Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"These are hard working people who came here for a better life"....blahblahblah "and we have to be fair and treat everyone the same, or that would be profiling wouldnt it Dick?....blahblahblah "and that wouldnt be friendly would it"....blahblahblah "and America is built on immigrants and their hard work"...blahblahblah "and let me be clear, this is not AMNESTY. No sir, I will not reward anyone who broke the law, AMNESTY"...blahblahblah "but let me be clear, family values dont stop at the Rio Grande".

Oh wait, you forgot "To do jobs Americans won't do"
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Truism,

A real good place to leave a few articles is in the bathroom
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Hi Truism,

Here's the argument I use to explain/outline exactly what is happening to those who are seemingly indifferent to illegal immigration.

imagine if you will you own your own home. you may or may not have a family, but it's still your home. now the govt is allowing people to come and lve in your house even tho it's illegal and are doing nothing about removing them. they're even going out of their way to make it legal for this person to stay in your house. the person living there now has just invited family/friends to live with him in your house to make matters worse. in return for the room he does a little house work for you (they all do), but you are now forced to pay additional living expenses on his and his family's behalf. you pay for water, electricity, gas, food, cloting, and medical expenses. now even tho they are working to help offset the cost of staying at your place, the cost of keeping them there far outweighs what they are putting back in.

this usually gets people to start at the very least looking into what illegal immigration is costing us. at least it has for me in my arguments against the apathetic types. i hope it helps you (or anyone else) out.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    I love that one. I've quashed this argument so many times by showing those who use it that it isn't fair to be payed sub standard wages for any job. IT professionals seem to catch onto this one much quicker because of the whole H1B thing and outsourcing to India.

We don't have to convince everyone, just 1/3rd of the population to make this their #1 issue.

Supposedly in 1776, only 1/3rd of Americans wanted to be independent, 1/3rd wanted to remain a colony, and 1/3rd didn't care one way or the other. The 1/3rd that was most passionate prevailed.

Truism, I share your frustration and completely understand. I used to be a passive person myself but just this last year I finally realized how big this issue is. I was reading Michael Savage's newest book and his chapter on illegal immigration got me interested in the whole thing. The more I looked at it, the more frustrated I became that not much was being done. As of now, I've made it my number one issue and even dropped prior involvements in college to run a student group about the issue.

It seems to me that most people who don't care just look at the issue as one of "fairness" to the illegals who come over here for work. Now, I don't blame them for wanting work. My family has owned printing and binding companies for a long time and I've talked to immigrants on visas that are here to work. Many of them are really nice people, hard workers, and just wanting to make an honest living. Unfortuantly, I think many Americans see that and think the situation with illegals is just the same. I know its frustrating because there is nothing "fair" about letting millions of illegals suck money from the government and hurt the employment chances of our poor citizens and legal immigrants.

Keep up the fight though, its good that other college students are trying to educate people on this (assuming you're a college student).

hey guys, been out for a while, sorry wasnt able to reply to each of your posts individually.. will just say that here in my hometown, i know there is a problem with illegals, not on the level of the border towns, but im sure still significant. One other thing is that whatever drugs get smuggled through TX from the MExican border, gets transported through the interstate system in my state, especially in my home town.

As for people who seem passive, all I can do is preach what I know and move on. If I was rich, I'd buy a few billboards and get the word out more.

Virginiamama wrote:
    yeah, I've heard that many times, burns me up... so not true.. no legal citizen should have to work for slave wages.

daydreamer, there are twenty million illegal immigrants in this country.
    curious what percentage of that is hispanic... I suspect a large #, just curious if anyone knows

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    curious what percentage of that is hispanic... I suspect a large #, just curious if anyone knows
    85%. From INS estimates of "unauthorized resident" population.

85%. From INS estimates of "unauthorized resident" population.
    I don't find that a hard figure to believe. Since there aren't a couple thousand Italians, Irish, Arab, Indian, Chinese, etc, in the schools expecting us to hire teachers to teach their kids, but there are more and more schools going to bi-lingual classrooms, I'd say that a disproportionate number of the illegals are, indeed, hispanic. At the same time they are here demanding that we educate their kids, it seems incongruous that the Hispanics are the ones who care the least about their kids or they wouldn't be dragging them through the deserts to invade this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

common

I have this issue with so many people, here is what I say,... despite our enormous debt our government has incurred, the likelihood that we will pay anyone we owe is highly unlikely, at least not with anything but inflated dollars that we print. Money spent on illegals by the States through federal coercion represents YOUR money. These unfunded federal mandates are paid out of STATE coffers, DIRECTLY your money, from your taxes. The feds ARE NOT paying the States back for monies they spend on illegals, and thusly ARE NOT spending on you, the State taxpayer.
    So, last time I checked the only group able to print money out of thin air is the feds, (and assorted meth freaks good at counterfeiting).

Point: The monies paid towards illegals is DIRECTLY your money, and as such you are being taxed without representation for people that are defacto felons, to pay for their "needs". Federal money is printed at will, we as people at the State level have "earn" all of our money.

What the illegals need is a Revolution in their own country, that dump south of our border. That is what we, and our federal govt. should be encouraging. g

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast