Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: McCain and Paul supporters

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Ron Paul supporters joined with John McCain supporters to give a win to Mike Huckabee in West Virginia.

Ron Paul supporters joined with the supporters of pro-amnesty John McCain to give a win to pro-amnesty Mike Huckabee.
    If we are going to blame Paul for giving West Virginia to Huckabee, I guess we can also thank Romney supporters for joining forces with McCain, Rudy, and Huckabee to give McCain Louisiana.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Re: YES..

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    Yes. it is allowed. The candidates can give their delegates to whomever they choose.
    I'm sorry but this is no better than rigging the voting machine. Those delegates are representative of people's votes and were not intended to be traded like baseball cards. Boy, if it isn't a vote miscount, it's something else. This is how the CFR will win and how democracy will loose, people. The CFR is calling the shots. You never heard of candidates pulling this carp 30 years ago..when things were a tad more honest. There should be no trading and bartering of delegates. Our whole voting process is corrupt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: McCain and Paul supporters

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Ron Paul supporters joined with John McCain supporters to give a win to Mike Huckabee in West Virginia.

Ron Paul supporters joined with the supporters of pro-amnesty John McCain to give a win to pro-amnesty Mike Huckabee.
    If we are going to blame Paul for giving West Virginia to Huckabee, I guess we can also thank Romney supporters for joining forces with McCain, Rudy, and Huckabee to give McCain Louisiana.
    There was no second round of voting in the Louisiana caucuses. Mitt Romney supporters voted for Mitt Romney and did not join the supporters of any other campaign.

Ron Paul supporters in West Virginia chose to support the pro-illegal alien and pro-amnsty Mike Huckabee when presented with a choice between Mike Huckabee and anti-amnesty Mitt Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by rmsings
    You should not make a blanket statement about Paul supporters, that is like making a blanket statement that McCain is the only choice for the war.
    It would only be a blanket statement if I said that "all" Ron Paul supporters placed a low priority on illegal immigration. But judging from the posts on this forum, MOST Ron Paul supporters definitely seem to be more concerned about privacy and unlimited freedom issues than border security and illegal immigration.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Not me, privacy is improtant also, but I know the ramifications of not stopping illegal immigration. I want my country back, especially our constitution.

Paul supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsings
    You should not make a blanket statement about Paul supporters, that is like making a blanket statement that McCain is the only choice for the war.
    It would only be a blanket statement if I said that "all" Ron Paul supporters placed a low priority on illegal immigration. But judging from the posts on this forum, MOST Ron Paul supporters definitely seem to be more concerned about privacy and unlimited freedom issues than border security and illegal immigration.
    Jonathan, for the Paul supporters in West Viriginia, illegal immigration was certainly not an important issue. They chose to join with McCain supporters and vote for the pro-amnesty Mike Huckabee.

Old-fashioned deal-making wins in W.Va.
    Huckabee freezes out Romney for GOP victory with ‘backroom’ agreement
    NBC News and MSNBC
    updated 11:13 p.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 5, 2008
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Like an episode of “Survivor,â€
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

Constitution

Well.. if we can get back to the Constitution a LOT of the present issues will be solved. Ron Paul even wants to amend the 14 amendment and do away completely with birthright citizenship. I'd say that is pretty strong on immigration.

MW
    As the Huckabee and Paul campaigns huddled, they reached an arrangement: Paul would throw his support to Huckabee in exchange for three of the 18 national delegates that Huckabee could claim with the victory.
    So much for the integrity of the Paul campaign. I would expect something like this from the Huckabee campaign, however, I'm shocked that the Paul campaign would resort to dirty politics for pay (3 delegates).

apropos wrote:

Please explain. Did the Romney campaign make or accept a back room deal to benefit another candidate?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is not a dirty TRICK!

This is NOT a dirty trick! This is part of the election process and is LEGITIMATE in caucuses. Expect a lot of this at the brokered convention. Nobody PAID for anything...deals are made, delegates are bartered. This is part of the process.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast