Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I can tell you this for a fact... ALIPAC played a strong role in several of the NO votes last night. I'm not going to mention names. We also may end up endorsing some incumbents that voted YEA on CAFTA based on other factors.

Voting for CAFTA will weigh against a candidate, but it cannot be the lone factor. Many people and politicians still do not understand the relationship between CAFTA and foreign labor.

For instance, we have around 80 members of the immigration reform caucus and only 25 Republicans voted against CAFTA.

Our decisions must be made on a wide range of information and considerations. We all wanted to win last night, but there will be many battles ahead.

What I want to see now is the Bush approval rating response within the next few weeks.

Yes, we will be endorsing and supporting candidates in all 50 states. This will be a political revolution.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gohmert in Texas needs to go, too. This is his first trip to Washington and I think it should be the last. He held out till the very moment of his vote..I called many times but could not ascertain his position.

RR

As far as the Constitution Party, I'm already a member. I'd LOVE to see America go with that party.
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

LegalUSCitizen...it is good to be compassionate. But here is the real deal on Clay Shaw. As of late yesterday, he was telling everyone he was undecided. I called his office and they confirmed he was undecided. Last night, he was still undecided. Yet...he had a prepared presentation for the Pro-CAFTA Team that his office had worked on for many hours if not days. Yet...he had his own prepared speech which he read for the Pro-CAFTA Team.

When you are undecided, you do not participate with the Leadership in cohoots with the Prowling President Twisting Arms Until Bones Break and prepare the Presentation.

You see what I mean? He was PRO-CAFTA all the while he was telling everyone that he was undecided.

Feel compassion for his person, but HAVE NO MERCY for him as a US Congressman.

All he had to do was show up, be an American, push the little button that said NO, then go home and rest.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now that is VERY interesting, BECAUSE when I called his office I had the distinct feeling that I was getting the run around. I asked the woman, "Could you tell me how Congressman Shaw will be voting on CAFTA?"

She answered, "I really don't know, (hesitation)...I don't have any information on that here, I don't know where that information is. So I can't answer that question."

I told her I hoped his health was improving and that we support him, and that we would hope he would be voting no on CAFTA tonight.

I thought it was ODD that she didn't know anything, as though this wasn't on her mind, her desk, her anything. As if it was some small, minute detail we were talking about.

And now I learn this which you have told me.

Start packing, Mr. Shaw!!

P.S. THIS is a good example of how much important and pertinent information citizens can obtain by getting involved in issues involving our country. I would have never known any of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Start packing, Mr. Shaw!!
    You Got It, LegalUSCitizen!!

These people have to relearn the simple fact that these jobs aren't worth it if you have to sell your soul to the Devil to get it!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Charlesoakisland-- I also saw that segment on Lou Dobbs where Nancy Pelosi was talking about something FISHY going on with that vote. In fact, we discussed that in one of the threads yesterday. I hope that will be checked out.

JUDY-- I am with you 1000 percent on the separation of Church and State. I did check out the Constitution Party's website several weeks ago at someone's suggestion and I was turned off by some of their positions. Someone on one of our threads yesterday also recommended Pat Robertson's group. I am turned off by that too. Frankly, that is one of the most serious problems that I have with the way the administration is pushing such a religious right position. Like you, I am a Christian. I am the widow of a minister. But, I have very strong feelings about my religion being a PRIVATE part of my life and I sure don't want my government cramming theirs down my throat. I could not support ANY candidate with that position. We also had the same rule in my family about religion and politics!!!

Believe it or not--I have several patriotic tapes. I have a couple of Mormon Tabernacle Choir patriotics tapes and several others!! It's probably an age thing!!!

TrueAmerican--Like I said at the beginning of this thread--I can't support any party JUST BECAUSE they are anti-illegal immigration. They have got to meet my criteria on a lot of other important issues.

Having said all that--I will seriously consider any candidate from ALIPAC or suggested by ALIPAC and, if they meet that criteria, will support them to the hilt.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks Bootsie!

I feel deeply for the people searching and forming and trying to do something. It's important. But it also shows the fragmentation of our society breaking up into little groups trying to find a place where they are comfortable.

This President has done irreparable harm to this Nation. It will take alot of work to repair the damage he has caused and restore our country so it can return to the "all for one and one for all people" we had become.

ALIPAC is helping us do that.

Thanks William and Everybody!!

We'd be a "lonely crowd" without ALIPAC!!

So true, Judy. We, at ALIPAC, are grasping at straws because we feel like the rug has been jerked out from under us. We must realize that illegal immigration and so-called free trade agreements are just two of MANY issues that we will have to examine before we support any candidate. I know we will never find a party with which we will completely agree but I for one will need to find a candidate who shares my BASIC philosophy.

It has been wonderful to have a group of kindred spirits who share the passion we have about what it happening in our country. Frankly, my friends are sick of hearing me rant about illegal immigration!!

Which reminds me of something else I wanted to put forth on the forum. My son works for a man who also does farming and selling produce at Farmers' Markets. My son rode with him yesterday to Cooleemee, NC to pick up a load of produce. They were talking with the farmer and my son said he had a HUGE farm. He told my son and his boss that the Department of Labor would not ALLOW him to pay the Hispanic workers LESS than $8.75 an hour. I just find that hard to believe. First, I don't think they can do that. What I told my son was that I thought that the situation MIGHT be that there is a middle man or contractor who sub-contracts these workers. The workers probably don't actually get any $8.75 an hour but the middle man probably takes a cut. I believe that the farmer is being lied to and I told my son I would toss this out to the group and get feedback from y'all. I also think I need to contact MS, CHERIE BERRY, our "friend" Commissioner of Labor, and put the question to her. Although, if her lack of response to my letter concerning the arrests at Seymour Johnson, I will probably not hear from her!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie!! It is possible if the workers are part of the Union that was formed here last year. A group of migrant farmers went on strike against Mount Olive Pickle Company and reached an agreement of $8 an hour plus workman's compensation coverage AND a Bonus. There may be other provisions that bring the actual pay rate to $8.75 an hour. I don't know if this is the same group of workers but there were several thousand involved. A guy from Ohio started their Union. These agreements are filed with the Department of Labor to ensure that workers who strike and win wages and benefits are assured of getting them.

I posted this a few months ago when the opposition was claiming "slave wages". Not in North Carolina. If Americans were paid $8.75 an hour plus a bonus, they'd be lining up to from I-95 to Charlotte for this work. It's my understanding from the wages paid to farm workers in California that they can earn up to $16 an hour with their bonus.

Americans have been SHUT-OUT of these jobs and opportunities. No one notifies them of the job or posts the rate or recruits them or assists them with transportation to the farm or any of the arrangements that have been made for the migrant farm workers.

Try calling CHERIE and see what you can find out, then post it.

I bet anything that that's what it is, Judy. And, you know what else I thought about??? Remember me researching NCOSH and discovering it is part of the AFL-CIO?? WELL...........Whatcha wanna bet that this has SOMETHING to do with both situations here.

I do NOT want to call that Cherie Berry after she didn't have the courtesy to even respond when I voiced my concerns about the Department of Labor's handling of the Seymour Johnson arrests. I know how she got her job and I know how we can TAKE it back!

But, my son said he DID ask the man who owned the farm why he didn't have American workers and he did say he couldn't get any to work for that price. They were picking HUGE watermelons, my son said. I just don't know. I hear it both ways. I have a neighbor who is a contractor and he says that they are much more dependable than the Americans he uses on jobs. He doesn't know whether they are legal or illegal because they work for a sub-contractor who pays the workers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast