Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PLEASE HELP UPDATE SANCTUARY CITIES LIST

Hello all...old and new ALIPACER'S,

Some of you assisted in the creation of the original sanctuary cities list that OJJPAC hosts some time ago. This list is an educational resource used by people from across the U.S.

The last "update" of the sanctuary city list was done in August, 2006. To keep the list as up to date as possible, please let me know of any new cities, villages, towns, county's, etc. that should be added to the list. Just be certain that they are official sanctuary cities, not just cities with illegal aliens.

If you suspect a city has an "unofficial" sanctuary city policy tell me that too.

You may post the information on this thread (which I will monitor) or send me an email. I usually post submissions in a day or two.

To check what cities are already on the sanctuary city list, please click here http://www.ojjpac.org and scroll down to the sanctuary city link.

Thanks again to W for making this forum of free discussion possible and all the good works activists here do! Although I have been too busy with OJJPAC to post as often as I used to here, I am encouraged and remain hopeful by the patriotism I know manifests here every day.

My best always...pro patria!

Steve
    Founder, OJJPAC
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

National City, San Diego county, Ca.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks MD! I'll add if it isn't on the list!

Anyone else?

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Austin TX

Thanks Andy, Austin has been on the list.

Also, MD, I just added National City to the list.

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Thanks Andy, Austin has been on the list.

Also, MD, I just added National City to the list.

Steve
    Keep up the good work Steve, it's been a while since I have been to your site, guess I should pop in for a visit.
    There's a reason that EMS refers to National city as nasty city.
    Take care out there.
    MD
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Houston, Tx is still a sanctuary city. Even after a Houston police officer was killed by an illegal, the city did make some minor changes in dealing with illegals

Actualy if you add all cities in the whole state of California except maybe Escondido and Costa Mesa you will not be inacurate.
    Anyways here is a couple of hard core sanctuary cities that were not on your list.
    Montebello, CA
    Norwalk, CA
    Lynwood, CA
    Good Luck

George
    www.congressandimmigration.com

Congressandimmigration,

Thanks for the heads up.

Will add these cities to the list.

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Town offers illegal immigrants a sanctuary

Town offers illegal immigrants a sanctuary

By Catherine Elsworth in Maywood
    (Filed: 25/03/2006)
    THE TELEGRAPH . CO . UK

A Californian town has declared itself a sanctuary for illegal immigrants, attracting fierce criticism from opponents who say it is encouraging lawlessness.

Maywood, a tiny urban pocket of Los Angeles county, has abolished its traffic police because of complaints that they were unfairly picking on Latino drivers.

Previously drivers without licences - almost all illegal immigrants - had their cars impounded. The city council has also passed a resolution opposing some of the toughest government measures against illegal immigration in recent times.

The proposed federal law would require local police to enforce immigration law.

An estimated 12 million illegal immigrants are living in America. However, as many cities are devising policies to crack down on the migrants, Maywood's stance has set it apart.

In nearby Orange County, for example, Costa Mesa recently became the first city in America to train police in immigration enforcement.

The changes in Maywood, which is 97 per cent Hispanic, take place against a background of an increasingly fractious debate on immigration in America, which is likely to dominate Washington next week as Republicans press for tighter border controls.

The recently elected Maywood council has accused the town's previous administration of presiding over "oppressive" and "racist" policies, including drink-driver checkpoints which they claimed were used to stop illegal immigrants and make money by impounding their cars.

Felipe Aguirre, 53, the deputy mayor of Maywood, said the new measures had "stopped the nonsense" and would "bring sanity back to the immigration debate in this country".

"I don't really see the legal and illegal distinction," he said. "We are all human beings. Immigrants are an integral part of our community and they are not going to go away. We are recognising the reality that we cannot go after these people and survive as a city."

The changes include helping residents in the 1.2 square mile district, which has the highest population density outside New York, to convert their garages into legal accommodation.

But the moves have drawn savage criticism, with conservatives describing Maywood as "occupied America" and "a magnet for illegal immigration". They say it is permitting offences that would be punished anywhere else.

The complexion of Maywood has changed dramatically from the 1970s when it was predominantly white. Today its official population is 29,000, or 45,000 when illegal immigrants are counted. Only 5,800 are registered to vote.

"I am surprised they still call it America," said Ted Bridges, 70, who is white and has lived in Maywood all his life. "You go to the city council and they all speak Spanish. I think what they are doing is criminal."

But Fr David Velazquez, of St. Rose of Lima Church in Maywood, called the changes "a miracle".

He denied it was "inviting people to come here to do anything they want".

He said: "That is not the idea at all. It is being called a sanctuary because people are not going to be persecuted in Maywood.

"My parishioners are very happy. They cannot believe how the city has changed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wimm25.xml

Illegals raise Mexican flag over Maywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhua9tnZNo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast