Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pennsylvania Ground Zero

Hi All, I am just thinking that with Arlen Specter coming out with his own new bill for amnesty, and seeing he is the chairman of the judiciary cnmmittee, that Pennsylvania seems to be ground zero right now for telephoning Senators.

I have tried to send Senator Spector e-mails, but the response was that there would BE NO RESPONSE because I am not a constituent.

The calls to his office are met with the same kind of "dissing" because I am not his constituent. I'm wondering if we have Penn people here and if there are any Penn organizations that have stepped up their phoning, faxing and e-mailing to this arrogant Character.

Anyone have a contact # for the Penn Minutemen? Thanks, Sylvia
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Re: Pennsylvania Ground Zero

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    Hi All, I am just thinking that with Arlen Specter coming out with his own new bill for amnesty, and seeing he is the chairman of the judiciary cnmmittee, that Pennsylvania seems to be ground zero right now for telephoning Senators.

I have tried to send Senator Spector e-mails, but the response was that there would BE NO RESPONSE because I am not a constituent.

The calls to his office are met with the same kind of "dissing" because I am not his constituent. I'm wondering if we have Penn people here and if there are any Penn organizations that have stepped up their phoning, faxing and e-mailing to this arrogant Character.

Anyone have a contact # for the Penn Minutemen? Thanks, Sylvia
    There is several from Penn. I am sure there working it. I know what you mean. To be a Chairman. The whole country should have the right to e-mail him. We could post our letter on VOLPAC and explain, that he doesn't want to hear from us. Because he is selling America out.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

And don't forget, there is that little think called the US Post office. Slower, but they can't just say that people who don't live in the state can't send mail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just want to add, I still have some hope in Sen Frist, that he'll be angry enough with Bush over the Port fiasco, to rebel when it comes to being Bush's mouthpiece in the Senate. Does anyone know the Senate procedure well enough to give me a better understanding about the power of the Majority leader in how he brings a bill to the floor?
    I read about it, but not sure. Can someone tell us about Cloture, and Filled tree and all that senate jargon?

FRIST DOES ACCEPT E-MAILS AND COMMENTS ON HIS BLOG. He also has presidential aspirations. It seems we could still bring some leverage to bear there.

Does anyone know where the link is for his blog. I lost it.

Also, I remember someone awhile back suggested we keep asking Senator Sessions - a true patriot, if there IS such a thing in the Senate - to fillibuster any guestworker containing bill. Sessions is on the Judiciary committee.

Any other suggestions for strategy as we approach the Senate vote?

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

dxd

Just want to add, I still have some hope in Sen Frist, that he'll be angry enough with Bush over the Port fiasco,
    Unfortunately Frist backed down Saturday morning and he's all for the foreingers taking over our ports. Someone either threatened him or bought him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DcSA

Here is the Link to VolPac

http://www.volpac.com/index.cfm?FuseAct ... &Year=2006.

Oh By the Way, Hillary accepts E-mails also.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Oh, I like that idea, Scubayon! Do you have the Volpac forum link? We need to express our annoyance that the chairman of the judiciary is unresponsive to Americans from other states when he is in a position to make decisions that affect all of us.

JJ, the long process of sending the mail to a third area to be checked for whatever terrorist possibilities there are....I love the idea of writing a letter and I think it carries more weight than an e-mail or a fax....but we're running out of time. As you have already pointed out, they are probably going to try and SNEAK this vote in. He*l, he sure came up with that bill overnight. It doesn't bode well, do you think?

Unfortunately Frist backed down Saturday morning and he's all for the foreingers taking over our ports. Someone either threatened him or bought him.
    OH NO!! G-d help us!!

dxd
    DcSA,
    YES call on Sessions to filibuster any guest worker amnesty that is brought to the senate floor. But we can also call on him to delay any votes on guest worker amnesty in committee for one week using rule 3 of the judiciary committee rules.

3. At the request of any Member, or by action of the Chairman, a bill, matter, or nomination on the agenda of the Committee may be held over until the next meeting of the Committee or for one week, whichever occurs later.

So it goes like this:
    Senator Sessions,
    The American people overwhelmingly OPPOSE guest worker amnesty for illegal aliens. Please use rule 3 of the judiciary committee rules to delay any committee votes on guest worker amnesty and if guest worker amnesty reaches the senate floor please FILIBUSTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast