the email I send to Home Depot regarding illegal aliens hanging out in their parkling lots "pestering their customers" to unload their carts, etc... so thought I would share it incase any of you would like to respond!

Consumer Affairs <consumeraffairs@homedepot.com>

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting The Home Depot and sharing your thoughts
    regarding day laborers. We sincerely appreciate hearing from all of our
    customers.

The Home Depot supports legal immigration to the United States and does
    not support illegal immigration. The existence of day laborers is a
    complex social issue beyond The Home Depot's control. To provide our
    customers with a safe and convenient shopping experience, we prohibit
    solicitation on our store property by any group or individual.

To address these and other concerns related to day laborers on our
    property, Home Depot diligently works with civic groups, local
    governments, government agencies, law enforcement and other businesses
    to determine tangible solutions to this social issue. Home Depot's
    principal concern on this issue is safety for all persons.

Some local governments believe that The Home Depot can address this
    issue alone and are mandating various accommodations for day laborers.
    This approach is not sustainable. Only when local governments, community
    groups, non-profits, law enforcement and businesses work together in
    partnership can solutions be found.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Amon
    Customer Care
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast