Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I understand what the Mayor is going through, but what they don't understand is that it will only get worse unless we stop it now. These cities need to start taking personal responsibility before it is too late.

Am sending letters now. Will post any replies.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

The city cannot stop you from having a conference. Why not locate it at a private facility?

From our experiences at ALIPAC, we often recommend a privately owned facility for any event like this.

One, private property allows the organizers to control access and control who can and cannot remain at an event. If your event is on public property then you lose a lot of legal power controlling who may enter the event or remain at the event.

Having such events on private property allows the event organizers to set up needed access controls and security to prevent disruption of the event by pro illegal alien goons that are eager to destroy free speech.

If you really want to use this theater and it is public property then you should get an attorney and that should turn the Mayor around pretty fast.

There was a president out west where some of our team had a High School reserved for a big meeting like this and one of the locals tried to pull the rug on the event and cancel it. Our people attorney-ed up and got their way.

In America, citizens cannot be denied access to public meeting resources because a politician does not agree with their political positions.

W

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William, everyone thank you more then I can say.

Tomorrow night the organizer/radio talk show host will go on the air to talk more about this. I can't wait. Surely he will have more information too. We'll share!!

Anybody know a reporter who might be interested in taking up this story?

Keep those emails coming...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is where the success will be made...on the local level. Forget about the Federal government. I ahve run into so many people lately who are p.o.'d about illegal immigration. All we need is something to "ignite" this anger to action locally. Go luck in Waukegan!
    D.W.

[quote="DavidWidman"]This is where the success will be made...on the local level. Forget about the Federal government. I have run into so many people lately who are p.o.'d about illegal immigration. All we need is something to "ignite" this anger to action locally. Go luck in Waukegan!
    D.W.

If I may say so, this is getting interesting. This week the conference organizer/radio talk show guy Fred said on his show that he called the mayor back asking if he'd reconsider turning us down for using the Genesee Theater -the perfect venue. The mayor was curt and basically hung up on him. He's associating this event with a minuteman small parade a year or so ago that cost the city police time. Said he doesn't want the cost again or to deal with the protesters.

Neese even got a reply from the mayor (not me?!)

The last Minute Man in Waukegan cost the City approx $23,000 in overtime for police. This event, Reform Conference, would have had to require the same police involvement. If someone wants and pick up the tap, fine. There would have been protestors. I hope that answers your question.

Mayor Hyde

Fred was going to let this go -but on tonight's show he said an organizaiton was going to help him pursue this... Oh, he also said Illinois's Head Minuteman Rosanna Pulido is in Washington DC and is going to recruit for the conference. Also, that she was going to become the new spokeperson for 'You don't speak for me.'

Fred hopes to get national speakers. When more is known we want to extend invitations to all that can come! Should we hold the conference here?

Even though we are upset, I think it is important to be as nice as we can. If we start getting mean, the Mayor is going to cut us off completetly. I would also reccomend not using my information against him, because I've had pretty good luck with him so far and I don't want that to change. In his defense, I am sure that he is in a tough spot and is probably banging his head on a wall when he goes home at night. He seems like a decent guy, let's see if he'll work with us in some other way.

Agreed. Fred/organizer said he actually quite likes the guy. Me too. I've met and spoken to him on numerous ocassions. We are still a 'small' enough town that you can just go see him or give a call.

If I came off criticizing the mayor I'm not. I wouldn't want to be in his position for all the tea in China. There's many other places the conference can and will be held. The Genesee would have just been so impressive.

(I wasn't mad that he answered you and not me, just jealous. )

FedUp, I knew that you weren't serious about the mad/jealous thing. A win for one, is a win for all, and we keep getting a little closer. I do like the private property idea. Do you know of anyone who would be interested in donating their property for an event?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast