Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    Yesterday it was "Serving the Hispanic Community".
    Yep, I say that too Skip.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So, what's next?? Show your valid mexico ID and get a 15% discount?? This is the most idiotic thing. What's next, buying your pizza with Yen, Euros, Rupees or other countries money?

http://colorado.mediamatters.org/items/200701110004

Back to this story | Home
    http://colorado.mediamatters.org/
    Discussing "Pizza for Pesos," CBS4 quoted controversial local immigration opponent

Summary: In a report on a pizza chain's decision to allow customers to pay with pesos, KCNC CBS4 quoted anti-immigration author Frosty Wooldridge -- who was identified only as an "activist" -- as saying Mexico was "creating their own Mexico inside of America."

Reporting on a decision by Dallas, Texas-based restaurant chain Pizza Patrón to start accepting Mexican pesos as payment at its stores -- including two in Colorado -- KCNC's CBS4 News at 6 p.m. reported on its January 9 broadcast that "[c]ritics say the program will encourage illegal immigration." CBS4 News reporter Katherine Blake then quoted "activist" Frosty Wooldridge -- whose views on immigration have led conservative Denver Post columnist David Harsanyi to label him "a modern-day Chicken Little" -- as saying that, because of Pizza Patrón's decision, "Mexico is now bringing its own people into our country and creating their own Mexico inside of America, and they're displacing us."

Wooldridge is the author of Immigration's Unarmed Invasion (Author House, 2004) and a participant in the "21st Century Paul Revere Ride of 2006" -- described on the organizer's website as a "summer-long cross-country motorcycle ride that visited all of the lower 48 state capitols to inform the public and their elected public servants of the severity of the illegal immigration crisis."

In one of his many immigration-related articles posted on the NewsWithViews.com website, Wooldridge asserted: "We cannot celebrate or tolerate growing numbers of Charles Mansons' from other cultures like Muslim terrorists among us." In another posting, Wooldridge mused:

Look around at the 56 Mexican consulates aiding and abetting illegal aliens to imbed themselves in our country. Look at the audacity of their lawlessness in our streets with forged documents, driving drunk with no insurance, spreading diseases like tuberculosis and openly laughing at our laws. If you think France's problems with legal Muslim immigrants rioting were terrible, just wait until our illegal Mexican aliens riot, or worse, start voting!

Appearing as a guest on the September 26 broadcast of 630 KHOW-AM's The Peter Boyles Show, Wooldridge repeated the dubious statistic -- originally attributed to U.S. Rep. Steve King (R-IA) -- that illegal immigrants "kill 25 Americans every single day of the year." As Colorado Media Matters has noted, Boyles and others have falsely attributed King's figure to the findings of a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report. In fact, there is no GAO study reporting that 25 Americans per day are killed by illegal immigrants.

Wooldridge also falsely suggested that "29 percent of criminals filling jails across this country are illegal and legal immigrants" who "cost U.S. taxpayers $1.6 billion annually" in a March 25, 2005, NewsWithViews article. Yet as Colorado Media Matters pointed out, an April 7, 2005, GAO study reported that in 2002, 2003, and 2004, the "percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens" -- legal and illegal -- was "about 27 percent."

Moreover, according to the Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), on June 30, 2004, "noncitizens" represented an even lower proportion -- 20.3 percent of federal prisoners -- down from 23.5 percent in 2003 and 25.0 percent in 2002. And factoring in state incarcerations, the BJS determined that only 6.4 percent of all state and federal prison inmates at midyear 2005 were "noncitizens" -- not just illegal immigrants -- down from 6.5 percent in 2004, 6.6 percent in 2003, and 6.9 percent in 2002.

From the January 9 broadcast of KCNC's CBS4 News at 6 p.m.:

JIM BENEMANN (co-anchor): A pizza chain is serving up controversy with a new test program.

MOLLY HUGHES (co-anchor): It is allowing customers to pay with pesos. CBS4's Katherine Blake is at one of the stores, at Sixth and Chambers in Aurora, tonight, and Katherine, some people just don't like the idea, and think the stores should not accept Mexican currency.

BLAKE: That's true, Molly. It's called Pizza for Pesos. A corporate spokesperson tells me it started as a joke when some customers facetiously asked if they could pay for their pizza with Mexican money. Corporate managers decided they'd give it a try; the program started yesterday, and already it's getting national attention on the airwaves.

RANDY SCHMIDT [franchise owner]: It's kind of been shocking to say the least, I mean --

BLAKE: Randy Schmidt can't believe how much talk these two words [aceptamos pesos] are generating.

SCHMIDT: I mean, it's not every day you get to be right next to the governor on the front page of The Denver Post.

BLAKE: Schmidt owns three Pizza Patrón stores in the metro area. The Mexico-born businessman was attracted to the national chain because of the way it caters to the Hispanic community.

SCHMIDT: Our decoration, our music, our menu --

BLAKE: This week, Pizza Patrón took that concept a step farther, allowing customers to pay for their pie with Mexican pesos.

SCHMIDT: This is a, strictly a business decision to try and strengthen our position in the pizza industry.

BLAKE: Critics say the program will encourage illegal immigration. Activist Frosty Wooldridge tells me, quote, they're helping them because all of a sudden you can use Mexican money here in the U.S. He goes on to say, Mexico is now bringing its own people into our country and creating their own Mexico inside of America, and they're displacing us.

A spokesperson for Pizza Patrón's national headquarters in Dallas, Texas, disagrees. Andy Gamm tells me it's just an important business tool for a smaller chain trying to compete with the big boys.

GAMM: I can't imagine any illegal alien coming across the border into this country with pockets full of pesos looking to make his first discretionary purchase at a pizza store.

BLAKE: This is a test program; the stores will see how it does for the next two months. If it does well, they will continue letting their customers pay for their pizzas with pesos. Molly, back to you.

HUGHES: Be interesting to see what happens. Thank you, Katherine. Well, we want to know what you think about all this. Should an American business accept pesos? Go to CBS4Denver.com to take our poll. Right now, we want to show you how the votes are going so far: 9 percent are saying yes, they like the idea; 87 percent say no; and 4 percent say they just don't know. So at this point --

BENEMANN: Appears to touch a nerve already, huh?

HUGHES: Absolutely.

— J.W.

Posted to the web on Thursday January 11, 2007 at 1:01 PM EST
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of my biggest problems is the racist hiring practices. Would the ACLU go after these guys? What about being an Equal Opportunity Employer? It's a double standard. It's political correctness...no, wait, it's not even that. There is NO diversity within the ranks at the Patron. Now that they changed their slogan, they are no longer catering to the hispanic community. Will the change their hiring habits now? Doubt it.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    One of my biggest problems is the racist hiring practices. Would the ACLU go after these guys? What about being an Equal Opportunity Employer? It's a double standard. It's political correctness...no, wait, it's not even that. There is NO diversity within the ranks at the Patron. Now that they changed their slogan, they are no longer catering to the hispanic community. Will the change their hiring habits now? Doubt it.

our government is just letting mexicans 'replace' us. particularly in this case, to be pc is treasonous.

Main Entry: rac·ism
    Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
    Function: noun
    1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
    - rac·ist /-sist also -shist/ noun or adjective

yes i would say their behavior isn't pc but racist!

I'd like to take some leftover Indian rupees down there and demand that they take them for payment. Hey, that could be a strategy. Anyone who has foreign currency go there and demand they accept everything. If they say no, then they are truly being racist and someone could sue their pants off. I might have some Czech crowns around too.

My problem is with the accepting of the peso and the slogan. Most Mexicans that have been here for a while legal or non-legal have already done something with the currency they had when they came. So in fact this was a policy aimed at the illegals. It tells them to come and spend your left over pesos here at our pizza shop. It is another way of ignoring the fact that they are illegals. We have a lot of people that could care less what the legal status of an individual is in our country. So many of the factors around this issue get ignored. This business was counting on all of the recent accomplishments the illeglas and their leaders have made. They forgot that this is not a settled issue yet with many Americans and this is why they got all the bad e-mails. I don't agree with people making threats but it is the same thing we deal with on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    My problem is with the accepting of the peso and the slogan. Most Mexicans that have been here for a while legal or non-legal have already done something with the currency they had when they came. So in fact this was a policy aimed at the illegals. It tells them to come and spend your left over pesos here at our pizza shop. It is another way of ignoring the fact that they are illegals. We have a lot of people that could care less what the legal status of an individual is in our country. So many of the factors around this issue get ignored. This business was counting on all of the recent accomplishments the illeglas and their leaders have made. They forgot that this is not a settled issue yet with many Americans and this is why they got all the bad e-mails. I don't agree with people making threats but it is the same thing we deal with on a daily basis.
    very good point. are the owners legal citizens? i'm sure with all this amnisty talk alot beleive there is no longer a difference between legals & illegals. you are so right this is a very unsettled hot button issue on both sides.

It would be interesting to know if the owners are legal. They may be legal but certainly illegal at heart.

Edit to update: Mr. Swad was on Mike Gallgher Radio. He is of Lebanese descent and born in Canton OH.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast