Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This Post Is a BAD Case of "History" Let it Die..

(Self-Moderated)

This one deserved to die due to offense taken
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

concernedveteran
    What worries the heck outa me is why you would intentionally post misinformation on the internet. Many people may have read what you wrote and will pass that bit of misinformation on to others. C'mon, although I understand why you (purportedly) did that, I think we have enough problems with the situation at hand without having someone create more confusion.

It bothers me that Ronald Reagan, a man I admired, passed the "Amnesty
    Law" in 1986. There must have been reasons about which I am not aware. I do think GHWB was soft on almost everything, except when he gave a network newsman some heated retort once.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

This is the first time I read your presidential quotes, but I did recognize one of them from Reagan: "Tear down this wall." I think that was one of his most famous quotes.

KickEmOut... actually, the thread in which I posted that, the post was quite deep (mine was way down on page six or eight or something like that) to minimize what you say concerns you. Further, I didn't provide anything in that post which would warrant it in being passed on for action of any kind. It was more of a personal comment type post than anything, to see if anyone would catch my error.

I don't make a habit of putting misinformation in many posts. As a matter of fact, if anything is extremely important, I go to the library and spend hours studying up to make sure I am right on something that is critical. There are times I've even paid big bucks to pay for copies of large bills passed by Congress and Senate so I could verify for myself first before I rushed off and passed information on to the public. Rest assured, if a matter is extremely important and critical, there is no room for error.

As you know, school teachers use the same technique I used in that post as well. They will be speaking and then toss in something that isn't quite right in order to make a point - and to see if the students were paying attention. I've been a victim of this myself, and it makes you pay better attention to what is being said.

No harm was meant by my post. Though some will disagree with such a technique, such as yourself, it is extremely important to me in seeing people paying closer attention. I shouldn't be the only one raiding my local library for history lessons and other information to validate before putting things out. Lack of understanding when writing your representatives is extremely dangerous. Lack of understanding of where politicians stand before you vote on them is extremely dangerous. Some folks go out to vote on people and issues without really knowing who or what they are voting for.

It's time to sharpen the minds of our people. Without presenting a case such as the one I desired to present here, many will skim the surface without digging a little deeper.

Sorry my attempt angered you. Apparantly you've never had any teachers (or anyone else for that matter) use this educational technique on you. I have, and I have fellow students I went to school with who had he same experience.

Are we all grateful for it? YES! Though it seems unfair in the beginning - in the end it most certainly makes one to pay better attention to detail.

So, therefore, am I sorry for using it here in the least? Not at all. When I do or say something, I stick with it whether some consider it "evil" or not. Evil prospers only due to the intent of the individual. My intention was far from evil -I insist on GOOD to prosper even if it does mean being a pain in the rear end at times.

Kurt

Re: No One Knows Their HISTORY Here??

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    It wasn't George Bush Sr. who petitioned to have the Berlin wall and the Soviet Union to "give in"... it was Ronald Reagan!!!
    I knew Ronald Reagan made the statement -- I've quoted Ronald Reagan's words in documents to Congress -- but I didn't know if Bush, Sr. had said it before him
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Well, Kurt I did catch that mistake and mentally decided not to believe all that you said from that point on. Also, because I'm wishy-washy, didn't want to make waves or embarrass you. I know, I know we can't make progress like that and honestly, I'm working on it. Someday soon I'll be confronting a truckload of illegals at Krogers like Dannah told us in another thread.

I have to keep a balance because the company I work for has lots of Hispanics, some MUST be illegal, AND I need my job.

It's not only our leaders who are rewriting American history. For years the self proclaimed, history teacher "experts" misled my kids in high school and went on to write their own versions of history and some of those books are now being used to mis-teach more kids! There was a lot of homeschooling in history at my house to counteract what they were teaching!

HOTB

p.s. I'll give you a break this time, but I'm watching you now
    Americans First!

(Self-Moderated)

This one deserved to die due to offence taken

(Self-Moderated)

This one deserved to die due to offense taken

Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    It's not only our leaders who are rewriting American history. For years the self proclaimed, history teacher "experts" misled my kids in high school and went on to write their own versions of history and some of those books are now being used to mis-teach more kids! There was a lot of homeschooling in history at my house to counteract what they were teaching!
    history isn't history -- it's propaganda and spin. When I started researching family history I got into the civil war. I was not only shocked but horrified that the history of that war was so distorted. I remember I was so frightened one night I could not stop reading until 5:00 in the morning -- my heart was beating so fast -- I was terrified that the federal government did what it did to their "fellow countrymen" -- those of the north and the south.

In re-writing history they left out a few "details" and undisputable "facts"

I've been criticized for standing on 'state's rights' -- it's a bad word, not 'politically correct' and offensive to many. BUT as a nation we celebrate state's rights every year on the 4th of July.

I've been told this is 'foreign policy' NOT a state's rights issue. I say to each his own, everyone is entitled to pick and choose their own battle to fight -- but we're all, nonetheless fighting for the same thing -- the more areas we cover, the better chances we have for a glorious victory
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Amen Mamie. I second that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast