Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't Know History -- Don't Know Squat

concernedveteran
    I don't believe I called your post "evil," and I'm not angry at you (I'm angry at illegals and our spineless politicians), but I would prefer a forum/group in which I can trust the info. Mistakes are acceptable, but misinformation is a waste of time. And being a product of public schools, I did have some experience with teachers who provided misinformation -- and SOMETIMES it was done to make us do our own research and to THINK FOR OURSELVES (although I think many times they didn't know what the heck they were talking about). So although I just came upon this website accidentally about 10 hours ago, I'll stick around unless I read more intentional misinformation and figure some folks here are as misleading as the wack jobs in the pro camps. ;.)
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

KickEmOut... I don't think anyone here desires to mislead. I carefully analyzed my intentional error before I clicked "submit" to make sure it wouldn't mislead on anything of any real importance. The fact that a president DID succeed in having the "walls torn down" remained in what I posted, and that is the important fact. Mis-stating WHICH president said "...tear down that wall..." is unimportant really, and doesn't injure any cause or perception.

If something is CRITICAL, rest assured that I do my homework and post accordingly.

What irritates me these days is how someone can tell someone something in a medium which is "trusted", but what is said is outright garbage and lies. The most irritating part of it for me, though, is how many folks out there BELIEVE in such drivel. It upsets me to the point I can't sleep at night at times. Thus, my controversial mode of activism.

It's not what is said that counts. It's what a person does to verify before acting that is the real test of "due diligence".

Welcome to ALIPAC. DO stick around. While you may have stumled upon this website accidentally, you will find that what ALIPAC themselves stand for is definitely no "accident".

Regards!!

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie

I've been criticized for standing on 'state's rights' -- it's a bad word, not 'politically correct' and offensive to many. BUT as a nation we celebrate state's rights every year on the 4th of July.
    Mamie, you are so right. I want to encourage each and every American to study history and support States' rights.

I am tired of hearing ignorant leftists whining about supposed national issues that are really state issues. They want the President to enforce legislation for all states when it is really up to each state to decide many of these issues. The last time I checked, the word States in United States had an 's' on the end indicating plural. If our own citizens cannot tell the difference between singular and plural, I guess we can only expect our immigrants to to see no difference between legal and illegal.

Re: Don't Know History -- Don't Know Squat

Quote Originally Posted by KickEmOut
    I just came upon this website accidentally about 10 hours ago, I'll stick around unless I read more intentional misinformation and figure some folks here are as misleading as the wack jobs in the pro camps. ;.)
    welcome to the fight and I hope you do stick around. One thing I think you will see is many of us here might disagree on some things, but we all agree to disagree and are very forgiving of each other if we are offended. We come from all backgrounds and national origins, therfore we all see things differently, but at the same time we all see things the same.

If things get out of hand, the moderators take care of the problems. There are some things that are strictly forbidden on this site and will be deleted -- ask me how I know
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

concernedveteran
    OK, points well taken. I'll definitely stick around. I've felt somewhat isolated due to the America-bashing loudmouths that inhabit too much of this state. On this site I think I've finally found a common ground.

If I ever post misinformation, it won't be intentional, it'll just be a mistake!! lol
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

I didn't see your post - I would have known the difference.

Would I have said anything? Probably not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually mamie, while it is acceptable to forgive and to agree to disagree, I am very sobered by KickEmOut's point that using a bit of misinformation as a test probably isn't the best way to "sharpen the edges" of society and to wake them up.

From the way he talks, such activity can turn people away from ALIPAC and that is totally unacceptable to me.

I won't use such a technique again. I should have thought a little more on what I did before doing it - that this is a forum and not a classroom. Goes to show that no matter how well thought-out you THOUGHT something is, there will always be someone who will take it the wrong way or will think less of your credibility even though your intentions felt right and true at the time.

I admit what I did with such a "test" may not have been the best approach. KickEmOut and others, DO stay here! And know that I won't use such a technique again. There are plenty of other ways which can be contrived to wake people up and I'll actively pursue those methods instead.

Again, welcome to ALIPAC!

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Caught it, but like Mamie, wasn't positive it couldn't have been said before.

I read things here and if it's something I question or didn't know, I'll look it up on my own and come to my own conclusion. I am not a school teacher, this is not a classroom, so I don't do tests. I am constantly learning everyday and don't feel I am in the position to tear apart someones post. It's me but I really don't care what date something happened or who did it.....I'm concerned it happened and what effect it's had. I don't care if someone mis-spells a word or uses improper punctuation, as long I understand what they are trying to say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kurt, I didn't read the post, if I had I would have discussed it with you. I've been interested in history for many years...studying even back to Roman times...(the similarities between the US and old Rome are striking)...And, forum or no, it is a good way to wake folks up about what they're swallowing without chewing.

When I married Jim he had children from a previous marriage...the youngest being a sophomore in high school....I was appalled at his ignorance!! Good heavens..he hadn't been taught anything compared to what we were taught. I've been years attempting to teach Damon to 'think'...'think'...he believes the drivel he sees on tv..ouch...

Mamie...I know how you feel about the Civil War...it's always true that the winner gets to write history....my family also fought in the Civil War...my ggrandfather was taken prisoner at Vicksburg ....the propaganda is that this war was fought to free the slaves....oh dear heaven...those blacks were used by Lincoln 2 years after the war started just for cannon fodder. The war was about States rights. The hijinks that Lincoln pulled those years is absolutely appalling. And will I honor the Confederate flag...you're danged right I will...those were some of the toughest fighters to ever be born on this earth...honor is theirs by right. Their cause was, is and will always be honorable.

MJ

...it's always true that the winner gets to write history..
    I learned that when I took womens history in college. It depends on where your sitting in the event. History is from the elite point of view. Not the average person. They told us what they wanted us to know. Just like they are now. What impressed me the most was inspite of all the injustices and lies, the fact we're even here is a testiment to the generations before us. Not the elite. Not the politicans. The average American. We came from some strong dedicated stock. I don't know why they chose to lie about so many things. The truth is a much better story and it has a way of comming out in the end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast