Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by rmsings
    OK so this may come off as a stupid question, cause I am in a primary state and do not really understand caucus'. When your candidate that you are a delegate for is eliminated are you still able to caucus?
    Yep. Paul was eliminated during the first round of voting because he came in last place. The Paul supporters decided to throw their support to Huckster, an open borders lib, during the second round in exchange for three delegates. Obviously, illegal immigration is far less important to Paul supporters than they would lead you to believe.

Ron Paul didn't win any delegates in West Virginia today. The 18 went to Huckabee. The 9 in the May primary are mostly up for grabs.

http://www.keyetv.com/content/news/topn ... cc0cf6a264

If you can't trust CBS, who can you trust?

Where is there any confirmation of an avenue by which Paul could get three delegates for the convention? The remaining are by primary vote.

Well not this Paul supporter, but I can't speak for the West Virginia supporters. And to be honest, if I did not live in Arkansas and know Hucks history, I would probably have believed him, especially after he signed that agreement with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    If this is true then the Ron Paul strategy is they plan to capitalize on many more disaffected GOP voters if McCain wins.

W
    Ron Pauls strategy has been a brokered convention where he will finally have a chance for Americans to hear his message since he has been censored by the MSM.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Ron Pauls strategy has been a brokered convention where he will finally have a chance for Americans to hear his message since he has been censored by the MSM.
    I agree. He might even pull off Alaska and Montana today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I agree. He might even pull off Alaska and Montana today.
    Alaskans are rooting for RP and they do not like the way he has been censored at all.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    A vote for Huckster is a vote for McCain.
    A vote for Paul is a vote for McCain.
    A vote for McCain is a vote for amnesty.

I can't wait to hear the Paul supporters defend this move. They slime Romney for weeks on end for supposedly being a CFR member and then throw their support to a CFR member. Something smells rotten in Denmark.
    It was done to increase the chances or a brokered convention, remember all three neocons are the same for us, with some minor differences.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    A vote for Huckster is a vote for McCain.
    A vote for Paul is a vote for McCain.
    A vote for McCain is a vote for amnesty.

I can't wait to hear the Paul supporters defend this move. They slime Romney for weeks on end for supposedly being a CFR member and then throw their support to a CFR member. Something smells rotten in Denmark.
    It was done to increase the chances or a brokered convention, remember all three neocons are the same for us, with some minor differences.
    The only one I see it helping is McCain

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Did anyone bother to check these links and sources before commenting

I just did a quick scan of the first link and found no text about Paul cutting a deal or getting delegates out of WV.

Please cite me the direct link and post the direct text please.

W
    The copied portion of the webpage that was linked to by the first link is still available at that webpage. It is located in the portion of the webpage that I have copied below. It is now near the top of the postings on that portion of the webpage.

Remote Reporter
    Scott Saxton, WSAZ
    Reporting via cell phone through Twitter.com.
    Former state senator steve harrison is accepting for huck about 2 hours ago
    Its official-Huck wins about 2 hours ago
    Romneys people want a roll call vote now about 2 hours ago
    huck in this 2nd round about 2 hours ago
    Michael wooten just confirmed with ron pauls people that paul will get three national delegates from huckabee in exchange for throwing h ... about 2 hours ago
    He told wsazs amanda barren that he was heading home to arkansas to vote about 3 hours ago
    Huckabee is not here to accept about 3 hours ago
    They will tally the votes and hucks people will speak about 3 hours ago
    Mccain is definitely out now about 3 hours ago
    Supporters say they did the math and huck will win wv about 3 hours ago
    Romney takes kanawha about 3 hours ago
    Through 10 counties it is obvious mccain is out after this round about 3 hours ago
    Huck gets cabell about 3 hours ago
    Boone goes huck about 3 hours ago
    2nd round now about 3 hours ago
    The strategy is this: mccain helps huckabee win and stops romney from getting an early win on super tuesday about 3 hours ago
    Those folks hid the signs when we tried to get video about 3 hours ago
    Mccain staff members have signs telling their delegates to vote Huckabee now about 3 hours ago
    We are back from lunch and ready to go about 3 hours ago
    Paul is eliminated as the lowest vote getter about 4 hours ago

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/pol ... s_del.html
    Paul claims delegates in West Virginia
    Link|Comments (0) Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor February 5, 2008 05:22 PM
    The West Virginia Republican convention, the first contest of Super Tuesday, gets curiouser and curiouser.

Ron Paul's campaign claimed late this afternoon that it had secured three of the 18 delegates through a deal with Mike Huckabee to help put him above the 50 percent threshold.

John McCain's camp had already claimed credit for throwing its support to Huckabee to stop Mitt Romney from winning the 18 delegates. McCain finished third, and Paul fell off the ballot after finishing fourth in the first round of voting. Romney led the first round of voting, but only had 41 percent.

"Our goal is to secure as many delegates to the national GOP convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul as possible," said Paul 2008 campaign manager Lew Moore. "Securing three delegates in West Virginia is an important step in that direction. We plan on locking up more delegates before the day ends."

But Huckabee's campaign did not confirm any such deal with Paul.

Instead, in response to Romney's claims of a backroom deal, the Huckabee camp told him to stop whining. "Two days ago, the New York Giants pulled off the greatest upset in Super Bowl history," Huckabee said in a statement issued by his campaign. "Today, as pundits write my political obituary, we won a key Super Tuesday victory."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast