Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Poll: Fiorina rockets to No. 2 behind Trump in GOP field

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll: Fiorina rockets to No. 2 behind Trump in GOP field

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politi...can-2016-poll/

Poll: Fiorina rockets to No. 2 behind Trump in GOP field

By Eric Bradner, CNN

Updated 10:05 AM ET, Sun September 20, 2015

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina shot into second place in the Republican presidential field on the heels of another strong debate performance, and Donald Trump has lost some support, a new national CNN/ORC poll shows.

The survey, conducted in the three days after 23 million people tuned in to Wednesday night's GOP debate on CNN, shows that Trump is still the party's front-runner with 24% support. That, though, is an 8 percentage point decrease from earlier in the month when a similar poll had him at 32%.

Fiorina ranks second with 15% support -- up from 3% in early September. She's just ahead of Ben Carson's 14%, though Carson's support has also declined from 19% in the previous poll.

Driving Trump's drop and Fiorina's rise: a debate in which 31% of Republicans who watched said Trump was the loser, and 52% identified Fiorina as the winner.

READ: The complete CNN/ORC poll results

During the CNN debate, Fiorina clashed with Trump over his personal attacks and their business records and scored points for her condemnation of Planned Parenthood.

The top three contenders underscore a key theme in the 2016 race: In a jampacked GOP presidential field, the leading candidates are the only ones who have never held political office.

But one established politician has seen his standing rise after flashing foreign policy chops on the debate stage. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida -- identified as Wednesday's winner by 14% of Republicans, putting him second behind Fiorina -- is now in fourth place with 11% support, up from 3% in a previous poll.

In fifth place is former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, at 9%. He's followed by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 6% each, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky at 4%, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 3%, Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 2% and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania at 1%.

Five other candidates received less than one-half of 1 percentage point support: former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former New York Gov. George Pataki and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

Walker's collapse is especially stark.

Celebrated by conservatives -- in the party's base and its donor class alike -- for his union-busting efforts in Wisconsin, Walker at one point led the field in the key early voting state of Iowa.

His support had already dropped to 5% in a CNN/ORC poll in early September, but the bottom appears to have fallen out completely since then -- with a second flat debate performance coming after criticism of his disparate answers on issues like birthright citizenship.

Carson was a quiet presence in Wednesday's debate, but he remains the most popular candidate in the GOP field, with 65% of Republican voters saying they view him favorably, compared with just 10% saying they have an unfavorable opinion of the retired neurosurgeon.

Rubio ranks second in the popularity contest, with 57% viewing him favorably and 16% unfavorably. He's followed by Fiorina (54% favorable to 17% unfavorable), Huckabee (53% to 28% unfavorable), Cruz (52% to 22%) and Trump (52% to 40%).

The biggest positive movement was in favor of Fiorina, whose favorability rating has climbed by 9 percentage points since August. And the biggest drop hit Trump, who shed 6 percentage points in that same period.

But Trump still stands out on the issues.

About 44% of likely GOP voters say they see Trump as the candidate who could best handle the economy -- well ahead of his nearest competitors: Fiorina at 11%, Rubio at 10% and Bush at 8%.

Trump also wins on immigration, with 47% saying he could best address the issue, ahead of second-place Rubio's 15% and Bush's 9%.

He even edges Rubio, 22% to 17%, on who could best handle foreign policy.

The poll offered some good overall news for Republicans: 65% of GOP voters said they are either "extremely" or "very" enthusiastic about voting in the 2016 presidential race, compared with 51% of Democrats.

The CNN/ORC poll was conducted September 17-19 and surveyed 1,006 adult Americans, including 924 registered voters -- 444 of whom are Republicans and independents who lean toward the GOP. The margin of error with the Republican results is plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Okay, so if Trump leads 44% over 11% or less on the ECONOMY, and Trump leads 47% over 15% or less on IMMIGRATION, and 22% over 17% or less on FOREIGN POLICY, then how in the world does he come out at only 24% on overall? Is it the split among those issues? Or lie-based pity votes or what splitting the vote on voting?

Well, anyway, the numbers on issues are tremendous and he's holding the lead by a strong margin, but damn, Republicans, get consistent, since immigration is the number one issue to help fix our poor economy and strengthen US so we can have a coherent peace-based foreign policy, we need to get all our apples in the apple box and stop spreading it around.

We need to unite and unite in a hurry. I know the elections are months away, but the time to send the message of unity is now, so we can start impacting policy change now.

Oh and CNN, I think you're a bunch of jerks for not covering Trump's event at the Urbandale High School Homecoming. How you could possibly decide to rant and rave about Trump not defending Obama not being a Muslim and whine about Muslim Refugees from Syria, and carrying on about Muslim Clock Boy all night Saturday instead of covering this adorable Trump event and getting these great American Kids some TV coverage they certainly deserved is beyond me. It just shows you and the rest of this putrid media don't give a damn about Americans.

And by the way, the "clock" Muslim Clock Boy made was a fake. You can buy it on line through Ebay.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/...and-ourselves/

Excerpt:

I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock. Now, before I go on and get accused of attacking a 14 year old kid who’s already been through enough, let me explain my purpose. I don’t want to just dissect the clock. I want to dissect our reaction as a society to the situation. Part of that is the knee-jerk responses we’re all so quick to make without facts. So, before you scroll down and leave me angry comments, please continue to the end (or not – prove my point, and miss the point, entirely!)

For starters, one glance at the printed circuit board in the photo, and I knew we were looking at mid-to-late 1970s vintage electronics. Surely you’ve seen a modern circuit board, with metallic traces leading all over to the various components like an electronic spider’s web. You’ll notice right away the highly accurate spacing, straightness of the lines, consistency of the patterns. That’s because we design things on computers nowadays, and computers assist in routing these lines. Take a look at the board in Ahmed’s clock. It almost looks hand-drawn, right? That’s because it probably was. Computer aided design was in its infancy in the 70s. This is how simple, low cost items (like an alarm clock) were designed. Today, even a budding beginner is going to get some computer aided assistance – in fact they’ll probably start there, learning by simulating designs before building them. You can even simulate or lay out a board with free apps on your phone or tablet. A modern hobbyist usually wouldn’t be bothered with the outdated design techniques. There’s also silk screening on the board. An “M” logo, “C-94” (probably, a part number – C might even stand for “clock”), and what looks like an American flag. More about that in a minute. Point for now being, a hobbyist wouldn’t silk screen logos and part numbers on their home made creation. It’s pretty safe to say already we’re looking at ’70s tech, mass produced in a factory.

So I turned to eBay, searching for vintage alarm clocks. It only took a minute to locate Ahmed’s clock. See this eBay listing, up at the time of this writing. Amhed’s clock was invented, and built, by Micronta, a Radio Shack subsidary. Catalog number 63 765.
    Oh, lest we forget stupid Obama who has invited Fake Clock Boy to the White House because of his "invention."

The stupidity of our country is just beyond belief! Engineering teacher fooled, police fooled, media fooled and perhaps the saddest of all ... the Commander In Chief of the United States Military .... FOOLED by Muslim Fake Clock Boy!
    Last edited by Judy; 09-21-2015 at 02:42 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

judy
    i get a call from fl & all of fl love trump & theywant trump for president all of the new's lie
    he is for,our country he don't lie like the rest of the candidate & the new paper he tell like
    like it is as fl said& all of the other state said e want our country back they alway kick
    trumpown But obama they kiss his ass & if any other date get in we are all in a shit hold
    good luck trump if he has to pay his way in good

Carly Fiorina's Business Record At Least As Bad As Trump’s

The Young Turks

Published on Sep 17, 2015
    During the debate there was a showdown between Donald Trump and Carly Fiorina where they attacked each others’ business records. It seems neither of them have much room to talk. Especially Florina. Cenk Uygur, host of the The Young Turks, breaks it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

"“How did she do?" asked Yale University management professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld. “Pretty badly.”...

All told, HP’s stock dropped more than 55 percent during Fiorina’s tenure as chief executive. The company laid off 30,000 employees under her leadership. Fiorina herself left with a $21 million golden parachute, having collected a total of $100 million in pay for her six rocky years in charge.”*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0GhRWgXnM