Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome to ALIPAC BlessUSA

I see we have one more from Waukegan, besides "FedupinWaukegan"
    ------------------------

Thanks guys, this is just rediculous! Ok, the story is this. We have this beautiful theater that was re-stored and cost the city a pretty penny. Anyhow, the theater is losing money as it's not booked as much as they thought. Well, we wanted to have an "immigration reform conference" put on at the Genesee, and it was going to all be above board with people from Washington etc. The man in charge was even going to pay the 7-10 thousand dollars out of his own pocket to reserve the Theater, but the discussion never even got that far. Well, the message from the Mayor's Office was "This is not going to happen."

I think our City is afraid of another lawsuit, but I feel they are treading on thin ice. If our Mayor doesn't want the light shone on Waukegan, he just made a bad move. I intend to call the newspaper, aldermen anyone I can to get that light shone BRIGHTLY on Waukegan. I'll try to look up those addresses again for anyone who would like to help. Thank you sooo much for your efforts. I'll post when I find those numbers....
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

Here are the e-mail addresses for the Mayor and the aldermen here in Waukegan. Thank you to all who help.

Richard H. Hyde
    Mayor mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us

Wayne Motley
    City Clerk wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us

Patrick Dutcher
    Treasurer pat.dutcher@ci.waukegan.il.us

Sam Cunningham
    1st Ward Alderman aldermancunningham@sbcgloobal.net

John Balen
    2nd Ward Alderman john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us

Greg Moisio
    3rd Ward Alderman moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net

Tony Figueroa
    4th Ward Alderman jafig8645@hotmail.com

Edith Newsome
    5th Ward Alderman edithnewsome@aol.com

Larry TenPas
    6th Ward Alderman tenpas6@yahoo.com

Pat Needham
    7th Ward Alderman pneedham@iconnect.net

Richard Larsen
    8th Ward Alderman rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us

Rafael Rivera
    9th Ward Alderman riverafriends@yahoo.com

Well here I am. Bitterly disappointed but not ready to give up. Fred on the radio said we'll just look at the town's right next door and the talk will still be about Waukegan!! They turned down a request to use our Genesee Theater which would have been a perfect site.

http://www.geneseetheatre.com/index.php

Here is something you can just copy in for a email hit to all the city hall people. We would appreciate any help you can give us. Basically; give the conference a chance, we're getting big names, will be classy, just what Waukegan needs, ask why we can't use the theater... We are handing them a solution on a golden platter and they are turning it down?! If we can get this going other town's can follow the lead. So here it is;

pneedham@iconnect.net, rick.larsen@ci.waukegan.il.us, riverafriends@yahoo.com, ray.vukovich@ci.waukegan.il.us, russ.tomlin@ci.waukegan.il.us, moisio3rdward@sbcglobal.net, mayor@ci.waukegan.il.us, wayne.motley@ci.waukegan.il.us, scunning@allstate.com, jafig8645@hotmail.com, john.balen@ci.waukegan.il.us, edithnewsome@aol.com, tenpas6@yahoo.com

here's a reminder...

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I am so sorry fed up, I know how disappointed you must be and I will send emails and hope that this turns around. Hang in there!

Letters sent. Look at what a great job you did to get this far. Real progress has been made, and will only get better. Hang in there.

I sent an email to the Mayor request an explanation on why the theoter could not be used for public communications.

Why not leave the name "Immigration" out when requesting the use of public property. Use " Public communication Convention" Community Meeting" ect.
    ------------------------

Emails sent, how can the Mayor say no, to me that is a blatant for of discrimination and a violation of your civil rights to hold any kind of conference you want to hold in your city! Check with an attorney to see if they can refuse this.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Thank you for your letters of support. Please let us know if you hear back from anyone, as I've written the Mayor a few times about things, and have NEVER heard back from him. Fedup, let me know if there is anything else that we can do. I am beyond mad at this point!!

Hello Friends,
    Hi Bless USA and Fedup!!

Just want to take a moment to thank you all for your support in our quest to HAVE THIS CONFERENCE!!

I have been working closely with Fred Flannigan & Co. to get this conference in the works, am proud to be affiliated with this project, and WE WILL HAVE THIS EVENT. By the City of Waukegan turning us down, legal citizens wanting to do a legal informational event, with LEGAL permits, everything, and being told NO is only going to shed more light on this city's love affair with the illegal aliens. The city is constantly paying out lawsuit money to the illegals and their attorneys for being "discriminated" against; yet we are the ones, legal citizens, that have been discriminated against for wanting to do something legal!!

The fight has only began; we ARE going to have this event, as many bordering towns that do not like Waukegan will surely jump at the chance to have the business, the media, the big names we have on tap for this.

Just want to thank all of you again, for your continued support. I will update as time allows, FedupinWaukegan I'm sure will keep you informed as well as Bless USA, special thanks to you both for your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast