Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PIPELINE HALTED: Feds block proposed route of Dakota Access pipeline after protests

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yeah, it beats me why you in North Carolina and JD2 in California take such an interest in pipeline projects In North Dakota and Nebraska.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, it beats me why you in North Carolina and JD2 in California take such an interest in pipeline projects In North Dakota and Nebraska.
    It's all part of our country.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why would you think that anything MW and I want to discuss is any of your business?
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's all part of our country.
    Sure, but California has pipelines, lots of them, so why would you be against pipelines in North Dakota and Nebraska? We have lots of pipelines in North Carolina where I am and where MW is, and I don't hear anyone in North Carolina complaining about North Carolina pipelines.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sure, but California has pipelines, lots of them, so why would you be against pipelines in North Dakota and Nebraska? We have lots of pipelines in North Carolina where I am and where MW is, and I don't hear anyone in North Carolina complaining about North Carolina pipelines.
    I never said anything about being opposed to, or in favor of, any pipeline.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Why would you think that anything MW and I want to discuss is any of your business?
    Because you posted it on ALIPAC General Discussion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    I never said anything about being opposed to, or in favor of, any pipeline.
    Thank you for clarifying.

MW
    I can't speak for JohnDoe, but the potential destruction of our environment, at any level, should be everybody's concern. Furthermore, a lot of miles of these various pipelines were forced on individual landowners through eminent domain. So yes, I do take an interest in our environment and the property rights of individuals. Why should you have a problem with that? Not everyone dances to the same music as you, Judy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not my music, MW. It's Nebraska's and North Dakota's.

These pipelines are not destroying the environment. And as to eminent domain and property rights, you wouldn't have electricity to power your computer without the electric company having taken someone's "property rights" to deliver it to you. If you have natural gas to heat your house or operate our cooking stove, you wouldn't have natural gas without the gas company having taken someone's "property rights" to deliver it to you. You wouldn't have gas in your car or oil in your engine without some private enterprise having taken someone's "property rights" to deliver it to you. You wouldn't have a store with lights and ac and heat to shop in or a place to work with all it needs to operate so it can hire you without private enterprises having taken someone's "property rights" to make them available to you. You wouldn't have water coming out of your sink or your sewage flushing cleanly down into a pipe running all the way to waste treatment facility which then dumps into the environment without these enterprises having taken someone's "property rights" to make them available to you.

This is a developed country that has basic needs to sustain itself and one of those needs is energy development, getting products to refineries, processing and then to market the cheapest, safest way possible, and for oil and gas and a wide array of other products, pipelines are by far and away the best field primary distribution choice. The alternatives are tank cars by truck or rail which are far riskier methods and even these methods require eminent domain to build the roads and railways to transport the products.

I'm pretty confident you've been dancing on the same music of oil and gas products in your personal and work life as everyone else.

One half mile from the tribe's territory and running thru their water supply - NO GOOD. The problem is when they break and that does happen. Another problem is running shale oil, highly flammable, thru communities on rails not meant to carry such - fire bombs or the gas explosions.

We are not making the $$$ but the gas & oil and their investors are - we are AT RISK in our own homes, neighborhoods. Let us move on & expand the use of clean renewable energy sources with plenty of jobs. We are being held back to give more profits to yesterdays toxic energy sources. Other countries have goals and will be all solar, all wind etc in a decade or 2. We are prevented from progress by greedy gas & oil companies and their investors. People would very much like to be solar etc - GIVE IT TO US! It would cost us less as a consumer and they will do everything under the sun (pun intended) to stop solar.

Trump should divest - he cannot own stock and be partial. And I don't mean "give it to his kids".

'They Always Break!' Latest Pipeline Leak Underscores Dangers of DAPL

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 by Common Dreams

A major crude oil pipeline in Oklahoma sprung a leak late Sunday night; the company has yet to provide an estimate of volume spilled....

by Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

The Seaway Crude Pipeline is a 400,000-barrel per day conduit that transports crude oil from Cushing, Oklahoma to Gulf coast refineries. (Photo: CNBC)

Underscoring once again the dangers of America's unreliable fossil fuel infrastructure, a significant U.S. oil pipeline has been shut down after a leak was reported Monday morning.

Enterprise Products Partners said Monday it had shut its Seaway Crude Pipeline, a 400,000-barrel per day conduit that transports crude oil from Cushing, Oklahoma to Gulf coast refineries. The leak occurred Sunday night in an industrial area of Cushing. The company did not provide an estimate of the volume spilled, but said there was no danger to the public.

"Oil pipelines break, spill, and leak—it's not a question of if, it's a question of where and when."

—Anna Lee Rain YellowHammer, Standing Rock Sioux Tribe

"Seaway personnel continue to make progress in cleaning up the spill, substantially all of which has been contained in a retention pond at Enbridge's facility," the company said in a news release (pdf), explaining that the pipeline is a "50/50 joint venture" between Enterprise and Enbridge Inc. "Vacuum trucks are being used to recover the crude oil and return it to storage tanks on-site."

"The impacted segment of the legacy pipeline has a capacity of 50,000 barrels," the release added, "however the actual amount of crude oil released will be significantly less and won't be determined until recovery efforts are complete."

The incident comes after another pipeline rupture in Pennsylvania early on Friday, where 55,000 gallons of gasoline poured into the Susquehanna River, and about one month after a major gasoline pipeline run by Colonial Pipeline Co. had to halt pumping for a couple of weeks due to a spill in Alabama.

Meanwhile, UPI reports that "[t]he release from the Seaway pipeline is the second associated with the Cushing storage hub in less than a month. Plains All American Pipeline reported problems with infrastructure from Colorado City [Texas] to Cushing earlier this month."

Environmentalists, Indigenous people, and energy companies are in the midst of a heated debate over pipeline safety. Water protectors and their allies along the proposed route of the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) have been saying for months that the project threatens their right to safe drinking water.

"Oil pipelines break, spill, and leak—it's not a question of if, it's a question of where and when," 13-year-old Anna Lee Rain YellowHammer, a member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, wrote in a recent appeal.

"With such a high chance that this pipeline will leak," she wrote of the Enbridge-backed DAPL, "I can only guess that the oil industry keeps pushing for it because it doesn't care about our health and safety. The industry seems to think our lives are more expendable than others'."

Indeed, referring to the Cushing leak, one observer tweeted on Monday: "That's why we're screaming #NoDAPL! They always break!"

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...s-dangers-dapl
    Last edited by artist; 12-05-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast