Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: No One Knows Their HISTORY Here??

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    The lesson I'm trying to make here is this. Our "fearless leaders" are in the process of re-writing history books to give an entirely different story so as to make what they are CURRENTLY doing seem more realistic and legitimate. They are counting on people to NOT know their history.
    Kurt
    I totally agree with this, but not with your statement that no one here knows their history. I didn't see the original post or I would have responed. The Reagan quote was obvious. And I would venture a quess that the majority of people here knew that.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

What purpose is there to present dis-information? Is it to prove that real Americans can stoop as low as some radical groups and our politicians?

If you want to give history lessons -- give them without 'testing'.

DiverMike -- Proud American living with his Legal Wife in Hawaii.

I guess I shouldn't be so darned hard on folks today. Especially those younger than myself. Our education system is severely lacking today, to put it in a nice way without going overboard.

I was one of the lucky ones, as we lived on a farm in a small rural area called Bayard Nebraska. Myself and my sister caught the tail end of the era when small two-room schools were still accepted as educational facilities.

I remember learning songs about Dave Crockett (King of the wild frontier) in 1813. I remember being taught about the civil war and what a sacrifice our fighting men made so that we could have the country we were able to enjoy while those who fought never got a chance to see it. At least not those who gave their lives for a higher ideal and freedom for all.

I recall learning that freedom isn't free for everyone. Even some of our founding fathers made that point - sometimes it comes to the loss of life and limb in order to preserve the liberties for future generations. Those who are willing to fight for, and defend, liberty realizing that you could be maimed and killed for it - are true heros and are the most selfless people. Though our revolutionaries of centuries gone by knew they may not get to experience what it was they were defending and fighting for, they realized their posterity (children and grandchildren) would possibly have the freedoms which would never be had by those who sacrificed all so that it could be so.

I recall praying in school before classes began every morning. Immediately following the prayer, we all stood and pledged allegience to the flag of the United States of America. Then we would sing the Star Spangled Banner after which classes began for the day.

I recall our two school teachers. One taught grades kindergarten through fourth grade in one room which was called "the lower room". The other teacher was responsible for fifth and sixth grades in the other room which was called the "upper room". After grade six, we had to attend Junior High and High School in town.

The quality of all education in that school was far beyond just "high quality". While many students today don't have to write term papers and thesis papers on history and other subjects until junior high and high school, we were doing heavy research, writing thesis and term papers in fifth and sixth grades already. By sixth grade, we were learning English at the same level as English Composition I in college even!

By sixth grade, we also had a solid grasp of basic algebra and geometry sciences/mathematics. It was clear that our teachers understood that those of us they were teaching were to eventually become our military personnel, engineers and even teachers themselves. They had a burning desire to ensure we got a quality education, and those times of my life were the most grand times of them all.

Today, our youth are being cheated. Illegal immigration is causing our educational institutions to lower standards down to the lowest common denominator. Instead of teaching our children in higher math and sciences, schools struggle to simply get kids out the door with a basic enough knowledge of English and writing so they can function.

We have kids getting out of High School today who can't even pass the most basic college entry exams. Many don't even know who the first President of the United States was. I kid you not!!!

I get so fed up over this, I tend to take it out on people today, when I SHOULD be taking it out on our government and educational system. I will work harder in making sure proper blame is cast where it is due.

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Banned
    Kurt,

I remember learning songs about Dave Crockett (King of the wild frontier) in 1813.
    Just how old ARE you??? :P :P

I know what you mean about education in 'the old days'. My son is 16 and the majority of the stuff that passes for education these days is garbage. In math class they let you use calculators instead of showing your work. My boy hated it at the time, but making him grab a pencil was the best thing I ever did.

I'm 37 - just a little under being classified as "old" by many lol

Wow concernedveteran! I don't know if I should be offended or laugh my a$$ off!

Just who do you think you are addressing on this board? We have all joined for one common purpose -- Invasion from south of the boarder.

I do think you missed something in school -- and that is called goverment. I recall my teacher hammering home that our country is run by 'we the people' not career politicians. And if you don't like what they are doing you have a couple of choices -- write them or vote them out of office.

DiverMike -- Proud Retired Master Sergeant USAF 1973-2003

DiverMike - what would cause you to be either offended OR to laugh your a$$ off, as you said?

This thread has become a jumbled mess with an assortment of discussion. Are you addressing me on the initial post I made to start this dumb idea of a thread I started? Or are you addressing one of the other posts? Please explain what you meant by that, and I can answer your question - that is, if you even intended it to be answered. Not sure if it was meant to be a question or a lashing.

CVI remember learning songs about Dave Crockett (King of the wild frontier) in 1813.
    PineStrawGuys
    Just how old ARE you???
    ROFLMAO!!!! I think he's mixing up two songs. Davey Crockett, king of the wild frontier was a 50's TV show that we watched after school and "in 1813" was a Johnny Horton song about the War of 1812 that was very popular on the radio in 1959.

How do I know this? I was there. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    CVI remember learning songs about Dave Crockett (King of the wild frontier) in 1813.
    PineStrawGuys
    [quote:12ib0osd]Just how old ARE you???
    ROFLMAO!!!! I think he's mixing up two songs. Davey Crockett, king of the wild frontier was a 50's TV show that we watched after school and "in 1813" was a Johnny Horton song about the War of 1812 that was very popular on the radio in 1959.

How do I know this? I was there. LOL[/quote:12ib0osd]

Oh my *shakes head* I didn't mean we were singing the song IN 1813.

There IS a song we sang about the year 1813 and Davey Crockett. I remember it clearly.

And sorry about the mismanaged placement of the year making it sound like we sang it in 1813 LOL No wonder someone asked how old I am. Good God, 1813 would make me older than my own great-great.... gransparents for pete's sake.

Dunce Cap <-------- I'll wear it for the rest of the day. Oh, and what's that thing my daughter always says? Oh yea.... "Doh!!" Her take from Bart Simpson.

Doh

Yep, concernedveteran.....had me wondering! 2 room school house and all. Having spent some time in Nebraska I did know the classes were ALOT smaller but not quite 2 room so you had me picturing Little House. That's OK though.....gave me a good giggle today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast